All teen and kid member reviews for Super Mario Galaxy 2

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 25, 2012

Good.....for a Sequel

I am a very truthful person so I'm not going to lie, this game didn't live up to the popular rave. The graphics and music are great, 9/10 each, but the gameplay is terrible: 6/10. Only some levels are fun: Yoshi levels, boss levels and one level called "The Tall Tree's Big Slide". Levels: 7/10. Mario is a great role model, he saves the day on multiple occasions. Lubba and Yoshi also help Mario throughout his quest to save Princess Peach, therefore, they serve as great role models. The game relays several messages. One such message is to take a break from the game when Lubba tells you to take a break from adventuring. Another message that is relayed is friends help friends, like when Yoshi helps you in your quest to save the princess. The whole "save the damsel in distress" idea can be a positive message too. Kids will have to put their problem solving skills to the test to defeat the enemy AI (artificial intelligence). Kids will also have to navigate puzzling labyrinths. There is little violence in the game. Some scary creatures are seen and can frighten anyone under the age of six. As with past Mario games, you hop on foes and launch fireballs with a certain powerup. There is a new powerup where you turn into a boulder and roll over enemies. Overall, I give this game a 7.5/10. If you want a better game, go with the original Super Mario Galaxy. It's 30 dollars less and a way better game.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2011

Go Mario 2!

Extremely fun. I absolutely love playing as Yoshi. I think it's great how easy to play it all is and how much pride they put in their work.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDug428 November 25, 2010

Great, but hard. Good for all gamers.

The game plays really good the controls are spot-on, and the story is pretty good. The evels have very clever design, and the bosses are okay. In some portions the game gets VERY frustrating, like when you have cosmic clones attacking you while you are trying to get a goldenchain chomp to the end of the room, ut it is a good challenge. Better than the first game.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2015

Good But...

This game is not as good as the original, I'm not saying its bad, just not as good. It has new suits and bosses, and you can ride around on Yoshi, another iconic Mario character, but nothing out of the ordinary for Mario. Very little violence, once again your using your spinning power to stun enemies so you can stomp or kick them. Mario and Peach like each other, and Mario has to save her from Bowser, the love struck villain.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

Fantastic game, a must have for any Wii owner!

I absolutely love the original Super Mario Galaxy. I think it was the first game I've ever played. The level design was great, the puzzles were superb, and the music was beautiful. But then I played Super Mario Galaxy 2, and now it's probably the best Mario game of all time! I love everything in this game. From the music, the challenge, the level design, the puzzles, and whenever I play this game, I always have a smile on my face! I HIGHLY recommend this game if you are a fan of mario, and if you own a Wii, you should definitely buy this game!
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red January 6, 2015

Much better than the first one!

title says it all
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 21, 2014

Mind blowing!

HOLY MOTHERF**KING S**T! This is the best Super Mario game ever! Epic levels, jaw dropping colors, and so easy to play. I play Super Mario Galaxy 2 everyday.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Awesome.

I love Super Mario. The first one I really liked, but this is better yet! It's so addictive and easy to play. There is nothing wrong with this gem of a video game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe pox July 21, 2013

Very disappointing.

I found this game to be awful compared the the first one. Everything is just copy pasted but made worse. The scenery doesn't even look like space, the characters are way more bland than the first one, and the game is too easy itself.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 8, 2013

Yeah, and I thought the 1st one was amazing. This is even better yet.

Wow. This game is brilliant, amazing, interesting, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, and just out of this world. It is really easy to play. Also, there are positive role-models AND positive messages. It is also a lot of fun to play. Anyways, this game is totally #6 on my best video games of all-time list. I love Super Mario Galaxy 2 so much.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysilvonadux March 19, 2013

silvonadux review

You know when you hear "The second usually not worth it" and you decide "well, Might as well forget it" and move on? This is one of those times to ignore that. This is the sequel to Super Mario Galaxy obviously and I love it because they give you a little more to do; a little more to worry about. I'm very happy with the game itself. It is very different from the first mario galaxy comprendo? So don't get mad if you want it to be exactly the same. Just rent it or something and give it a try. I'm not telling you to start interacting with ALL sequels because trust me, sequels are usually the worst. But this one is different. It's good. All done!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylovzhisdad March 18, 2013

All the Right Music+Original Gameplay+Hefty Price=Price Doesn't Stop You? Decided It's Appropriate For Your Kids? Then Buy It!

This game is not only a Mario game that takes place in outer space, but also combines what we have come to expect from Mario games and outer space-themed games. The music is memorable, thoroughly captures the feel of whatever level it's in, and of course is very, very catchy. It always creates the right effect in the player. There is much replay value associated with the music combined with the crazy gameplay, the innovative level design, the high difficulty, the extensive game length, the astounding graphics, etc. With these many pros significantly outweighing the cons, this game may be one of the best titles available on Wii.
Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

LEARNING

omg

no deal, but this is the best
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOLEST GAME EVER! It's so much fun AND it's very easy! I'm very good at this game.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2012

Great!!

Harmless fun for any age. Played Mario for as long as I can remember. Easy to control, but can be harder for younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

Amazing video game!

I LOVE Super Mario Galaxy 2! It has great adventure,awesome atcio,ect.If you love Super Mario,I highly recomend this epic video game!
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

Mario is back!!!

This was one of my first games I ever played for the Wii. Some people think it's not good enough. They can argue all they want, but nothing from haters will ever get close to a game this great!
Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2012

Great Game! Fun, Fairly Easy To Play And Visually Beautiful!

This game is amazing! The controls are easy to master, the graphics are great (For the Wii), and there is no objectionable content, just mild cartoon violence. The only complaint I have is that the multiplayer is extremely lame. The only thing player 2 can do as the star is shake and collect star bits. But besides that, this is a simple, stunning, and fun game.
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2012

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2

Mario's best ride on the Wii
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

Best Super Mario game i've ever played!

I can see why this video ame is so popular! It is realy cool and easy to play! Everyone at my High School loves this video game.Including me! :D :D :D