All parent member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Parent of a 7 year old Written byrlsimpki October 17, 2009

7 year olds love it!

I have 5 year old and 7 year old boys who love this game. The adventure mode is really fun (according to them.) Gets even more fun as you get further in the game. It is a little violent/aggressive behavior - but it is Super Smash Bros.
Adult Written bytalfonso March 25, 2009

Wii Players Shouldn't Overlook that Game!

This is bar none one of the most wittiest games I've ever played - excellent movesets, playable characters, and more. Although it is rated Teen for cartoon violence and crude humor (such as Wario passing gas to knock out his opponent) it's tops for tweens! My favorite new taunt is Sonic's convincing that the opponent is "too slow!"
Adult Written byTemplar314 January 19, 2009

The king of Wii games

The simplicity of the controls makes this game newcomer-friendly, and veteran players will not be disappointed. Super Smash Bros. Brawl takes the superior gameplay of Melee and enhances it with long-awaited (as well as unexpected) characters, fantastic music, and new features to the combat system such as Final Smashes. Parents should not be overly concerned. For a fighting game, Brawl has a very non-objectionable combat system in which the goal is not to kill the opponent, but to force them off of the stage. Fighting abilities usually lack realism (e.g. cartoony explosions, futuristic weapons, swallowing opponents, etc).
Adult Written byAngela33 April 9, 2008

This is a bad game for kids including my Daughters.

I do not like violent games including the fighting ones. This is a game where people attack other people to teach my 1st Daughter how to fight in real life. She's been hitting on my friend Devin everyday and swearing at him and telling him to kill himself. I had to take this game away until Alex Daughter #1 and Heidi Daughter #2 be good until August.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bypellicanss April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymhula1@aol.com April 9, 2008

Parent of a 12 year old Written bymaryboswell April 9, 2008

Finally a game worth the $

If there were a pre teen rating- I would say this is appropriate for kids 10 and up. My son, who is 12, and his friends love the game and it is one of the few that has kept his attention.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Lots of fun.

This game is all about violence, so it is going to get an iffy rating for me. But it is so much fun, and the violence is mostly cartoonish. It lacks a bit with plot, but it's a fun way to pass the time. I would say 9 and up would have no problem with it, though adults can still have fun with the more difficult challenges. I agree with the reviewer below me, and would also say that this should have been rated E-10+