All member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Fun, cartoonish, multiplayer Wii fighting game.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySkandi July 11, 2011

Fun game. Some parents won't like it.

Obviously violence. There's no blood or gore, but the aim of the game is to use your character's various fighting moves to cause other characters' "damage" (represented by a percentage at the bottom of the screen). The higher the damage, the further the characters will fly back when you hit them. The objective is to get points by hitting characters off the screen. Weapons range from turnips to laser guns. The characters are from various other video games, some of them rated T for reasons other than violence. One character, Snake, is from Metal Gear Solid, a game rated M, and uses modern weapons like hand grenades and missile launchers. A character named Wario farts as an attack. A female character named Zero-Suit Samus wears a tight suit (which covers her entire body except for her head) and has a Barbie-doll body. I would understand why a lot of parents don't like their kids playing this game. It's loads of fun, though, especially its multiplayer mode.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmileyfacelover November 26, 2010

LOVE IT!

This is one of me and my brother's favorite games! I love how you can play with friends via the Wifi connection, and we do that a LOT. It's fun, easy to learn how to play, and it can keep you busy for hours. The violence isn't too bad- I mean it's real cartoony and fun- I mean you can shoot grenades at people, but it's not bloody or anything. I consider it "Tom and Jerry" violence. With grenades... Safety CAN be an issue on only one term: if your kid jumps up screaming at the TV cause one of his friends beat him in a match or he lost to a computer. Yeah, been there done that :)
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010

A Pointer

This is one of my favorite games, simple. But the moment Pikachu picked up a scope gun I understand why it was rated T. Still, there's a onethat were left out in the Common Sense review, in its Aventure Mode (which is an important part of rating the game. In one brief scene Master Hand's knuckles are bleeding (suggesting that he's alive, unlike any of the other character). Add that. Still, Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't that violent.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydavidmal770 December 16, 2009

Should not be rated Teen, my 6 yr old loves it

My 6 year old loves playing this game. The 3 min battles are good when he has 30 minutes to play before bedtime. Makes him feel like he's played a long time after 10 games. The adventure mode is equal parts story and adventure. It has heroes and villians. But nothing too scary. I don't understand why this is rated Teen. There's nothing I would object to in this game. We also own Mario Tennis and Baseball, but he quickly got bored with these arcade-type games. The adventure mode is definitely the best in this game. He can really be involved with the story. This game has got lots of content. He likes going through all the trophies and stickers. Do teens really go through all that content? I'm eagerly trying to find another game that's as much fun as this one. Highly recommend.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

This game has lots of fun edulcation

I really love this game! I have really imagine what it's like and my favorite characters with my Consins. Lot's of new attacks including the final smash. My sister really get in touch of her hands in this game.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!

SSBB has been going on for many years now. I want to tell you how AWESOME this third game is in my opinion. The characters are SOMETIMES awesome and sometimes they suck. For example, Meta knight was banned from tournaments because he has NO FLAWS!! (Sorry Ike) Mario I rate 4/10, Luigi 7/10, Peach 4/10, Bowser 5/10, DK 6/10, small DK 5/10, Yoshi 1/10, Wario 6/10, Link 3/10, Zelda 8/10, Sheik 5/10, Ganondorf 4/10, Toon Link 7/10, Samus 4/10, ZSS 9/10, Pit 5/10, Ice Climbers 7/10, R.O.B. 6/10, Meta Knight 10/10, Kirby 8/10, King DeDeDe 5/10, Olimar 0.5/10, Fox 2/10, Falco 4/10, Wolf 6/10, Captain Falcon 7/10, Pikachu 4/10, Squirtle 9/10, Charizard 8/10, Ivysaur 0.35/10, Lucario 6/10, Jigglypuff 1/10, Marth 7/10, Ike 3/10, Ness 9/10, Lucas 4/10, Mr. Game and Watch 9.75/10, Snake 2.5/10, Sonic 5/10. THAT"S ALL!!! Now the bosses: Petey Piranha is a very pathetically designed boss but he has about the same amount of health as Tabuu. Rayquaza is a pretty challenging boss when you use a heavy weight or weak character. Porky is too youngish to be very high powered and well designed. Galleom is just hard and highly annoying. Ridley is pretty simple once you get use to his somewhat predictable patterns. Duon is very insane to defeat even with a great character he's still quite the challenge. Meta Ridley is much easier than Ridley because he is not as fast or as strong. Master Hand is a joke, but he has some quick and unexpected attacks. Crazy Hand is literally a joking around boss, but he has more dangerous attacks than Master Hand. Tabuu is very nasty to fight in the SSE, in Boss Battles, he is much easier and slower and weaker. Off waves are instant K.O. in both versions. That's my opinion on THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!! Hope you enjoyed!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byrichardlinane September 16, 2012

The design of "Brawl" is alarmingly addictive.

This game is extremely addictive. Some children that will have difficulty stopping game play when they are trying to achive a new character or level. I am writing this as a word of caution to those parents who may have concerns of this nature. We have taken this game from our child as he has on many occations thrown tantrums due to his game playing time ending but not being able to stop playng the game.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen March 31, 2012

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

My older brother, Minh-Vu, my cousins and I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl since when I was 17 years old.
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2011

kirby

great game family so funny u will love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadelineshadowrose November 4, 2011

No sex

There is no sex I do not know where people get that idea.
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2011

The greatest fighting game of all time

I do things on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 means none 10 means lots Violence 4 characters punch, kick, smash, etc but it's all cartoon Sex 0 none Drinking 0 an amazing game i would recommend to anybody.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

AWESOME FAMILY GAME

AWESOME FIGHT GAME.my 8 year old brother loves to play it with my dad and me.its ENDLESS FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.this game can bring back memories too,like one of the courses is the classic donkey kong game setting.its very easy to master,no online interactions (except CPU) so buy it NOW
Parent of a 12 and 16 year old Written byOhioGrown February 14, 2011

Great for all but the youngest of gamers

Amazing! My fam of four has a blast playing this game and when my kids have friends for it they enjoy it as well. I cannot imagine anybody being offended by this game. Only one problem: Samus wears a skin tight, curve-showing suit when she sheds her armor, and some families might not want their kids to see that. The game is a fighting game, but the violenceis totally clean and cartoonish, maybe not for the youngest of gamers. But if you want a great game with all of your favorite nintendo characters, this is the one for you.
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2010

fun for tweens and up

Great game. The violence is not gory or anything, just cartoony. Pretty easy game. HINT: best characters are link, bowser, snake, and R.O.B. DO NOT BE WARIO OR LUIGI! They do not have very good attacks
Parent of a 6 year old Written bylsdbird September 3, 2010

good for 6+

Man Nintendo are on fire as SSB Brawl gets my GOTY 2008 and it is very entertaining.
Adult Written byWarri August 4, 2010

Good for 9+

The game has cartoon violence that is constant non-stoping but not graphic or disturbing
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2010

Best game ever!

Woo! This is one of the best games EVER!!! It's violent, but a ton of fun!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_Boy2010 May 20, 2010

Super Smash Bros Brawl

This game should be rated E10+, there is nothing wrong with cartoons fighting.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2010

Nintendo's masterpeice is definetly the king of fighting games

I really like it. it is my favorite game right now. it is so good because you can use like 30 charachters, who each have like 10 different attacks(ranged and melee), 50 courses plus making your own courses, and a ton of items. there are also different types of brawls, and it is especially fun on multiplayer.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTerminater101 April 13, 2010

Perfect for all ages

One of my favorite games a little violent not gory at all I have 9 year old cousin who plays all the time (and gets beaten all the time.) Really good game for all ages. Overall rating 10/10