All member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Fun, cartoonish, multiplayer Wii fighting game.

Parent Written bywrgtyp November 25, 2011

get over it

tom and jerry is far more violent then this
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Great game

i really don't think this should be rated T, it should probably be rated E. the violence is NOT bad at all. I mean, you wouldn't be wanting your 5 year old playing this, the violence does not affect younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 21, 2011
This is an EXTREMELY good fighting game. I really reccomend it. There is no blood, but tons of cartoon violence. Your goal is to launch the opponents off of the course, and you can launch them easier by beating them up. Violence includes punching, kicking, lazer guns, bombs, grenade launchers, baseball bats, hammers, and tons of other weapons. Sometimes when you launch characters tey slam into the screen. There are tons of modes, characters, rules, items, and stages to keep you entertained. You can also maneuver the camera when paused and take pictures. The only iffy stuff besides the violence is that one character can toot as an attack, and one female character wears very tight clothes. 10/10
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

A Pure Nintendo Classic

This game is non-stop fun. Still playing it as of today, starting from the very first day it was released. The 'T' rating is completely incorrect, cartoon violence with minimal blood falls under more of the E 10+ rating.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010

A Pointer

This is one of my favorite games, simple. But the moment Pikachu picked up a scope gun I understand why it was rated T. Still, there's a onethat were left out in the Common Sense review, in its Aventure Mode (which is an important part of rating the game. In one brief scene Master Hand's knuckles are bleeding (suggesting that he's alive, unlike any of the other character). Add that. Still, Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't that violent.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez April 28, 2010

11 and up.

super smash bros brawl is a fun fighting game worth of buying but parents expect a lot of cartoon violence throughout the game.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrlsimpki October 17, 2009

7 year olds love it!

I have 5 year old and 7 year old boys who love this game. The adventure mode is really fun (according to them.) Gets even more fun as you get further in the game. It is a little violent/aggressive behavior - but it is Super Smash Bros.
Adult Written bytalfonso March 25, 2009

Wii Players Shouldn't Overlook that Game!

This is bar none one of the most wittiest games I've ever played - excellent movesets, playable characters, and more. Although it is rated Teen for cartoon violence and crude humor (such as Wario passing gas to knock out his opponent) it's tops for tweens! My favorite new taunt is Sonic's convincing that the opponent is "too slow!"
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Stupid ESRB!

this game is rated teen for no reason. everybody says its not teen! but i don't no why it is... now i cant buy the game thanks to esrb
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmileyfacelover November 26, 2010

LOVE IT!

This is one of me and my brother's favorite games! I love how you can play with friends via the Wifi connection, and we do that a LOT. It's fun, easy to learn how to play, and it can keep you busy for hours. The violence isn't too bad- I mean it's real cartoony and fun- I mean you can shoot grenades at people, but it's not bloody or anything. I consider it "Tom and Jerry" violence. With grenades... Safety CAN be an issue on only one term: if your kid jumps up screaming at the TV cause one of his friends beat him in a match or he lost to a computer. Yeah, been there done that :)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymaryboswell April 9, 2008

Finally a game worth the $

If there were a pre teen rating- I would say this is appropriate for kids 10 and up. My son, who is 12, and his friends love the game and it is one of the few that has kept his attention.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Lots of fun.

This game is all about violence, so it is going to get an iffy rating for me. But it is so much fun, and the violence is mostly cartoonish. It lacks a bit with plot, but it's a fun way to pass the time. I would say 9 and up would have no problem with it, though adults can still have fun with the more difficult challenges. I agree with the reviewer below me, and would also say that this should have been rated E-10+
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

This game has lots of fun edulcation

I really love this game! I have really imagine what it's like and my favorite characters with my Consins. Lot's of new attacks including the final smash. My sister really get in touch of her hands in this game.
Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2010
This game is Epic! One of my top 3 favorite Wii video games that I own at my house. It's not bloody, just violent, no fat chunk of dealio!
Teen, 13 years old Written byZero65 March 28, 2010

The E10 rating exists for a reason...

Honestly, I have no idea what made this game T rated. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a fighter that, rather than having life bars, has damage counters that increase as the player is hurt. The higher the damage counter, the easier it is to launch your opponent. It's a simple concept, but it's executed flawlessly.The game is easy and simple enough for little kids to understand, but for tweens/teens/adults, the game packs a lot of advanced techniques that can be executed. This game is very multiplayer focused, but single player can be enjoyable as well. I urge you to buy this as quickly as possible, you will not be disappointed.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 15, 2009

fun multiplayer game for kids

it is a great game for kids. it isnt too violent but charachters get beat up alot. there is also bathroom humor wich may make immature kids turn pretty rude. it is easy to play once you know what the controls are but it is pretty hard at first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Frozen Flame November 1, 2009

cool game

This game is fairly fun for younger audiences. I recommend this for ages 8+ because its just cartoony violence.
Adult Written byTemplar314 January 19, 2009

The king of Wii games

The simplicity of the controls makes this game newcomer-friendly, and veteran players will not be disappointed. Super Smash Bros. Brawl takes the superior gameplay of Melee and enhances it with long-awaited (as well as unexpected) characters, fantastic music, and new features to the combat system such as Final Smashes. Parents should not be overly concerned. For a fighting game, Brawl has a very non-objectionable combat system in which the goal is not to kill the opponent, but to force them off of the stage. Fighting abilities usually lack realism (e.g. cartoony explosions, futuristic weapons, swallowing opponents, etc).
Adult Written byAngela33 April 9, 2008

This is a bad game for kids including my Daughters.

I do not like violent games including the fighting ones. This is a game where people attack other people to teach my 1st Daughter how to fight in real life. She's been hitting on my friend Devin everyday and swearing at him and telling him to kill himself. I had to take this game away until Alex Daughter #1 and Heidi Daughter #2 be good until August.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bypellicanss April 9, 2008