All member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Fun, cartoonish, multiplayer Wii fighting game.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJesse W November 9, 2014

Love it!

We need more games like this. The number of floppy bird/call of duty clones are giving video games like this a bad name. When ever I have friends over all we do is play smash, once for four hours non-stop.
Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2014

Very fun game

Super smash bros. brawl is a game with tons of nintendo characters combined. The story mode is a little scary but there is no blood. The controls are a bit hard to get used to. And I used to play this game for hours. Great game for nintendo fans
Kid, 10 years old October 8, 2014

fun intertaining

It is a fun game but it would be a little iffy for under seven. It is also very addicting because you have to do something to unlock most of the charectors. But I think common sense was so stickt because there isn't that much violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJinboyEM September 23, 2014

Good Game, Good Fun.

Super Smash Bros. is a fighting franchise that has evolved to Super Smash Bros Brawl, a game I purchased when I was about 7. This game is a fighting game, but is to cartoony to take seriously, (Italian Plumber vs Laser wielding Fox vs Pink Blob vs Yellow Mouse of Electricity) and has messages of frienship like the Ice Climbers, Diddy and Donkey Kong, and many more. The game is 4 player, so dont worry about taking turns or time limits. My 4 year old brother LOVES this game and goes crazy when mom says, "go play the wii". Although, Snake, is from a more mature game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byreds1999 August 30, 2014

Awesome

SSBB is very good! Addicting gameplay, amazing graphics, and a LARGE amount of characters! I hope SSB4 come out soon.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2014

Great fun for kids and adults with patience and a good sense of sportsmanship.

This is an amazing and entertaining game with Tom and Jerry-like violence that shouldn't raise too many concerns. However, the multiplayer modes may be aggravating if you compete with somebody adept at the game. I recommend this game for people with good sportsmanship.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMasterGamer August 6, 2014

A completely family-friendly game

I love playing this game with my two sisters and my brother. There is no blood, no swearing, and no gore. However, characters can be: shot with an arrow or rocket launcher, punched/kicked repeatedly, and hit with magical flowers. There is an online mode that does not support voice chat. If parents are concerned about Samus, a character who can detach her Iron Man-like suit to reveal a tight suit that covers her entire body, they can just google "Zero Suit Samus move set" and watch a video. Also, the "Crude Humor" on the rating refers to Wario, a character who can use a fart attack. One character, Snake, comes from another company's M-for-Mature game, and uses grenades and bombs to attack. All-in-all, Super Smash Bros Brawl is a kid friendly games with a lot of cartoon violence. If you let your child watch tom and jerry, you can let your child play this game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTimeBomb August 2, 2014

May be too dark/crude for very younger teens.

Rated: ON 14+ IFFY 13- OFF 8- for sequences of fantasy violence, briefly frightening scenes and crude content.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydy0b5 July 30, 2014

The best WII game around!

This game is fine, it contains no blood, gore, sexual thing or bad language! The game is some what violent, but it is very cartoonish. Some kids under the age of 7-8 might not get the concept of the game, you have to hit other players with swords, guns, bombs, or punching them. You have to knock the other player off the arena. The game can be scary, the story line is some-what dark. The enemies look scary and disturbing. You must fight robots, monsters, cyborgs and the "Subspace Army" the common "primids" walk around like zombies and have eerie faces. Bombs go off constantly and many characters get killed, but are later revived. You can play as teams or against others.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 25, 2014

Great Game

Super Smash Bros Brawl is a great game overall, but features cartoon style fighting in a more violent fashion. No one under 10 should play this game, and 10 and 11 year olds should have caution but should be okay for most of them. It could probably be rated E if it were not for the violence.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014

Man, i have not play this in a long time

i have not play since the year 2011 ( before the joplin mo tornado ) i still remember everything about it and enjoy it ALOT
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2014

very good game.

cool game just the best.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

Good Sequel

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a good quality fighting game with a large amount of content to play through. Parents, this game will probably appeal to your kids due to the fact that it features E rated characters such as Mario and Pikachu, so be aware that this game does feature a large amount of violence. The main modes are very cartoonish and over-the-top as your characters fight in order to knock each other out. There is no blood but the game features a variety of weapon types including swords, laser guns, baseball bats, explosives, and many other cartoonish weapons. One character in the game is from the M rated series Metal Gear Solid and although heavily toned down for this T rated game, he does feature realistic looking grenades, land mines, missile launchers, and some other over-the-top realistic weapons. The main point of concern for parents should probably be the story mode which is much more intense than the rest of the game. While characters don't die as they are turned into trophies, story mode features many cutscenes throughout about an evil plot to keep characters permanently stuck as trophies. The levels of story mode are much like the rest of the game but many levels are much darker and less cartoonish than that of the regular game. The cutscenes can be intense as multiple characters attempt to kill each other and destroy each others homelands and many characters throughout are possessed by evil villains. This part of the game is a lot less cartoonish and much more mature and violent than the rest of the game. Overall, this is still a better choice for parents compared to other more violent fighting games that have come out recently and it is alright for 10+ as long as they can handle the more intense story mode (which in the game is completely optional).
Teen, 14 years old Written bySwag Anderson June 20, 2014

An Awesome Nintendo Fighting Game

Ever ask yourself this question? "Who would win in a fight between Mario and Link?" Yeah me either, but Nintendo answered with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, an awesome fighting game where all of Nintendo's greats face off on various stages from the various platforms (like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc). This legendary Wii title has epic gameplay, boss final smashes, and a surprisingly good story. It is, obviously, a fighting game, so it may not be super great for kids under 6, but there's nothing inappropriate in this game (except for maybe Samus' final smash. Her Iron Man-style armor shatters and falls to pieces after releasing an awesome Omega Beam. She is realistically wearing a jump suit under her armor which is, to say the least, tight. It makes sense that she's not wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but Nintendo could've been a bit more modest). Overall, this is a great game and I recommend it to families who have kids approaching the 10-year mark. Peace out and God bless!!! - Swag Anderson
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2014

If you don't have it get it

Super smash bros brawl is a really fun game that I play. I think that every kid that has a Wii should get it. yes the game is $29.99 but you can unlock characters, stages and free trials. Best of all you can play with you friends with the Nintendo WiFi connection. Even though it has violence there’s no blood or sexual activity or swear words in the game. When a character is hit all there is a little flash of light and it will add percentages (at the bottom is a picture of selected people with percentages after them) and the more percentage you have the greater chance of falling off you have. When a character dies he will either fall off the screen, get hit off the screen or fly in the distance and come back on a pod. Kids will play it forever and will always want the next super smash bros when it comes out. I give super smash bros brawl five out of five stars.
Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2014

Not for all ages

Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2014

LEARNING

Awesome game

I think this is one of the best games ever, but it's fighting might be a bit to iffy for younger kids. The game fits better with a E10+ rating.
Kid, 10 years old April 8, 2014

Really?

REALLY PEOPLE! T RATED,11 YEARS!Come on,ratings exagerate!If there were no ratings! This would have not been the ONLY t rated game I would play!But YAY it is the best fighting game ever.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2014

Look before you leap

Great! My mom hates violence but my six-year-old brother can play it with me. It all depends on what parents want their children to be playing. This game really shouldn't have been rated T. It would be more appropriate if it was rated E10+.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2014

WHA.....

okay i really have NO idea how this game got rated T its a game that definitely does NOT deserve a TEEN rating i mean seriously you can barely see any of the violence. okay i will admit that all you do is fight but still the violence is NOT BAD. so its good for ALL ages