All member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Melee

Easy-to-play fighting game is hard to master.

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2010

tips

Alright here are some more tips. First Luigi. On adventure mode end with the third digit as a two. Next Dr. Mario. defeat classic mode with Mario. Pichu's next. defeat event 37#. Mewtwo find a Mew in a pokeball in VS mode. Next Mr.Game&watch defeat classic mode with all characters. And last falco. Defeat 100 man meelee
Kid, 8 years old March 27, 2010

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! and wy is it rated "T"?

I HAVE A GAME CUBE I PLAY THE GAME AND NO BLOOD OR GORE AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! WY IS IT'S RATED "T"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Adult Written byegerfamily June 16, 2009

Long Live Super Smash Brothers!

I love this game. I play it every once and while, but it's definitely worth buying. That doesn't mean anything. The violence is pretty high. Characters can shoot guns, punch, kick, and even hit people with bats, bombs, and numerous other things. It also has a lottery in it, but otherwise I would say it should be changed to E10 or stay the same.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHonestguy777 December 22, 2015

By far the BEST smash bros title

Super Smash Brothers Melee is a fighting game in which you play as popular video game characters from Nintendo(Mario,Link,Etc.) but I would recommend this to kids who are mature enough for fighting games. While there is no blood or gore, there is some action. The violence is very similar to cartoons like Tom and Jerry.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010

not bad

it is terrible! But awesome!
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2008

One of the more modern SSB games.

This is a game that will suck you in until you get boerd. The SSB series includes SSb1 for the Nintendo 64,SSBM (this one) for Game Cube and SSBB for the Wii. The game is baced on Nintendo charactors just going to fight. By fight I mean punches kicks and unreal powers. No blood,gore, just mild fantacy vilonce and cartoon mischif. good game though. For me, this is a E10+ game.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2015

What is wrong with esrb?

T is what this game got for a esrb but honestly why, sure there is violence but no blood or gore just cartoon like rainbow things. this was the first video gamer to play at the age of 2 or maybe even 1 & a half. Seriously easy to learn mechanics so that's why i gave it a 2 +
Teen, 13 years old Written byd1pent11111 February 19, 2015

Should be rated E.

In my opinion, this game should be rated E or E 10+. I played the N64 edition when I was 6 1/2, and started playing this when I was 7 . The only reason I say 6, is because the controls might be hard. It is violent, but it is not graphic, in the act of violence, or the effect of the violence. It is not the best singleplayer mode, but totally makes up for that in multiplayer.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2014

Ignore the Pathectic "T" Rating!

Ignore the "T" Rating (meant to be sutible for ages 13 and up), it's fun, nothing that can bother kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrewdaddy00 August 7, 2013

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Must-Get!

SSBM is an amazing fighter game for the Gamecube. If you plan on getting this for anyone, please follow through and do it. Ever since I had my Gamecube, this game has been my favorite. I don't understand it's T-rating however. Anyway, it's great for any age, easy to play, and fun for absolutely anyone. However, it does take some time to fully master, and in my opinion, it is the sharpest game in the series!
Adult Written bymagreen9 August 17, 2014

Great Game, Has No Real Violence Whatsoever.

What Is Wrong With The Esrb? SERIOUSLY T!! Ok, This Game Is Great. The Only REAL Problem I Would Have Is Link. Now He DOES Have A Sword, Bomb's, And A Fist To Fight With, It Never Show's The Sword Going Through You So It's Fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

All-Star Fighting Game Featuring Nintendo's Best Characters

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a fast paced fighting game featuring Nintendo's greats such as Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and many lesser known characters. Parents, your kids will probably want this game due to characters like Mario and Pikachu being from E rated series your kids like to play. While not as violent as many T rated games, this is still a fighting game which features a number of weapons including swords, laser guns, baseball bats, explosives, and other cartoonish weapons. The game features no blood and the violence looks very cartoonish and not realistic in the slightest. The game is easy to play at first but the difficulty ramps up quickly at higher difficulty levels. Overall, if your kids are alright with some violence, this is a good quality fighting game and less violent than other similar series like Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, or especially Mortal Kombat.
Adult Written bymoviewannabe June 26, 2014

I first played this video game when I was six, the violence didn't effect me badly

This is the very first Super Smash Bros. video game to get a T rating. This video game is amazing. It's easy to master and I've been playing this game since it came out.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen March 31, 2012

Super Smash Bros. Melee

I play Super Smash Bros. when I was younger. I was playing Kirby, he is a main character.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMr. Boxbox April 9, 2008
how on earth can this be T?? this should be e. there is just some really mild and light cartoony violece that even 2 year olds see.
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008
this game was the first game i got for the gamecube and it never gets old its great!
Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

AWESOME GAME FOR ALL AGES!!!

Once again, CSM is overrating everything. How on earth did this get a teen rating? It is one of my all-time FAVORITE games. Challenging and exciting for ALL ages. I give this game 5 stars and encourage parents to buy this game for their kids if they want their money's worth.
Adult Written byvoiceofreason April 9, 2008

The best multiplayer game ever.

I've been playing this game since it came out in 2001, and I am yet to get bored with it. Because of the huge number of people who play it, the gameplay is always changing and evolving. Given the wide array of characters, items, attacks, and stages, someone will always try something you've never seen or thought of before. I've never understood why it was rated Teen; the main focus is on fighting, but the actual fighting is bloodless and involves knocking your opponent off the stage, rather than damaging him until he dies. If you can hold the controller without taking a break to suck your thumb, then you're old enough to play.
Adult Written bymhula1@aol.com April 9, 2008

A fighting game that is extremly popular.

This game has quite a bit of commercialism and fighting but nothing too intense. A lot of kids will be intrested in this highly addictive game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byProgamerAtYT July 23, 2016

Best kid game of all time

This was my first game I played it first when I was five I didn't learn the controls I just naturally knew them so controls are easy and on top of that It's my second favorite game of all time (first being Kirby air ride) the violence is non realistic the closest thing to make it even ages 4+ Would be swords but they shouldn't because they aren't gory second I know many people who played cod when they were 4 I don't think a game like this can compare with the violence of that game... And besides the only reason not to like this game would be if you don't own it. Thanks for reading