All member reviews for Super Smash Bros. Melee

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2010

tips

Alright here are some more tips. First Luigi. On adventure mode end with the third digit as a two. Next Dr. Mario. defeat classic mode with Mario. Pichu's next. defeat event 37#. Mewtwo find a Mew in a pokeball in VS mode. Next Mr.Game&watch defeat classic mode with all characters. And last falco. Defeat 100 man meelee
Kid, 8 years old March 27, 2010

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! and wy is it rated "T"?

I HAVE A GAME CUBE I PLAY THE GAME AND NO BLOOD OR GORE AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! WY IS IT'S RATED "T"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010

not bad

it is terrible! But awesome!
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2008

One of the more modern SSB games.

This is a game that will suck you in until you get boerd. The SSB series includes SSb1 for the Nintendo 64,SSBM (this one) for Game Cube and SSBB for the Wii. The game is baced on Nintendo charactors just going to fight. By fight I mean punches kicks and unreal powers. No blood,gore, just mild fantacy vilonce and cartoon mischif. good game though. For me, this is a E10+ game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byd1pent11111 February 19, 2015

Should be rated E.

In my opinion, this game should be rated E or E 10+. I played the N64 edition when I was 6 1/2, and started playing this when I was 7 . The only reason I say 6, is because the controls might be hard. It is violent, but it is not graphic, in the act of violence, or the effect of the violence. It is not the best singleplayer mode, but totally makes up for that in multiplayer.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2014

Nintendo's meaning of "Hidden Gem"

This game... This game has to be the best GameCube game and one of the best games of all time. The violence for this game though really can encourage kids 6 and under to swing stuff around, Little kids don't deserve Smash, They're annoying, and a gem like this shouldn't be played by annoying kids! They'll break the GameCube with a hammer if they lose. 6 and under suck at video games!
Teen, 16 years old Written by123jeff456 July 18, 2014

A new level

This game will be played for years! Clearly this game is enjoyable for most ages and it is enterntaining for adults too. After you play the game casualy though, it's up to you if you want to take it to another level. Once you do that, the game has a large amount of depth and the people associated with high level are incredible. Undisputedly a remarkable game when it comes to the test of time.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2014

T? More like E10+!

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is an awesome game and the 2nd game in the Super Smash Bros. series. This game was rated T and not E10+ because in 2001, (when SSBM was released,) ESRB had a very strict rating system. So anyways, this game just has some violence, ray guns, light swords, punching, stuff like that. Perfectly fine for 9 year olds if they have supervision. 10 and up don't even need supervision.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2014

7 or 8 Should be Fine

I think this game is definitely fine for 7 and up, depending on how your child is. My sister, for example, I believe began playing this when she was six or seven, and she was fine with it. But if your child most likely wouldn't like to see their familiar characters fighting against each other, you may want to hold off for another year or so.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

All-Star Fighting Game Featuring Nintendo's Best Characters

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a fast paced fighting game featuring Nintendo's greats such as Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and many lesser known characters. Parents, your kids will probably want this game due to characters like Mario and Pikachu being from E rated series your kids like to play. While not as violent as many T rated games, this is still a fighting game which features a number of weapons including swords, laser guns, baseball bats, explosives, and other cartoonish weapons. The game features no blood and the violence looks very cartoonish and not realistic in the slightest. The game is easy to play at first but the difficulty ramps up quickly at higher difficulty levels. Overall, if your kids are alright with some violence, this is a good quality fighting game and less violent than other similar series like Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, or especially Mortal Kombat.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2014

Ignore the Pathectic "T" Rating!

Ignore the "T" Rating (meant to be sutible for ages 13 and up), it's fun, nothing that can bother kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMatt6452 March 4, 2014

Great game, minimal profanity

This game is really amazing, defined my childhood. No language No sexual themes/nudity No blood Only minor violence
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2013

Earns more of an "E10+" rating...

OK, so I hear there's been some hate about the GCN that was discontinued five years ago. Some say it's Nintendo's worst console. I disagree. Well, I don't think it's the BEST console, either...in my opinion, that's definitely the N64. OK, back to the game. Released in 2001 for the GCN, this game can be played using the GCN controller.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWindindi September 30, 2013

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Ok, THIS is the BEST game I ever played, and yes, Super Smash Bros. Melee is very mind chalenging and fun. Go Mewtwo! By why is it rated "T"? For me, it's an E10+ game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrewdaddy00 August 7, 2013

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Must-Get!

SSBM is an amazing fighter game for the Gamecube. If you plan on getting this for anyone, please follow through and do it. Ever since I had my Gamecube, this game has been my favorite. I don't understand it's T-rating however. Anyway, it's great for any age, easy to play, and fun for absolutely anyone. However, it does take some time to fully master, and in my opinion, it is the sharpest game in the series!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySol9000 October 21, 2012

The parent reviews were either made by their kids, or have no clue what their talking about

First off, I gave this game a chance. Time after time, I tried to get into it, but for some STUPID reason, NOPE. Rather then see this as a diamond in the rough I see it as a bland, uninteresting mess that so happens to have Nintendo characters in it! The biggest reason for the boredom is that the content focuses on replayability rather then quantity. This, to me, makes no sense AND bores me to the point where I shut off the console and play a different game. And another thing: what's so special about this game? I see you pointing to it like it's the holy grail, but when I drink from it, I feel the need to spit the water out. I cannot wrap my mind around what makes this game so appealing. I do not see the appeal to this. My advice: Go read my Brawl review instead for my advice. I'm running out of things to write about this
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2012

One of the best games Nintendo can offer

Besides the violence, I really don't understand how this is rated T considering I've been playing it since I was around 2 or 3. This was one of the first games I've ever played and everytime I play it, it drowns me in nostalgia. I recommend this game for everyone!
Teen, 17 years old Written byoldschoolman July 28, 2012

LEARNING

Addicting and never boring

I dont think this is suppost to be T it is Mild and fun. I never get bored when playing this type of game. It rocks
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2012

Amazingly fun fighting game with no blood or gore

super smash bros. melee is a fighting game that features many nintendo characters. of course the goal of the game is to fight and "kill" your opponent, as most would say it. however you don't actually kill anybody. you see, you and your opponents have a HP (hit points) percentage gage, and whenever you attack them their damage percentage goes up, and when it gets at least to a hundred or so, it makes it easier to knock the person out. you basically hit them with a strong attack and they fly off screen and that doesn't "kill" it's just a "knock out" moments later they come back on screen and continue the battle. the only thing i think parents may not like is princess zelda can transform into shiek, there's been some debate on whether shiek is male or female, however there has been some clues in the legend of zelda ocarina of time when princess ruto claims to have been rescued by a young man called shiek. however, shiek wears a tight suit in this game and you can see a pretty well detailed body shape of a male (if you know what i mean). also in some cases if princess peach kicks her legs up very high in an attack, you can pause the game and see her underwear. she's not wearing panties, more like frilly shorts. besides that, there's no gore, and in my own opinion, the game should be more E10+ instead of T. overall it's a very entertaining game and you can go a long time on it without getting bored. if you ever see a used copy in the gamestop or something i suggest you pick up especially if it's under $20, it's very hard to find because it's so popular.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 21, 2012

Dated graphics, but great characters

This game will hold some appeal for people looking for a good fighting game, and the amount of characters is rather satisfying. Also, CSM is wrong about one thing: the attack moves are VERY easy to master, maybe too easy. Unfortunately, by now, the graphics appear outdated, even somewhat cheesy. But this still proves to be a classic fighting game for both young and old.