Kid reviews for Tales from the Borderlands

Tales from the Borderlands Poster Image

Interactive choice making spinoff of the beloved violent shooter.

I really enjoyed TFTB. The characters were very amazing and had well written dialogue and voice acting from the main character Rhys(played by Troy Baker). Violence is present, but unlike other Borderlands games you aren't able to switch off blood & gore or strong language. Violence contains blood and gore that sprays and gushes out of characters. Strong language can sometimes be frequent; a-words, f-word(s), s-words.

Test your Morality, Trust, and Instincts in one of Telltale's best dialogue-driven games

Tales from the borderlands is an addition to the famous sci-fi first person shooter comedy series "Borderlands". Taken place in a Mad Max-like environment, but with a sci-fi twist. (NOTE: You don't even need to have any prior knowledge about Borderlands to play) There are two controllable characters the player will become. Rhys, a company man who works for an organization called Hyperion, and Fiona, a cunning con-artist who just wants to survive the environment around her. Each character has a close companion along with them such as Vaughn, a nerdy Accountant who also works for Hyperion and Rhys' best friend, and Sasha, Fiona's trigger-happy younger sister. Each of the characters you come across are very lovable and some easy to hate. The unique part of this game are the dialogue choices and decisions you make that shape who the characters are as a person. You interact with many characters and CHOICES MATTER! The game gives a message that trust is a key component to getting along and also to know who to trust. Although some brutal violence is displayed and a lot of uses of the s-word and a-word, most of it is used in a comedic matter. The controls are not to hard to learn, just some Quick Time Events. I also love that another message is that YOUR CHOICES MATTER which teens or young adults can learn as they grow up. Not many sexual interactions in this game. There is a lesbian couple you come across in the game , One choice consequence I remember can make your character be taken over by a playboy-like character who slaps someone's butt getting the character punched (This is a CHOICE CONSEQUENCE so not everyone will get this part) You can make your character crush on another character but pretty minor. Also I think the only other one is if you examine a chair, another character would say they had sex on that chair. Overall, The game itself is unique, lovable, and hilarious. On all platforms, the first of five episodes are free right now. It is a game worth finishing. If you want to play it a a family-like time, I recommend talking through with your decisions and justifying why each decision was made. Even if it's not an overhyped shooter, I give it 5 Stars and possibly a Game of the Year nomination.

Awsome

Great game! Over exaggerated by common sense like always

Telltale games will remember this...

Telltale Dark Gritty world Dark choices Dark story Awesome writing BRO BRO BRO BRO!? "We do not talk like that" Rhys Telltale has taken a huge turn from what it was becoming. We still have the great characters, dialogue and occasional difficulty choices but not that difficult, we have tons of hilarious moments. The game doesn't go all out on the 4rth wall but doesn't mind tapping on it from time to time. The game's action is still QTE's yes, but the dialogue has always been the meat. And with the dev's of BL involved I can safely say that I laughed at almost every joke. Even if your choice's don't matter much it's a ride you won't want to miss, and has it's share of epic moments. Your always grinning when playing this game, and the unreliable narration lends to some great Bro moments Bro when the Bro other bro character's but Bro!!$ in on the story [email protected]$#@ leading to @ BRO ! moments... "We don't actually talk like that." Rhys Swearing isn't that common thinking about it, or violence. This game should've been T probably. It's dumb fun, yes, but fun is fun.

Telltale's Done it Again

Tales from the Borderlands is an adventure game based on dialogue, rather than hands-on action. There are a few sequences where you have direct control, but they are brief, and aren't the focus. In Tales from the Borderlands, you assume not one character, but the roles of two different characters as they live their lives in the bleak but humorous world of Pandora. There is some violence, and language, but I can only recall one instance involving the F-word. The "scantly-clad women" aren't that common or noticeable, unless Fiona's minor cleavage is the problem. Mild drinking, and a few sexual jokes, but nothing graphic or obscene. Hardly worse than a PG-13 movie, and feels more like a movie than a game due to Telltale's algorithm. Fans of Telltale will find a game they enjoy, and newcomers should find joy in the great humor, and likable characters.

One of my top 5 games!

Great storyline, amazing characters, smooth gameplay, humorous jokes and Troy Baker's voice! It could not possibly be any better! I love it! I played this more than 3 times and I'm still not bored of it. A MUST PLAY game! Trust me, you won't regret buying this masterpiece! UPDATE AFTER FINISHING ALL 5 EPISODES Still 10/10! My #3 fave game after TLOU and Uncharted. THIS WAS PERFECT but... WARNING - Will die of withdrawal symptoms after finished with this game, so, BE WARNED. *Do keep in mind that it may not be appropriate for under-13-year-olds, as each child is different. Summary of Review: BUY IT NOW - IT IS A MASTERPIECE; AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE