All member reviews for Terraria

Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2013

ITS SO DARN AWESOME!!!

Epic Minecraft-inspired game really shouldn't be rated Teen. It is easy to learn how to play, and quite fun. You can build a house, recruit NPCs, slay monsters, mine for precious ores, craft, and much more. EPIC! MUST BUY THIS GAME!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperSaiyan April 22, 2013

Don't judge by Xbox Port.

Though it may seem it is riding on the wave of Minecraft fame, this is not entirely true. It's completely a new game in itself. As minecraft is mostly about building, Terarria is more focused on adventuring, fighting monsters and collecting all kinds of items and weapons. There are all kind of environments with different kinds of blocks, creatures and items to explore. The combat is fun and simple, and there are many bosses to test your skill. As for the controls, the Xbox 360 edition did not work out well, as the controls were clunky and frustrating, but you really should play the PC version, which controlled smoothly and effortlessly. Overall one of the most imaginative and fun games I have played in a long time.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2013

Best game EVAR!

This game is just awesome! It's like Minecraft but has over 10x the items!
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2013

Terraria

My friend has this game, and his 8 year old brother has been playing it since he was six. It is not that bad. It can get a bit creepy, but nothing a 7 year old cannot deal with. Generally a PG in my book. It has online modes, and for that reason i would say that be careful because anything can happen online.
Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2013

Awesome, creative game with lots of creativity and action.

Gee, I don't even know where to start!. I bought this game 5 months ago from steam during a sale and it has quickly grown on me!.Terraria is like if Super Mario bros. and Minecraft had a kid and decided to throw in hundreds of items!.Parents should note that there is a minimal amount of violence and that there is no way to turn it off. Also that this game contains monster summoning rituals 1 of which involves a living sacrifice. there are eight boss monsters, some of which might be scary for younger players. But all that aside, Terraria is an awesome sandbox style retro-graphic platformer game that has a lot of potential for learning, fun, creation and community Other parent concerns: Violence is mild and blocky. Game contains no sexual content or profanity. Player concerns: Is a little bit slow to learn but once you get the hang of it, you can have a lot of fun!. Occasionally events involving increased number of monsters happen (Blood moon, goblin invasion) Very high amount of player customization On an ending note I think this game is great for kids 8 and older who are tired of the new gory first person shooters that are constantly coming out.
Kid, 8 years old October 19, 2013

Terraria

It has tons of blood,when you kill things its really gory,i have it and thats how i know.Its fine for kids though.you dont even kill humans,you kill TONS of different monsters and animals though.
Kid, 11 years old October 11, 2013

Best. Game. Ever.

Yes, this game may have blood and gore, but so little I didn't even notice it until my third month of playing. Like Minecraft, this game does not have any chat filter for swear words in multiplayer servers, so I would be careful about that. But it does give the user a good opportunity to be creative. Compared to Minecraft, the building/creativity of Terraria isn't as good. However, the amount of items Terraria has is enormous compared to Minecraft- over 1,600 with the recent 1.2 update. There is also a mobile iOS, Android, and more coming soon and console PS3 and Xbox 360 version. Also, in Terraria, the user can be more creative in how they survive, as the user can only go 1 of 3 paths- melee swords, flails, spears, boomerangs, ranged guns, bows or magic magical spells, staffs, ect. Because of this, it makes a very good cooperative experience with friends or family. Me, my brother, and my friend are an example- I am magic, my brother is ranged, and my friend is melee. Also, the game may be a bit boring at first- don't let that fool you. The boring mining, caving, and digging all pays in a rewarding way. With the 1.2 update, there are over 200 mobs, including monsters, NPC people you can buy and sell items with and use to perform tasks, and 12 bosses. The console version, when it has been updated to 1.2, will have 13 bosses. Overall, Terraria makes for a very fun and interesting experience, and I would suggest it. Note that if you want to get Terraria, you need a Steam account.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2015

Terraria: A 2D cross between Minecraft and The Legend Of Zelda

Terraria is a game much like Minecraft with a bit of the famous medieval action-adventure game franchise known as The Legend Of Zelda. It has many cool items (Ice rod, Grappling hook, Water Walking Boots, etc.), Enemies (Zombies, Skeletons, Goblins, Slimes, weird flying cyclops bug things called "Eater of Souls," weird bird people in space called "Harpies," etc.), Bosses (Skeletron Prime, Eater Of Worlds, Eye and Brain of Cthulhu, Wall of Flesh, etc.), and so forth. It is very fun to play and exploring your worlds are really fun! My sister is currently 6 years old (As of 2014) and it is one of her favorite games to play with me! =D
Kid, 9 years old January 30, 2015

BEST GAME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

Great game, just plain ol' great 2d minecraft based game with tons of different computer-controlled characters you get to buy from using in game coins you earn by slaying beasts, monsters, and bosses. But, to get computer controlled people you have to build and entire room with no holes in it as you can in minectraft, and it has to have a light source and 2 chairs and a table. The game is realistic when you are building.
Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2015

Terraria Review

Terraria is a great action adventure game often compared to minecraft. Players can dig, build, explore, and fight bosses. Other than the few hidden innuendos in the dialog, that will fly by most kids heads, it's a perfectly fine and entertaining game that will keep you busy for hours on end. Another thing to note is that players can also find certain ores and gems underground, to give your child a head start in gemology, if they are in to that sort of thing.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015

LEARNING
extremely fun and creative.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpaciousName December 22, 2014

LEARNING

I haven't actually played this game but it looks violent

I haven't actually played this game but it seems more violent in minecraft and it has way more weapons and guns in it. My star rating and learning rating don't matter but it's more violent than minecraft, I know that much.
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2014

Very Good

I think this is a very good game. BTW I am a kid (I selected kid but it changed to adult) The only things that aren't appropriate is the Wall of Flesh summon and some monsters could be scary for young kids. WoF particularly. Some stuff is just silly though.
Kid, 10 years old December 13, 2014

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!

Terraria is a Fun game. You get to fight lots of monsters. There is small squares of blood sometimes. Also The eye of cthulhu and the twins have some blood on them because they are floating eyes. You can also drink ale. I give it 10/10
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2014

Terraria is EPIC

I think Terraria is quite a good game for playing having fun on multiplayer and building. You should buy it because you can use your imagination and play online!
Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2014

Awesome game!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byheavyweaponsguy August 28, 2014

it has some gore

the game is great but is has mild gore and some dialogue is suggestev and some bosses may scare young kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byLoker July 18, 2014

Dig, Fight, Build - Terraria

Terraria is a fun 2D game where you create your own character and explore your world. You can craft items to help you survive, battle, or build. The game is centered on defeating several tough bosses, ranging from somewhat spooky such as the giant mechanical skull, Skeletron Prime, or just silly, like the incredibly large shark/fish Duke Fishron. In order to prepare to fight these bosses, the player must find materials to craft their own gear. They'll go from makeshift wooden armor to the fabled Hallowed Armor, earning and finding weapons on the way. The game has violence in it which most of the time cannot be avoided. Finding some materials and sometimes just surviving means defending yourself against monsters small and large, ranging from floating eyeballs to surprisingly dangerous unicorns. When killed, enemies can splat pixelated blood that isn't very realistic. Most children and almost all teens can handle this. While not supposed to be a learning game, it does have some learning aspects, such as logical thinking. If I want to craft this sword, what items are most likely to make it? Besides that, it's not too inappropriate. The only other thing inappropriate in the game is that the player can craft a keg and brew their own ale and get an effect on their character called "tipsy." Besides this, I'd say it's good for anyone 8 and up.
Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2014

LEARNING

The best game on Earth!!!

It's 2D minecraft world like game but better than minecraft.
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2014

Good game

Parents need to know that Terraria is a fun game and is worth buying. Although it contains some blood, it is appropriate for kids age 10+.