All member reviews for The Beatles: Rock Band

Amazing band simulator features the biggest group. Ever.

Learning(i)

Parent of a 10 year old Written byBlueJade October 16, 2009

Fun for the whole family!

The Beatles Rock Band is the first guitar/rock game that our whole family is able to truly enjoy. While previous Rock Band/Guitar Hero games have a few tunes all of us know, this is the first one that we know most of the songs, especially the lyrics. Give it a try! It's very fun to have kids singing Beatles songs, like "All You Need is Love," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," and "Yellow Submarine." These are great sing-along songs. The entire package is superbly done, again better than previous type games. We listened to an interview with one of the creators who explained that all four Beatles families were very involved in the game's creation, and it shows. Lots of photos. Great montages. Good details about the Beatles. For some kids, it could be a good way to discuss the history of the times. Kids we've played with it are fascinated how the Beatles' music, lyrics and looks changed. Some of the tunes, including early ones, are not the easiest to play on drums or guitar. This may take some kids practice (or maybe they will just have to watch their parents practice.) That's different than previous type games which had only easy songs first. This game puts up songs by the date they were released. Even tho Ringo is often considered just an okay drummer, you'll be surprised how challenging the drum parts are. The game doesn't take too long to complete. But there are going to be more songs released and higher scores release more information and songs. The game is a little pricey, but fun. You can have up to three people singing leads on microphones, even more singing harmony, then the 2 guitars and drums. Now that's a lot of people getting together!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bychrrr October 11, 2009

perfect for 10+

ok
Kid, 12 years old October 11, 2009

A Great Wholesome Family Video Game! All Ages Admitted!

Get it for Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, or PS3.
Teen, 13 years old Written byd1pent11111 February 19, 2015

LEARNING

This is one of the best games I ever played!

This game may be rated T, but in my opinion, it should be rated E10+. This game enables you to play all of your Beatles favorites. All of them, including Yellow Submarine, Can't Buy Me Love, Twist and Shout, Octopus' Garden, Birthday, and Revolution. The only problem I have had with it, is that when you try to play it, it will load for literally five minutes. Either that, or I did something wrong.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byzmanrox February 10, 2013

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjhyhuutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrfutdtgygyugyuguygyuguygy drwserfgfgyuhrwwsdrfghdfqfgvbvjhgtgfv

nothing to say about it
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 29, 2012

LEARNING

The Beatles are the best!!!

I'm glad there's a such game as The Beatles: Rock Band. I think kids of all ages should enjoy. The game looks more E-rated than T-rated. Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr are the best musicians ever and they deserve themselves a videogame. Plus, I think kids can learn the history of The Beatles in this game.
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 18, 2012

The Beatles Rock Band

Masterful!
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2012

THE BEATLES ARE APPROREATE!

love it! nothing is wrong with this game im a huge the beatles fan and nothing about them is inapropreate
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrBigMac February 6, 2012

Great game, drug references to brief and subtle to be picked up by kids...

This is a great game for kids, teens, and adults. Though some songs have some minor drug references, little kids would not likely be able to pick them up. Although you may have to watch out for I Am the Walrus. This game has some of the greatest songs of all time on it, and it probably has more appropriate songs on it than any of the other rock bands. Plus, many songs contain positive messages and are great kids' songs such as Here Comes the Sun, Octopus's Garden, Yellow Submarine, All You Need is Love, and so much more. Great game for families!
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2011

AWESOME

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 25, 2011

A great Rock Band spinoff!

My rating: E10+: mild lyrics; alcohol reference
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

PERFECT

The A+ is telling you how the beatles have a lot of history behind them, the speech bubble is showing that the beatles are very inspirational, they do show the brand name on the instruments, and the rage about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds being short for LSD is A false alarm. John Lennon's son Julien?/Julius? drew a picture. John looked at it and saw a girl in the sky. he then asked him who the girl was and johns son replied "that is Lucy in the sky with diamonds". They also mention drugs a little bit, but it takes some figuring out to realize. Other than that, it is a great family game
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2011

very great game

This game is so good! Buy it on what ever game systems you have it on [Except hand holds.] also I got intetested in the beatels
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

A Great Music Game

This game has some of the best songs out there. There are a few iffy songs, like Come Together, Get Back, and With A Little Help From My Friends. Some songs also have positive messages, like Here Comes the Sun. Octopus's Garden is a childish song for kids. You can learn many facts about this legendary band. This is the greatest Rockband ever made. This band is also the best band out there.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 20, 2011

Parents finally have an opportunity to show how great the Beatle's music was

Growing up as a fan of the Beatles, I like the fact that this game has given my kids an appreciation for their music. We can enjoy most of the lyrics, while it also gives us an opportunity to talk about some of the later trippy songs that are obviously drug induced.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byWeeklybob March 23, 2011

JUST FORGET ABOUT THE LYRICS, PEOPLE! THERE'S NO CUSSING, IS THERE?????? JUST ENJOY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR KIDS AREN'T GOING TO GET ANY BAD IDEAS IN THEIR TINY, BRAINWASHED HEADS FROM PLAYING THIS GAME!
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2011

A great game to bring the family together.

I really love this game!! It's a game that the whole family can play. Though there is some inappropriate language in I am the walrus, day tripper, ect. Most songs should be appropriate for children.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 23, 2010

The game as a whole is Iffy 10+. The "clean songs" are On 5+. The "Dirty Songs" are On 14+. Most songs are fine, but a few arent

First off, I LOVE The Beatles. But I don't like all of their songs. The songs that I enjoy playing on here would be ON for 2+, but some songs, namely "I Am the Walrus, Day Tripper, Get Back, etc." contain lyrics that are not child-appropriate. Such include lyrics about overtly sexual themes (one-night stands, transsexuality, etc.). These songs are totally avoidable, which is something I do, and you should take the time to do by researching the songs your kids want to play. Or, you can just use my squeaky-clean list here: ----A Hard Day’s Night All You Need Is Love And Your Bird Can Sing Back in the USSR* Birthday Boys Can’t Buy Me Love Dear Prudence Do You Want to Know a Secret Drive My Car* Eight Days A Week Hello Goodbye Helter Skelter (This is a heavy-metal song, but no bad lyrics) Here Comes the Sun Her Majesty* Hey Bulldog* I Feel Fine I Me Mine In My Life I Saw Her Standing There I Wanna Be Your Man I Want to Hold Your Hand If I Needed Someone I’m Looking Through You Octopus’ Garden Paperback Writer Revolution Something Taxman Twist and Shout While My Guitar Gently Weeps* ----These songs are totally clean. Some may interpret a few as bad, but in my opinion, they are totally clean. I've starred the ones that you may want to look into to make sure you'd like your kid listening to. I'm pretty strict when it comes to music, but you may be stricter. LOL. But yeah, if it's not listed here, It's a definite NO in my opinion. ----In short, this game is an amazing tribute to the Fab Four. There are downloadable songs available. Make sure you read the lyrics to them before you download them (Especially Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper). I've played this game so much that I have made my little brother strongly dislike The Beatles and Rock Band. hahahahah I'll re-convert him eventually. It's also great because you can only play as The Bealtes. No skanky women (which I hate about Rock Band and Guitar Hero), just 4 men singing their hearts out. Oh, and you can't pick who you play as. You can only pick the instrument. BUY IT! IT"S AWESOME!
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2010

Beatles Rock Band

Good
Adult Written byRIPsquishy August 10, 2010

unless your kids are super aware of innuendo & drug slang, then this is NO problem to play at any age. who doesn't love the Beatles! great great family fun :)