All member reviews for The Daring Game for Girls

Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

JUST GAME

i would love too play!!!
Adult Written byMiki00 May 12, 2014

LEARNING

The Very Definition of Shovelware

Ok, so... I work in the game industry... and I'm female... and this has to be the most condescending and sexist piece of garbage I have ever seen. There is making games for kids, and then there is making utter garbage, and this is just complete garbage. First off, if you have to differentiate between "boys" games and "girls" games, I have news for you; your method of thinking is so outdated that your brain is probably collecting dust. Sure, there are some good facts in the game, but your kid is better served just reading a textbook and learning these facts because the game is basically that, a freaking textbook. It is just as engaging, and your kid will find it just as boring... as a freaking textbook... the antithesis of "game". A good "educational" and "empowering" game both serves to entertain as well as inform. A good educational game doesn't spoonfeed facts, it provides example. It serves to teach tangentally. A good educational game IS. NOT. THIS. GAME. There is a reason why "girls" products are nearly universally reviled, and it is because garbage like this exists. This game is not "empowering". It is just fluff wrapped in random facts, gift-wrapped by clueless old men who rushed a product out the door in the hopes of making a quick buck. Do. Not. Buy. This. Garbage.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2010

Parent of a 10 year old Written byjanellec122 December 25, 2010

Educational yes, but hard like trivial pursuit. One of the questions asked about George Orwell's book 1984, honestly what 8 year old (or ten year old for that matter) knows about that book? She guessed on most of the questions. Also my daughter has gotten frustrated and passed the remote on to me several times in working on a very difficult puzzle (I tried unsucessfully). If it is geared towards preteens, it should reflect their knowledge or teach them not quiz them on obscure facts.
Kid, 9 years old April 24, 2010

I should say WOW perfect for kids older than 9+

I love it!Erin will love to play on this!!
Kid, 9 years old April 18, 2010

Probably great!

Never played it but I absolutly (bad spelling) love the book! It's probably a great game!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycherry4 April 9, 2010