All member reviews for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

A must-play RPG for mature fantasy fanatics.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDragonRise1 March 21, 2011

Should be teen

I've researched the reason it's M, and supposedly it's gore. I only see zombies with no heads or arms. I have not seen anything graphic in the game.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymozez March 17, 2011

perfect for anyone who loves midevil stuff

i love this game i started playing when i was 12 years old and it relieve my stress anytime anywhere. i love the fantasy and the magic of this game its too bad that i dont have those benefits in real life. this game is freaking awesome i recommend to anyone even the little ones
Teen, 17 years old Written byalecmp84210 March 7, 2011

Perfect for the creative and imaginative, no imagination? no buy

If you can make up situations buy this game, but if your going in for just what the game comes with then dont get it
Parent of a 13 year old Written byresponsible_adult March 1, 2011

Perfect for 13 and up

Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick February 26, 2011

stunning game

fantastic game filled with spectacular sights, monsters and landscapes. true, it is violent but blood is rarely seen and the occasional "d**n" and "h**l" are present as well, but the overall quality of the game, easy gameplay and wonderfull sights make this one of the best games ever on console and pc
Teen, 14 years old Written byGGAMMERR February 11, 2011

Fine for Teens, not for Tweens.

This game is a great game that i just love, but i think it is inapropriate for kids younger than 13 because it has a lot of action in it and blood, but for kids older than 13, i think it will be fine.
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2011

Great game, 11+ because you can turn blood off.

I think Oblivion is an awesome game. My parents let me play it because you can turn the blood off. I have played it since I was 10 and it is one of the best games I have ever played. The best bit is the complete freedom to go anywhere and do anything you like. You don't even have to do the main quest if you don't want to! There are also mods which add content to the game. [PARENT WARNING: Some mods contain innapropriate content and you should check before letting your child download a mod] I personally don't believe in God but some people may find some of the language inappropriate if you do believe in God.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byiwanttehmonkeys January 19, 2011

i personally think this is a great game and yes there is a corpse hanging from the ceilng in one level that is rather gruesome but overall it isnt that violent as long as your over 14 as for sex. there really isnt anything for parents to worry about except for innuendo in conversations. there is blood and alcohol but the fantasy setting of it i think aims for age groups anywhere in the teenage years
Teen, 13 years old Written bySara2573 January 17, 2011

Okay for certain ages...

I played this when I was little. And I remember going into a "Nightmare Room" It scared me with the music playing too. It isn't scary anymore (of course) and it's fun to play but it promotes the idea of stealing a little bit. You can pick locks and steal then guards will chase you. There is also pickpocketing. Finally, the buttons can be confusing!! :D
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2011

Perfect for tweens and up.

I love it, one of the best role-playing game experiences out there today. Occasionally there will be scary looking creatures that you won't be able to sleep at night, but once you get used to the experience of all these scary beasts, you won't think they are scary anymore, more annoying than scary.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2010

Best game ever

my all time favorite game play it when ever my brother is off the x box a tiny bit disturbing sometimes when you go to certain places there is a chance of seeing a head on a steak near caves or in oblivion gates but might scare some violence is not like call of duty but when charecters do get hit blood come out and you can go around town murdering innocents and guards. the player can strip down to under pants but noting more. about as violent as morrowind (elder scrolls 3) very fun game i allready preorderd skyrim (elder scrolls 5). frequent drinking
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

the best

best game iv ever had its so much fun and you can do wahtever you want in it get it and it has little blood but you can be striped to underwar
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2010

amazing game

this game is great! you have freedom of where you go who you meet what you do. there is amazing graphics and an almost endless landscape. PLAY IT
Parent of a 13 year old Written byD_Sides December 10, 2010

Love the game! Good for tweens

My kids are not aloud to play M games but this is my exception. In my opinion this game should be rated T. There is hardly any gore or blood and it is very non-visibal. My kid has a facination in midevil times now. I even play this game sometimes with my kid and I am not much of a gamer. I like the fact that for the most part you are killing monsters and goblins. Overall this is a great game! And as for language it is very minor. Finally a game with a good story line and is not about shooting everything in sight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBenny95346 December 1, 2010

Sophisticated, Fun and Realistic

Wow. I have so much to say about this game. It is so diversified, I can't begin to tell you about everything that rocks about this game! Each person has relaives, an individual voice, schedules, and they even run the shops. You can do lots of stuff in Oblivion, and follow the twisting storyline. The graphics are amazing, and everything in the game is as realistic as real life! The controls are easy and there are several communities that give mods to tweak the game so it is harder, more realistic or just goofy. The game is no problem to security as it is offline. The game is easier to play on the PC because you have access to the console, but beware! Sometimes you might do something and the storyline will never advance or you will be stuck in an object. To conclude, I would totally recommend this to any hardcore gamers out there!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDark_Violets November 28, 2010

The Real Reason Oblivion;Elder Scrolls 4 Is Rated M

Oblivion;Elder Scroll 4 is an amazing game, and should not be limited to 16-18. Now, the reason Oblvion is rated M is but not because of the orginal game-play, but because of a "mod" (modified gameplay) that someone designed where you character can be naked. To get this mod, however, you have to go online and download it, and modify the games code, something maybe 1 out of 30 kids can do. Honestly, it's a great game, and everyone should give it a go.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTermiteruler November 22, 2010

Nothing Short of Epic

I'm just going to say epic. Though Oblivion may be a a few years old, I believe it still outshines the newer RPGs out there, like Force Unleashed. I just realized that in essence, Fallout 3 is a ripoff of this beauty. The graphics are stunning and the physics are extraordinarily lifelike. There is a whole world open to you, and you can do pretty much anything within the confines of the game. There are hundreds of quests and dozens of factions. Weapons can be enchanted, spells can be made; there is no limit to what you can do. There are days of the week, and hours of the day. People perform actions all of the time, depending on the day and time. For example, you can see people go to a store to run it in the morning, and then leave, lock up, and go home. You can see NPCs stealing from each other and view guards defending the city gates. The storyline is stunning, and the voices are amazing. Of the probably thousand characters, each sounds quite unique. Every bit of conversation has a voice with it, which is a pity if you're like me and simply read it to get into the game. You can wield bows, swords, maces, and staffs to destroy your mythical enemies. Content-wise, the violence is pretty mild considering you're using swords, and there are a few sexual references far and few between. I say that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a must-have for anyone. To give you an idea of what you can do, I have put 52 hours into one account and I'm not even close to getting to do everything. oblivion is truly worth the money.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhitokiri3 October 21, 2010

Amazing game, any additional questions, there's an entire wiki devoted to it

Best game I have ever played. Most of the story lines are entertaining and there are alot of things to do, the game world is HUGE. Only the Dark Brotherhood story (assassins) and the Daedric quests (cults;think flawed greek gods) have negative vibes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygaming4people October 17, 2010

DO NOT be confused by the rating M!

First off let me explain my positive message bad message. You will have the ability to choose a dark storyline that involves assassinations, thieving and abusing drugs. You can also choose a good storyline where u can be a holy knight on a crusade and save everyone. When you drink, u feel the bad effects of it. When you kill someone people will treat you different. there are down sides to killing, drinking ect. as if in real life. This game has a very deep story line and will keep me entertained for the next year! the only gore i have seen is blood on your sword and very small amount on the ground. for the most part you will fight monsters such as goblins.