All parent member reviews for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim v

Not for kids under age of 18
Parent of a 18 year old Written bydaddy60000 August 19, 2013

THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM FOR AGES 9 AND UP

this game has low violence,blood and no sexual themes its a great sand box game for ages nine and up
Parent of a 18 year old Written byILOVEBUBLEZ August 19, 2013

its an ok!!

this game has very little blood,violence,sexual content this game is for a mature nine year old that has played the inFAMOUS games or the uncharted series ITS A BLAST OF FUN!!!!
Parent Written byXeeoos August 2, 2013

Keep an eye on your kids

Skyrim is a very well made game, having played it first before giving it to my kids. While there isn't too much extremely graphic violence at times your character can decapitate enemies in the game. One quest requiring you to do so with I alternative. If you plan to get the PC version keep an eye out for mods, as these can be extremely sexual or graphic, check before they download one. You can get alcohol in the game although it only boosts your stats, but a quest does get you drunk enough to faint.
Parent Written byMax Schneiter June 5, 2013

Best game ever made, but not for kids

Easily the greatest game I have ever played, however it has a few problems that really make it inappropriate for younger players. The biggest problem in the game isn't so much the violence itself as it is the themes in which some of the violence occurs. For example, there are missions that involve killing innocent people for no understandable purpose and other missions that involve graphic torture and even things like human sacrifice and cannibalism. These horror-themed missions are pretty commonplace and they are hard to avoid unless you know what to look for ahead of time. In addition there are some graphic scenes of violence, such as the occasional beheading that occurs, which are also unavoidable. However, overall the violence is pretty mild when compared to most other mature-rated games. There is really no overtly sexual content, profanity is rare and drug/alcohol-use is moderate. All-in-all, I think kids twelve and under can safely watch their parent play this game or even play it themselves with a parent watching. Most teenagers should be able to handle the content in this game without supervision.
Parent Written bysmit_k75 March 28, 2013

Praise for Skyrim

I’m a fan of the game and I completely understand why it won Spike’s Game of the Year award and IGN’s Xbox 360 and PC Game of the Year Awards (2011). It’s a game that I never say “no” to at home for two reasons: 1. I really enjoy listening to it playing in the background (gorgeous musical score), and 2. Whatever parts of the brain it requires to play, it puts my son in a good mental place (as opposed to other games that seem to light his frontal lobe ablaze!). VERDICT: RECOMMEND FOR SOME KIDS 12 YEARS PLUS republished from MOMmentaryonGames (my Wordpress blog)
Parent Written bymom631 February 14, 2013

good for 12 and up

This game has some decisions that your child can make that can be bad, but if you make them promise to make good decisions, the only thing that makes it a game for older kids is the blood/violence
Adult Written byamylea December 9, 2012

Age

Teenagers 15/16+ are fine to play this.
Parent Written bymom515515 November 28, 2012

A change in mind

I would have never let my thirteen year-old play a M game until I decided to do some research on this game. My son wanted this game for christmas, in my mind it was a no but he asked me to atleast look into it so I did. After extensive research I found out that this game is not so bad...the violence is against thiefs and bandits, when I saw it had nudity it was a turn off until I looked into it...the nudity is when you "loot" clothes from a women she looks as if she is wearing a bikini. Over all this is an ok game for 13 year olds.
Parent Written byChristian Mom R July 14, 2012

**Please Read**

Well I play some games with my sun before I let him go off and play it alone. This is one of the first games he got that I kinda enjoyed. Other parents may sometimes do what I do and look at the back and say "No" but ESPB (whatever it's call) sometimes get strict. There is not much Sexual activity. There is a bit of cleavage not bad though. You can also get married in the game. Your wife doesn't really play a role though. All she does is follow you around and make you food and give you money now and then. Also the game is violent which is about the only reason it is "M". The alcoholism and beer can be compared to a different game like "Sims" they only is it in certain areas like bars and taverns, not people walking around selling beer to random kids. Lets get back to the violence. The worst thing I have seen is stabbing a dragon in the neck. Surprising the same amount of blood as assassinating someone in halo (Halo is a good game that has an extreme LACK of blood).In my opinion a 12 and above would be okay for the game. If you allow them to play games like Sims (Sims probably have more sexual content then this game) Gears Of War (A really bloody game) or DeadSpace your kid should be mature enough to handle the game. Thanks for reading.
Parent Written by 56 YEARS OLD MOVIES July 11, 2012

Cool

Its very good a lot of violence but not bad, their is a drug called skooma in the game its very addictive. there are mods that allow you to take peoples clothing and you can see full frontal and rear nudity but that is only a mod