All parent member reviews for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Adult Written bysusan l. October 25, 2016

One of the best games ever.

Skyrim is open world mid-evil fun. You can explore the continent known as Solesime, to Nord heaven. It has a whole world full of creatures, orcs, dragons, Nord's, And even Silt striders. Almost endless possibilities. Different classes. You can even choose your race. You can kill the dragon Alduin. Or be his dark servant. Parents keep in mind, It is very violent though. you can be beheaded or watch other people be beheaded. This game has blood and gore in it. I'm gonna have to go with CSM with the violence and gore. D-nm and h-ll are used a lot. You can also be a thief witch means you can murder who ever you desire. I suggest parents check if your child is mature enough before playing. Any way there is some drinking, bar's and beer are available. when you take off all your clothes you are seen with only under wear. But you can be a great roll model though
Parent Written byJonas B. October 8, 2016

Kids

Look into your heart if they get scared of spiders dont let them play
Adult Written byLol K. August 4, 2016

Lol

I is a rar r I is says babies cans ploy thaz
Adult Written byMrCheezyPotato July 17, 2016

Massive game that can be different every time you play: Age 12-13+

Simply put, This is an extremly well made game. The people who must set the ratings for games must always be cautious since there are some pretty overprotective parents and very squeamish games out there, so there could be alot of hate if the game was rated T and it had only one thing worthy of an M rating in it. Violence: The game is full of it, although it is not like Call Of Duty and other similar game where the only goal is to kill. There is much much more to the game than that. I recently made a new profile for the game with a challenge to kill as few "Humans" as possible. By that i mean humanoid since most characters are not human(im pretty sure the Humans are the Nords or the Imperials). My point is that you are not required to kill people. The only things i think you NEED to kill to advance are the occasional Dragon attacks on towns, but that is much different than killing people. Yes, there are bountys that you can find out about where you must search for a bandit outpost and kill the leader, but im not sure if you NEED to kill all the other guards around him too. Obviously it is very helpfull to do that since haveing 2 or more bandits attacking you with 7 foot long battle hammers can get your health donw pretty quick if you dont do anything about it. Violence(Continued): The game is much different than many other games where its possible for most everyone you meet to die and be gone from your game forever, although some characters are invincible since the are so important to the main story. It is possible to have an emotional attatchment to some characters, so seeing them die from a bandit or seeing their body after an intense battle with a dragon canbe sad. Of course, when i say "emotional attatchment" to a character i dont mean anything close to something in real life. Its about as emotiona as a game like thia can be, which technically isnt too much compred to many many other things. Violence(Continued again): Torture are gore....well...not much of that is in this. There are times where is has shown a person being beat and there is a small amount of gore compared to the average PG-13 movie. Ussualy the only time you will see ANYTHING gorey is if your searching for it like a weirdo, and there is also one quest that i have done so far that is the investigation of a serial killer in Windhelm where there is a body that has been slashed up and there is a lityle blood trail you must follow, but it isnt HD blood or anything. Its basically just some dark red patches scattered here ad there that lead somewhere. Then near the end of the quest where you find the killer's hideout, he does have a few journals that you can take an read. Im just warning everyone who hasnt done it it that the journals are kinda messed and im not actually sure how much some other people would be ok with it....the name of the mission is called "Blood On the Ice" in the city Windhelm in case you may be wondering. Its not actually THAT bad, but i know some people are alot more sensitive than others, especially with the amazing way the game just sucks you into it where you really feel like your part of the story Sex: There are very few parts where this has to do with anything. There are times where it implies about something like this, but i so far have not seen anything that outright talks about sex. There is more sexual content in a PG-13 movie. "Blood On The Ice" does actually have some references to this. It does not really say anything outright, but it give implications of it. The body that you must investigate is a young woman who is only in her undergarments, and in the story there was 2 other murders too, both of which were young women who were stripped to undergarments then slashed up. Then theres the occasional reference to "sleeping with" and some NPC do flirt, although so far i have seen there is actually no way to talk to the NPC about it. Yes, there is marriage, but i have not done anything with that yet and i probably never will since a wife that always follows me around will slow me down and ruin my tatics from when i sneak into dungeons and kill eveeything in it before they even know im there(I hope im not offending any women here, im only insulting the AI for the NPC and some gameplay mechanics) Tip: You should max out your Sneaking upgrades as well as your One-Handed since then you wll oneshot literally ANYONE that you want to kill if you can secretly sneak up behind them and do a sneak attack with a Dagger since it multiplies the damage 15 times.(Note: One-Handed skill mean the skill of useing a one-handed weapon. High One-Handed skill will mean you do alot of damage with weapons you can use one hand to use) Drugs: There is this one thing called Skooma, which is the drugs of the Elder Scrolls universe i guess. I am currently level 40 as of July 17 2016 and i have not even SEEN any of it. The only real time i even heard a NPC prisoner say something about it was when i got sent to jail by mistake in city thats in the far South-West corner of the map(I think it is called Markarth, exactly sure though) Ease to play: At first the controls are kinda weird since most games have the jump button as "A" where it is easy to reach and instead it is "Y"(I play xbox 360),but once i got used to it i realized that the botton setuo was actually much much better for what you do in the game. I pretty much only use jumping for when i ge stuck in a little glitched out hole or to glitch-climb up mountains and rocks to escape Trolls, Bears, Sabre Cats, Giants, Mammoths, and other tough enemies. And also to get a better angle to sneak attack someone with my bow. Moving around is the standard controls other games use for xbox, and i assume PC has the WASD format as well. Other: I suppose someone could make the argument that kids learn how to work with money and save it to get a bigger reward instead of blowing it on cheap crappy stuff, but in real life you dont go around shooting Lightning out of you hands like The Emperor then grabbing gold from the bodies of undead dungeon guards, or shouting so loudly that everything in front of you falls down so you can come in with a massive hammer to crush everyone. Note: Id like you people who didnt consider this before to maybe rethink some thoughts you had on "Adult" reveiws. Many of them look like 12 year olds wrote them. Pay attention to grammar and capitalizaion, because iv noticed in the years that have been doing many things online that most adults will ussually write in complete sentences while younger people will not even bother with periods or spelling and will use internet slang and will have run-on sentences cuz they dont care at all and all that stuff and they will give opinions wity you reasonings to back it up and really no punctuation at all which is really really really really really reLly really annoying also may write way too many duplicate words like "so" or "really" which is so so so so so annoying now i realie this is not always the case some kids may have great grammar and adults have crappy grammar bc they has come from another contry. Note: Im not actually 18+, but i felt my reveiw would be seen more by the people who actually determin weather their kid can play this or not since thy probabky dont look at the kids' reveiws much, which kinda sucks. Knowing how kids and/or teens think will really help you understand way about how to react to something relating to them.
Parent Written byFrostbite May 29, 2016

less bad stuff then GTA and Fallout and Farcry

there is a bit of swearing good for 10+ i got my son when he was 10 but very hard it about 120 hours not including DlCs downloadable content
Adult Written byorangeblood03 January 24, 2016
Adult Written byMark21 January 17, 2016

Probably my favorite game of all time

No guns just swords, hammers, battleaxes, magic spells, etc. The world is massive and there is no gore in this game. There is some blood spilled when you stab something in slow motion but it only really lasts a second and then vanishes. No sex, swearing, drugs, etc.
Parent of a 10 and 16 year old Written byDhdudgdh January 6, 2016

Great!!

Ok there is only moderate violence no drinking and no sexy stuff what do people think this is gta 4!!???
Adult Written bysethdelizz November 27, 2015

Overall one of the best games ever

This game is one of the most immersive experiences in video games to date. If you're wondering if it's worth it not for your kid, or if it's appropriate or not, hopefully I can help you. So let's start with a big one, sex, to be honest it's really minimal in the game. Maybe the occasional reference but your kid will most likely not understand it or will be mature enough to handle it, and in terms of cleavage showing or of anything inappropriate you can see, it's really nothing worse than what most young women wear at the beach. Now for the violence, I'm not gonna lie, this is a violent game. However the violence is not realistic nor is it designed to be, much of the violence is against fantastical creatures that aren't real, or its against people. If it's against people you can see some gruesome deaths but it's not very realistic, however you will see a few decapitations but there isn't an over doing of it. Now for the non sexual themes, one of the reasons I rated this game five stars is because it addresses themes ranging for morality to diplomacy to the difference between right and wrong in different situations. But younger kids probably won't be able to understand the significance of their choices and what the game is really trying to say. The games best educational feature is in its money management, which gives kids an understanding of buying and selling in a capitalist market. The game also has an elaborate leveling system that really makes you have to plan out where to spend perk points to get benefits to not only combat but also alchemy, smithing, lock picking, and many others. This game also increases a child's vocabulary, I know I had no idea that a mage was a wizard before I played this game, while these words will likely be unhelpful in an adult life, so are many of the vocabulary words you learn in high school. Overall I think this game isn't inappropriate for children but a young child likely won't be able to experience some of the best aspects of the game as those themes will go over their head, but 14 and up should have an easy understanding of the themes and should be able to use it to it's full advantage.
Adult Written byGamer375 November 16, 2015
Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byThe true one November 11, 2015

Surprisingly Mild

I have twins that love this game! It's not actually very violent, and I have seen them play through the whole thing. To my surprise, they've actually learned a lot about Nordic mythology in a wonderful way. Their history teacher was impressed and they've had a great time. Over all, one of the best games ever.
Parent Written byBob Deckland October 12, 2015

This is a very good game

My 11 year old son absolutely loves this game, he's always asking me to play with him, It is a bit gory, but not to much, you can decapitate characters also. There is not much "Sexual" content, no nudity or sex scenes, but there are prostitutes, but you cannot hire them.
Parent Written byHahaclintondix123 June 27, 2015

Skyrim=Fun

This game is extremely gorey bloody and violent it has very intense violence. Profanity is very mild. Sex is not that bad some rape and some hookers you can not use the hookers. Sex in this game with mods is terrible you can have naked sex. You can get drunk and you can go to bars.
Parent Written byoscarm June 12, 2015
Adult Written byLucasi3 May 24, 2015

Great

This game has clearly unrealistic blood and the very occasional beheading. The only content close to anything sexual is getting married. There are very little drugs, only a fake one called Skooma. The worst language in the game is probably bas***ds. Other than that, possibly the greatest game I have ever played.
Adult Written byStephen Murphy April 18, 2015

extremly good.

Very good open-world RPG. This site says it is not for kids. THat is completely absurd, it is very OK for Children. No sex, not bad violence, no drugs. You can however kill SOME people.
Adult Written bygojira fan March 17, 2015

Know your child

Skyrim is a game with so many ways to play . That is why you should know what they can do. Players can choose to help people and be very kind or they can make it very dark and kill any innocent they see.Violence is very strong, players can decapitate or pull off a brutal finishing move on an enemy. Lots of blood and gore is shown to. In one mission you can torture enemies using deadly tools and it is very disturbing. The dungeons can be very scary to , meeting up to a pg 13 level horror film. One quest has sexual content but it is hard to find. There is no language but characters can take drugs and drink alchhal
Parent Written byJamesD 1 February 15, 2015

Skyrim

Skyrim shows a simulation of what would happen say you murder you will be imprisoned, fined and experience points will be taken away. Most of the time you will only be killing people who have murdered children other people and stolen from cities and raped other people. However you can join an assassins league so I would encourage to stay away from that league.
Parent of a 10, 13, and 17 year old Written bythewhiteraven December 26, 2014

The best game your kid will ever play!

If you are a parent that doesn't let your kid/'s play any MA games this game should be an exception! I consider my self a slightly over protective parent and when my son asked me if he could get it I said no. After a while he asked again and I said no. Then he said could we rent it and see how it goes? At that point I realized that he REALLY wanted that game. So I said yes. When we got it my son put it in and at the beginning someones head got chopped off! so then I watched a bit more and realized that that is quite rare. over all I think that it is a great game and should let a mature ten year old play it!
Adult Written bywolf652 August 21, 2014

For kids 10+

If you have a child 10 or older and they are mature enough they could play this game. But I'd recommend checking out Oblivion first and if its ok let them play Oblivion instead. This game has lots of violence and some blood. But the most important thing to consider about Skyrim is the be-heading. This also has drinking and 'Skomma'. A type of drug like steroids. It has a few swear words but no F-Bombs. Just minor words nothing too bad. But seriously consider setting them down with oblivion first and maybe a year later they can play Skyrim?