All parent member reviews for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Parent Written byChristian Mom R July 14, 2012

**Please Read**

Well I play some games with my sun before I let him go off and play it alone. This is one of the first games he got that I kinda enjoyed. Other parents may sometimes do what I do and look at the back and say "No" but ESPB (whatever it's call) sometimes get strict. There is not much Sexual activity. There is a bit of cleavage not bad though. You can also get married in the game. Your wife doesn't really play a role though. All she does is follow you around and make you food and give you money now and then. Also the game is violent which is about the only reason it is "M". The alcoholism and beer can be compared to a different game like "Sims" they only is it in certain areas like bars and taverns, not people walking around selling beer to random kids. Lets get back to the violence. The worst thing I have seen is stabbing a dragon in the neck. Surprising the same amount of blood as assassinating someone in halo (Halo is a good game that has an extreme LACK of blood).In my opinion a 12 and above would be okay for the game. If you allow them to play games like Sims (Sims probably have more sexual content then this game) Gears Of War (A really bloody game) or DeadSpace your kid should be mature enough to handle the game. Thanks for reading.
Parent Written by 56 YEARS OLD MOVIES July 11, 2012

Cool

Its very good a lot of violence but not bad, their is a drug called skooma in the game its very addictive. there are mods that allow you to take peoples clothing and you can see full frontal and rear nudity but that is only a mod
Parent Written byChristianDaddy1234 June 15, 2012

Skyrim: Is it for you?

It is an EPIC Rpg! I am a Christian, and have played the game looking at everything in God's perspective. It has some flaws here and there. The violence is common and yes a bit of blood spews out of your opponents body when you hit them. There is alcohol and drugs in the game, but it is a minor flaw. Yes there is wine in the game, but it has more negative effects then positive. There is also a drug called Skooma, which boosts your stamina. The language in the game is very tame. It is there, but is isn't that bad. There are punishments if you murder people, or steal. If you are a good guy though, you spend your time helping people, and being rewarded. You can be an assassain or a theif, but that is optional. The worst thing in my oppinion is the decapitation, but you only see it 2 or 3 times in the game. Skyrim is a great game with an awesome story line, and endless possibilities!
Parent Written bychevy602 June 6, 2012

Skyrim

Oh come on everyone. This game is not bad at all. The worst thing would be the violence, The blood, very limited, it's not like COD where blood fly's everywhere. The sexual content and drinking? A joke. Only in dialogue will you maybe hear a reference. No nudity or anything. The drinking is just medieval meed it's not encouraging you kids to be a Homer Simpson. I was a little iffy about getting my 13 year old son it. ( I despised M games) but he showed me it. and I thought "Well lets see how it goes." It was fine. I almost felt stupid. Now I'm wanting to play it! This is a fine game. Don't worry. Trust me on this one.
Adult Written byWatch out May 12, 2012

13 and up

It is very violent such as decapitation. Some mild language. Also, you can collect alcohol.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byMicheleCJRM May 8, 2012

READ IF YOU ARE NOT SURE/ DONT WANT YOUR KID TO PLAY IT

IF PARENTS HAVE READ A REVIEW ABOUT THIS GAME READ THIS: I have read a review and thought that my 12 year old son would never play the game, BUT he played it at his friends house and old me all about it. He told me that in the game you can talk to anybody, and the chances of your person taling to the 1 guy out of the million other people is like the chances of winning the lottery. EVEN if you do, you can leave in the middle of the conversation and delete the quest. He loves the fact that its a free roam game, and you can do anything. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER GAMES, YOU CAN CHANGE THE CHARACTER TO THIRD PERSON. Third person style is the best way to play the game, my son says. So for me, I think he would be able to play the game, and let your kid tell you about the game, and I didnt believe 1 bit of what he was saying until he showed me more about it. :)
Parent Written byonefatalgoose April 29, 2012

Are we not adults here?

So...this game is rated mature correct? And...we use these ratings to keep underage children from buying these games, correct? Now...i just want to clearly understand this. We have a site here that lets parents label the content of a video game as either acceptable for children or not. There seems to be a disconnect here. Because if you wouldn't let your kid see a rated R movie, why are you considering letting them play a mature rated game. The esrb has already given the game a rating, and if you are still paranoid about what content your kids are being subjected to...why? It's labeled on the game. Alcohol use, drug use, sexual themes, language, violence, etc. So what more do you need? "Well, how much sex is there? Because if it's just a little it's ok. Same goes for violence, if there's more than one beheading, my child will not be playing this game." Is this far-fetched? Not based on what i've been reading. Parents, take responsibility and use common sense. If it's rated mature, and you believe your child is not mature enough, don't buy it for them or allow them to play it. If they play it at their friends house, well, there's nothing you 'should' do about it, because you've made it clear what your moral values are and your kids will respect you for that. They won't however respect your butting into their social lives and being a snoop. I suppose if they are pre-teen this can become a bigger issue, and i understand that. But anything past teen, and they are going to be subjected to it one way or another. Take responsibility and talk to your child about alcohol use, drug use, violence, sex, and explain to them your views on the matter. They may not agree with you, but at least you are making an effort to explain why you are being paranoid. They will respect that. That is my rant on game rating discussion sites, and as a parent, i believe it's well grounded
Adult Written byHalo reach fan February 19, 2012

Skyrim!!!!!

violence=9/10 Drinking=7/10 educational=4/10 This game has a lot of executions and your character drinks and smokes a lot.
Adult Written byWriteThenGame February 15, 2012

Common Sense has ridiculed parents again

Skyrim really isn't bad. I really like to play RPG's. There is educational value in the game because it teaches kids how to control themselves and make rational decisions. At one point in the game, a scraggly, shady, weird guy walked up to me and started to explain that this drug and I thought "This really can't be good." And I realized that if I could make a decision not to take drugs in a video game, then I could in real life too. Also, if your player does take drugs, he/she acts all weird after and makes it hard to play...therefore it does in real life too, thus making your child NOT want to take drugs.
Adult Written byhitokiri3 February 11, 2012

The official review is extremely biased.

I'm really shocked at the official review of Skyrim especially the sexual part. I have never encountered anything like what they are describing in the game. The game is vast and interesting but the violence and some of the content is mature. Some of the themes are a bit complex for younger children.
Adult Written byGo Moms January 15, 2012

Amazing game totally appropriate for kids 10+

Skyrim is an amazing RPG I defintetly reccomend it for children at least 10 and up. as a parent i might allow some leeway if my child was a mature child under 10.