All member reviews for The Godfather: The Game

Gory game may satisfy movie's fans -- adults only.

Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2011

for mature people.

Great game but EXTREMLY violent.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom July 11, 2010

The godfather, Is obviously violent much like the films.

The godfather is indeed an amazing game. But its almost disturbing. You start with a man getting bombarded by a load of mobsters with Thompsons. Blood spraying all over the place and you can see him actually suffering as he is getting shot. You are able to choke people. You decapitate a horse, Not shown on camera though. You shoot random people and police. Lots of torture. You put a horses head on a mans bed and it looks very realistic. The sexual content is being in a brothel with half naked women which isn't too bad. The language is extreme. Swearing is frequently heard by The don and the rival families. Its an amazing game. Just so so mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written byda rater July 18, 2009

da rater

It is a great game but there is lots of blood,shooting, and explosions. They could have worked better on the graphics too
Parent of a 4, 8, 11, 12, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byTreythetired April 8, 2011

Perfect for adults and older teens, iffy for kids.

As a parent, I have owned this game for more than 4 years. I strongly recommend this game. It is a fine work of art. For mature audiences, the bank robberies, store robberies, missions, compound takeovers, police chases, bombings and story is EXCELLENT! DEFINITELY get this game. For children though, it's still great, but here are my concerns. As far as sexual, women are COMPLETELY covered. Off topic, but they're kind of sexy. The only sexual marks include "Oooooohhhh.... Your a bad boy. I like bad boys." and some others. Other sexual actions include pressing each others bodies together, spanking, and some close sexual scenes. The only sexual scene that didn't happen, but was suppose to, is when Frankie is about to have sex with you, but then a mission begins. Cursing is strong, and almost 24/7. Death threats are common. But for anyone older, this is a must-have!
Adult Written byDawgas April 9, 2008

This game is good.

Go play it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWiiMan April 9, 2008

o my god this game is bloody

i really liked this game it is a great experience, althought it is easy to see this is just a rip off the grand theft auto series but it still was good. If your a fan of thr godfather movies you will like the game for your XBOX.
Adult Written byJimmyDad4 April 9, 2008

Not as bad as made to sound

Parents always throw a fit about the "sexual theme" rating piece of the esrb rating. But its really not that bad in this game, I only saw one part that was deserving of that title, when you have to get information from a prostitute.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymuaz mahmood October 17, 2014

Muaz age rating review for Pakistan

This is the first game of EA games which I hated the most.Our player kills innocent people which creates a scene of violence and gore.This game is similiar to it's movie.I will rate this game people for 17 years old and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

OK for kids 14+

This is an awesome game. I had this game since 2007.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 11, 2012

this looks pretty awesome

i loved the movie so there's a good chance I'll love the game
Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 27, 2012

If it was a movie, i would rate it TV-14.

Iffy for 14+
Adult Written byTrue Review February 24, 2012

It's Overrated

Okay, they say violence is too much. The blood is so fake, once you kill someone they lay in a circle of red until they disappear. Second of all they say s*x is an issue but it is not. There are h***ers but you can only talk to them and they are clothed almost entirely. The swearing is not that bad for a mature 9 year old and any 11 year old and up. This game is fine if your kid knows not to do these things in real life.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymichaelc July 24, 2011

Ok for Kids 12 and over.

I personally would alow a child to play this game (if they were mature enough) at age 12. However I would not allow any child to see it until they had first viewed the Godfather film. The Violence in this game is quite constant and consistant with the nature of the game - it is in many ways though quite un-realistic, most of it is not a problem. Language throughout the game is vulgur I would not allow a child to use the bad language in the game, but as long as they know not to use the language it is fine for Kids 12 and older.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2010

For teens

love it love the concept of real life and doing things thatyou could never do without getting shot or killed
Teen, 13 years old Written byswantar66 May 15, 2010
its a good game but the second one is way better
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2010

awsome

i thin that it is very good. it is very helpful for teaching kids about what happened yaers ago. and it shows the importance of famliy
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2009

Really fun game

This game is really fun and I honestly don't think it is all that bad. They say that all these games are really innapropriate but most of this stuff is what happens in real life. I can play this and every other game but not GTA. My parents won't let me play because of the strip halls in the game. I wouldn't even look at that. Any advice to convince them?
Teen, 14 years old Written byTomrock101 August 1, 2009

You lot forgot.

Horses head? Cutting the head off a horse? At the start using tommy guns to dismantle a man? Its nuts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDylan103 April 18, 2009

i live with my mom

people hate me. i have a playstation2.
Adult Written byvader123 March 27, 2009

great game very long

this is a great game its very long. The violence in this game is not as bad as it sounds there is no torture and i watched my 3 kids play it there is blood and a lot of f words you can kill cops and innocent people but its amazing i have 3 kids age 8 12 16 they all play it its different than grand theft auto there is almost no sex in this game