Game falls short of both the film and the book.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMaryRiddle October 5, 2013

You've got it all wrong...

Kay, so I bought this game when I like 10 back in 2008. Omg, this was (well, still is) one of the worst games ever created in the history of video games. I'm not even kidding, I know that there are really sucky games out there, but out of the best ones this one is like, top bottom (yes, top, because it has pretty high quality graphic design - PSP3, I don't know what you utilized). The game neither wholly matches the books nor the movie and in the beginning, once you continue the game you'll be really confused about the bear.. Technically there is violence because, well a lot of things are shattered and Iorek (the bear) kills a lot of the enemies they have to face and yes, she is deceitful, but hey, if she hadn't been she wouldn't have been able to survive. The mini games are quite vexing, some are hard and well, some are actually pretty enjoyable. But all in all, my point is that you just shouldn't buy it, but in a way it is beautiful. I hate this game with a passion. Yet, it is admirable. This game taught me so much that I will never forget (and it teaches a lot of vocabulary (y)) and it teaches about being humanitarian, compassionate, passionate/love, and to not give up and to be brave, etc. One of the reasons that I have played this game more than three times, is because of that. It's a frustrating game and so hard to win, but it's worth it. It's kind of like life; you just want to quit, but you have to keep moving forward even when the most difficult tasks are presented and it seems like impossible to reach your goal. I think her confidence is also admirable and not only her self-confidence, but as well as the faith she has in others, but how she's not completely blind either. If there is a reason to buy this game, besides the story-line, it's because of the principles and wisdom that it offers. The first symbol that she learns in the alethiometer is the Apple which symbolizes Knowledge. This game will grant you this, if you are insightful enough as to acquire it and appreciate its value.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDina2140 April 14, 2012

Adventure will do no harm

it is a great,adventurous movie. It will do fun if your child likes adventure.

I lost six brain cells playing this!

This is the Worst game ever!

Ugh........ not another bad game

The Golden Compass Game could be summarized in two words: Very Bad The Books were amazing and the film.... erm ...... it was okay... ..... .... ..., but the videogame was a waste of money!
Parent of a 10, 16, and 18+ year old Written bylillf2 April 9, 2008

If you liked the book and movie you'll like the game

I rented this game for my ten year old son before we saw the movie. Having seen the movie the game now makes more sense. I myself find the graphics leave something to be desired but my son LOVES the game. It does show clips of the movie between "scenes", which surprised me because I did not know the Wii was capable of that type of graphic. I find the choice of only to playable characters limiting but the addition of Lyra's Daemon in several forms almost makes up for it. Players need to understand each Daemon's abilities and choose which form to take in order to advance in some areas, which might prove frustrating to younger children or those unfamiliar with the book/movie. All in all it is a fun game.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Great Game. Fun to Play.

There's really nothing to be concerned about with this one. Anyone over 10 can handle the mild violence that entails hitting people with swords, fists, ect. and having them explode in dust. No language or sex. Great fun.

BEWARE

this is a tereble book, game, movie its teaching kids to be athiest dont have anything to do with golden compass
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Bronze Boudlers April 9, 2008
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

In reply to walnutman4...

IT DOES NOT TEACH KIDS TO BE ATHEISTS! IT IS A GREAT BOOK TRILOGY! but the game isn't that good.