All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 11, 2012

The Best Game of All Time Has Returned

When The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was first released in America on November 23,1998 it was all the rage. Ocarina of Time inspired many 3-Dimensional games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime (and many other FPS games), and many other games. Over 5 million copies have been sold and now, it's back. The remasterty is full of everything the old game had. You still ride on horseback across the fictional plains of Hyrule, play the same music as you first did and even go on the same adventure, but in 3D! This is exactly what a remastered version of a game should provides.The game is very educational. There are countless puzzles from something as simple as sneaking past palace guards using logic to something as complex as navigating invisible platforms and scaling water flows. The game relays the message to fight for what you love and to be responsible for your actions. It also relays that what you do in the past effects what you do in the future. Link is a good role-model because he always is resposible for his actions and will fix them when they are possible to fix. He fights for good and never for evil. He also only uses his varity of weapons to vanquish foes and never his friends. This game has a ton of violence. Don't think that the game will be great for your 6-year-old kid because it's the highest rated game of all time. It might scare them. Especially the "Shadow Temple". This is where the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) finds the rating for "Animated Blood". The Temple is chock-full of guillotines, skeletons, cryptic boats, tourture devices and stuff that looks like it came out of an Edgar Allan Poe poem. Link also uses bombs, arrows, swords, and even a boomerang to fight through 11 dungeons and 58 areas in all. Some foes weild weapons like giant hammers, knives and spears throughout the game. Axes, guillotines and swinging knives are seen in the game also. There is a little bit of sexy stuff in the game too. One of the first things that you see are a guy and a girl swinging each other round and round in circles at Castle Town. There is also a flirty character in the game too. She talks about "vow's" and marrige type stuff. She flirts with Link in childhood.... and adulthood too. Also, the "Great Fairy" is seen wearing ivy leaves that show off her um... full figure. Another part of this fairy is that she is seen in alluring poses. Overall, the game is a remastery of the best game of all time so therefore, it is the best game of all time. Content: 12+. Fun and enjoyment: 10/10! don't ever pass the game up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshallconsume May 3, 2012

Frightening Characters

Although I agree that Ocarina is a great game, but there are some scenes involving characters that might be somewhat frightening to gamers age 7 and below. One example is the dungeon "Bottom of The Well" which involves the player encountering characters, specifically the ReDead and the DeadHand which I think many Zelda players agree are quite frightening for younger gamers. If you want to know specifically what I'm talking about, look up "ReDead scream" or "ReDead moan" or even "ReDead attack".
Teen, 15 years old Written bymida22 July 31, 2011

really fun

i started playing the original n64 version a few days ago, and its really fun! buy it, and if you don't have a 3ds theres a thing called project 64 and you can get it in your computer! just sayin'! BYE ;)
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2011

super game

super every one can play even first time zelda fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybioniclecomeback56 April 25, 2012

amazing

great game, I played the origanal on 64
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2012

A Decent Game

Decent game,though I play the gamecube version,and I don't have a 3DS.Still fun.More ZELDA TENNIS,A fun mini-dungeon or two,and two metal gear zeldas(first is mini-metal).
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2012

BUY THIS GAME!

this is such an addicting game that your kids will love. it has a lot of educational value and puzzle solving. Link is a great character who is nice to everybody although he does use violence at a minimum value with no blood. i give this 5 out of five stars
Teen, 15 years old Written byJamesfire406 November 19, 2011

Awesome Game, not for the faint of hearted

I never got a chance to play this much when I was a kid. Yes, I knew people that played it, and I liked watching them play, but did I like it? Not really. But now I'm older, and with the remakes like the Game Cube Legend of Zelda collectors edition and now this, I've been able to truly have fun playing this game. A few things to be warned about; Although the game is about good versus evil and good prevailing, the world you see as a child has many dramatic twists once you turn into an adult. The sky is black, Hyrule Castle Town no longer has an humans and is instead infested with zombies that try to jump on you and eat you. And then there is the shadow temple, which I don't remember liking at ALL as a kid watching it being beaten by my older friends. In fact, i was playing with a kid recently who had played it all his life, like me, and at certain parts of different temples, he handed the controller to me and his his face because he knew the "wall crawlers" were going to drop down soon. However, if your kid is brave enough to face this, by all means get this game. It is one of the best, and should be enjoyed by many generations.
Kid, 11 years old September 17, 2011

Amazing!

As a long time Zelda fan, I loved this game! I never got a chance to play the original and I had heard good things about it. I reccomend it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMASSICLIKPERCYJ... July 20, 2011

WHAT??? Read the review, there's no title ( i never understood that dumb "title" idea anyways. why does a review need a title, and why are you still wasting your time reading this?)

okay let me tell you the story of how i found out about the best thing EVAH PPL. Well, my reviews are usually kind of insane but i'll make this one LESS CRAZY (i'm not promising anything, specially for you saria and link shippers!) so please read it!!! You know, if you're a true zelda fan you'd know that when they released that they had a link poster at gamestop, i was like who the heck is that and my bff (her commonsense username is like coolhalfblood girl or sumethin' anti saria and link) said it was link and she forced me to buy the game. THANK HYRULE. ITS SO AMAZING. If you don't like zelda, there is seriously something bad GOING ON IN YOUR TINY peanut brain. This is even better than harry potter, no offence but someday, somehow, someone was going to say this because it's simply the truth. I don't want people to make a zelda movie because it's gonna suck and the hylians are gonna be ugly. The zoras will look pathetic (and the gorons, kokiris, etc.) I was jus' lookin' thru UTUBE lately and why are people so obsessed with us kids playing the 3ds vers. SO MUCH BETTER AND KOOL AND AWSUM! It's like your in hyrule ( i wanna go there this summer, i mean, winter). Now let's move on to the stuff the game has. You probably already have the idea of how awesome and better than any other wannabe game series this zelda is, but if you don't, i repeat. WARNING. IT'S TOO AWSUM AND THE MUSIC IS MORE EPIC THAN PERCY JACKSON. Type in "ancient hero" on youtube (just do it non zelda fan idiots!!!!) and you'll want to be the next link or something. And zelda's lullaby is better than like, any classical music in the world and is better than crap like miley circus, justin beaver, cody imps on, and hannah barfana, all put together (man, i just wish link could beat the crud out of them). I would be the happiest hylian in hyrule...i mean happiest human on earth :<. Now, moving on to the game because i already told u how amazingly, awesomely, epically, justin bieber butt kicking this game is. No sexy stuff. Except I HAVE a message for all you saria and link supporters: DUMB! Lol, calm down, i'm just kidding, bur obvs u have no idea what ur talking about cuz saria is a kid. ZELDA AND LINK ARE NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT (I REPEAT A HUNDRED TIMES), NOT RELATED!!! Link is not in love with midna or saria... deal with it. KKK.... calm down i know that made some people mad, but why waste your time being mad??? Be outgoing and speak the truth like me people!!! More about how awesome this game is: It kicks percy jackson's and harry potter's butt in its sleep with its hands tied together....LOL. I was just kidding, my lil sis (ARYLL! I need to play some wind waker after i'm done writing this review...phew. I still have a long time to go...I plan on writing a few more things, like about the theories and such anti things). OK, that was too long so i'll go back to what i was saying. My lil sis forced me to write that thing about PJO and HP. I kind of agree...NO OFFENCE! i mean....*whispers* when will there be annabeth's lullaby...LOL *goes back to normal*. People have theories about this zelda thing. The stupidest one i read was that link and malon had TP link. HA! That could be true...But i mean, its kind of funny to think about it...Cause my theory is, ***SPOILER ALERT!!*** Link and Tetra are spirit track's Link's parents. I mean, link doesn't even know zelda yet in da beginnin' and he doesn't have hero clothes and he lives in NEW HYRULE and a pic of tetra is at zelda's castl. You probably know that i think link and zelda make a better couple than link and saria, but i don't have anything against "salinkers". You actually have a pretty creative mind, i guess. Creepy thing is, the healing song backwards is a slow-mo version of saria's song!!!! i hope people agree with me. Oh, crud. A redead is behind me and i have to fight it....*types extra fast* Well i gotta go cuz i promised to play WW and the redead!!! Argh!!! Bye!!! Now my signature, dear fans: Barbie girl sucks. Zelda kicks butt!PEACE OUT LOVERS!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition July 10, 2011

Finally I'm able to enjoy this epic adventure.

A few notes before I delve into this review: 1. I haven't played a version of OoT until this point. 2. I just beat Dodongo's cavern (meaning, I'm not all that far into the game yet) 3. I have seen walkthoughs of the game before, and I know what it contains, I haven't done anything with it head-on, though. Ok, review time! First of all, let me say the 3DS is indeed amazing, and this is the first blockbuster title to come out for it. One of the things I hate about being born in the late 90's was that I never got to truly experiance the "golden-age" of entertainment. Ocarina of Time being part of that. Once I got my hands on this game, I was estatic. Finally, I'd be able to embark on the epic adventure I'd missed as a younger child. The graphics are very much improved over the N64 version, but there are still some block-y textures. But, for an update after nearly 13 years, I'm not complaining. The story and gameplay are also similar to the original (the difference between this and the N64 version is that Master Quest, a mirrored and more challenging version of the game, appears after beating the game). Ocarina of Time is a classic game that deserves to be played for many generations to come. I hope that any kid out there who hasn't played this game yet will give it a try, and be amazed at what Nintendo can still produce. I give this game a 9.5/10, simply because it is not perfect. Controls work well (though the motion controls for me were a bit fidgety, but that's because I have slightly unsteady hands), graphics are nice, gameplay is at a perfect level of exploration. It's just not perfect.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEbanski July 9, 2011

Makes the world a much better place

Awesome game. It is even better in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byChronoTrigger July 3, 2011

It's ok!

I've been playing this since 3rd grade (I had it on Zelda: Collector's Edition on Gamecube, then got it a little while later on Nintendo 64). It's pretty good, but if you keep beating the game and playing it over and over again, it gets boring. Fine for kids- just the typical save the princess and the world kind of storyline. I've not played the 3DS version yet, but I suppose the graphics are far better, which adds more to the gameplay environment, because the graphics were pretty bad on the original. The original was intended to look like this minus the 3D, but because the Nintendo 64 Disc Drive was a failure, the game had to be ported to cartridges, which lowered the quality significantly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byducus10000 April 22, 2015

Awesome

Meet Link who is a hero and only kills monsters. Sometimes a bit of blood comes out of him when he is hit. Some monsters could give little kids nightmares. Dead Hand, ReDead, and more. There is some blood in the last fight as well with the enemy puking out blood. Some characters have almost no clothes and the zoras are naked. Otherwise, the sexual, violent, and scary game is very fun. It is a challenge and is great for people who never tried it before. This game is awesome, but is inappropriate for a younger audience.
Teen, 15 years old Written byknifeandfork April 15, 2015

Contains mild violence

One of the best games of all time, obviously. It contains about as much violence as Majora's Mask as it has the same style, but without the freakier theme. The most violent part is when Link thrusts his sword into Ganon's head, causing green blood to spray out, but there is no detail at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLinkofHyrule February 18, 2015

An Incredible Adventure - Realistically Dark and Scary

An amazing game. Contains violence, obviously. Contains semi-nudity of fairies. Contains purple 'blood'. Link (the main character) is a warm hearted role model, seeking to help those in danger out of the goodness of his heart and doesn't expect any reward.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesse W November 9, 2014

Amaizing!

This game is usually cited as the best game ever, and I can see why, in fact, the only game I like more is the Wind Waker from the same series. However, the game is not without faults. My little brother is deathly afraid of the great fairy and Ruto, which is down right weird to find in a E rated game, but can be forgiven by great game play and small roles of fore mentioned characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRavensFanMan August 1, 2014

Pretty good

The legend of Zelda series is a good appropriate action/fighting game. Very cartoonish and not really violent at all. There is some monsters that might give small children nightmares but other than that it's a great game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBaconation23 June 27, 2014

The Masterpiece for the New Generation

The ERSB rating the game got is fair, so I won't talk too much about the concerning content. There is no swearing, no sex, no drugs/drinks/smoking, and there is no graphic violence. Sure there is violence, but it is very, very, very, very, mild. You should but this for brave kids or kids 9+. I will admit when I was 5, I loved this game but was so scared to take a step into Hyrule, especially with the Redeads. I didn't go out to Hyrule on my N64 until I was 9, and I was just a little scared. But you shouldn't worry too much about nightmares. The gameplay is a masterpiece, and it's been hailed as THE best game of all time(the N64 version, but the 3DS and N64 version are the same thing) so it's a must have. 10/10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheDoctorDonna January 10, 2014

The Legend of This Review

A great game for any gamer, the graphics are very smooth and have been patched up very well. This was my first Zelda game, but I played the game cube version before this one. The player needs to have a basic reading level to enjoy this game to the fullest and to understand it.