All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Extraordinary remake of a classic adventure -- now for 3DS.

Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2013

BEST GAME EVER :)

My dad owns an old N64, and to get me into gaming he gave me this, and Star fox 64 I loved them, and he then showed some more modern games to me, and that's how I became a gamer. This is my faveroute game of all time it is a memorable experience everyone should enjoy.Their is some violence but Link fights against ganondorf who is power drunk. It gets a bit dark near the end but not too depressing. Common sense media is exaggerating the suggestiveness of the costumes the female fairies wear. There is no language. The difficulty of some of the puzzles will disappoint some young kids.It has a message to be brave, and persistent. Overall The Legend of Zelda: Ocerina of Time is good for 7+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byharraseda October 6, 2013

Remake of a classic

Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyMaskSalesman September 4, 2013

Ocarina of Time 3D

This is one of my FAVORITE games of all time. It isn't as good as it's predecessor (Ocarina of Time for the N64) but the game and story are the same. The story starts out with Link (I won't get into detail). He gets a sword and shield and starts on his quest. It's a very challenging game (even for me and I'm a Zelda Fanatic) So for little kids like 8 or 9 it will be a great challenge. So don't be surprised if your kid starts screaming at the top of his/her lungs. And there are some freaky bosses and enemies. Including: The Dead Hand, Stalfos, and others. There is a dungeon that is very, very suggestive. The Bottom of the Well. It looks like it used to be a torture chamber, with blood splattered on the walls, some blades on the floor, and piles of who-knows-whats. There is minimal blood at the final battle with Ganon (the main enemy). But don't expect your kid to get there anytime soon. Anyway enough of the talk about kid friendliness. GET IT FOR YOU OR YOUR KID NOOOOOOOW!(and don't use the 3D feature too much. It kinda makes you feel...0_0
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com June 30, 2013

its not a bad game

Its a fine game to play and there is some scary stuff but its not bad. also it only has a little violence and the blood is only blue and green. good for people 10 and up
Parent Written bybcarri2014 June 12, 2013

Ocarina of Time

Awesome game to play with, but has some really dark themes that could be scary for children during some later parts of the game.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

Love this game.

I can't stop playing this game, this has to be the best game I have EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I am addicted to this game. Beat it four times, master's quest twice. I would recommend this game to anyone.
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2013

Link rules!

An EPIC game. However, it contains moderate fantasy violence and some blood in one of the levels. However, I can't stop playing it! Link rules!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 13, 2012

Great, fun game.

The new Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo 3DS really does a good job at making the environment look really good in 3d, but it definitely hurts your eyes after awhile since all of the game takes place in like, and open field or a big cave or something like that. You control Link, or whoever you named him as you try to save Hyrule, but many things are in your path of greatness. There are many things that are good about the game, such as the ability to use "hints" that cause glimpses of the future if you're stuck, and you probably will have to use it at some point. However, it doesn't give you much information about where you have to go, therefore once you're an adult, the first dungeon, at least for me, was ridiculously hard, simply because I didn't know where to go, the place was so big! The bad news is, if you pause and turn off you 3DS, then you end up in the one place that quite often is in the opposite direction of where you want to go. Other than those facts, this is a great game, great graphics, and people should definitely play some of the game with the 3D on, though probably not all the way, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamagePlan June 18, 2012

LEARNING

The best Zelda yet.

Zelda Ocarina Of Time is the first Zelda game i ever played. I Recommend this for every person who wants to start off the Zelda series for the first game. You fight against evil in this game as Link. I Would say more but i don't want to ruin this game for people who haven't played this game yet. This is truly an amazing game that in the end will break you to tears but will make you happy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing June 17, 2012

It's not a bad game, I'm just no good at it

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is obviously Nintendo's best Nintendo 64 game of all time and it's also the 1# best reviewed game of all time which led to fan art, main streams, and even cartoons made by Machinima. The story for this game is about Link who is commanded by the Duku Tree to warn Princess Zelda about the evil that is about to come. Zelda tells Link about the evil warlock Ganondorf who is planning to kill her take over Hyrule so she tells Link that he must find the three spiritual stones. After Link finds all three stones, he goes to recover the Master Sword and must go on the quest to help a ninja-like being named Sheik find the six sages and stop Ganondorf. Sounds like a pretty exiting story, huh? That's pretty much the only thing I liked about this game. If there's anything to complain about this game is the challenge! Pretty much the only thing you do in this game is solve puzzles and it took all the fun out of it. The Tree Temple is a perfect example. When I first got to that part, I had no clue what to do. There isn't any clear indication of what you're supposed to do. How was I suppose to know you're suppose to use the hook shot to shoot at the branch and that's your ticket in? I was losing so much, believe it or not, I bent my Nintendo 3DS and broke it. Luckily, it still works and I can still play it. So far I only made it to the Shadow Temple and I still had no idea where to go or what to do. So I just gave up! I may have had a bad experience with this game, but if your kids like a good challenge, and if they're up for it and are tired of running around their same boring stuff, buy this game for them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLegend736 February 23, 2012

One word describes it best:Αwesomeness!

This remake of the classic masterpiece Ocarina of Time 3d just rocks.I love Zelda games because they need puzzle solving and careful thought,contrary to most games today.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

Sadness

I got this game for my birthday for my 3DS and one day I brought it in my dad's car (which is terribly messy) and never saw again to this day. I was thinking... "Oh jeez, $50 wasted! :(" And I only got to play it once. So sad. So sad. So stinkin' sad. Saving up to buy a new one though :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf Call February 2, 2012

OoT 3D

This game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games ever. It has violence, as always, but not as much as some of the other games. This game also has some dark scenes.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2012

A++!

This a a very fun game. The music, the graphics, all beautiful. There is some mild violence and some brief colored blood is seen (i.e. green and purple). When you visit some fairies, you see all their clothing looks natural and some mild cleavage is seen. Other than that, this is a brilliant game, but what else would you expect from the Legend of Zelda?
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

Greatest game of all time lives up to its title.

Its no surprise that Ocarina of time (a.k.a. Oot) holds the record for the highest rated game of all time. The characters seem so real, now even more in stereoscopic 3d. The enhanced graphics stay within the limits to create a nostalgic look back at everyone's favorite classic. I have played some of the best games and the most popular (like Call of Duty, GTA, Assassins Creed, Portal, etc.) but none come close to the magical essence of The Legend of Zelda. Although I am only twelve, I can tell that people of all ages will enjoy the beautifully crafted story of Ocarina of Time. This epic tale is a must buy for everyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLanmola October 15, 2011

The story that became a legend........ NOW IN 3D!!!!

I grew up playing this game, and there was not such as a day without me picking up the controller to play this game. I loved it the most, next to "a link to the past", and I still think so! Still even though I played aged 5, I think some people should know that this game isn't suitable to everyone: It still can get a bit rough. though the original got E rated it should have gotten T rated, due to the amout of blood displayed in the game, and several suggestive themes. Still that is nothing to worry about! Almost all blood in the game was erased in this remake, but some is still there. Suggestive themes though still exists in the game. I recommend that you get this game and play it, and even if you are 15 years or older! All good games don't have to be about blasting peoples heads of. The game is also a must for those who liked the original! (Sorry for my English)
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2011

Another score for Nintendo...

First off Common Sense, graphics don't matter!!! "Not crystal clear"!? Honestly! I love Zelda games, I'm currently on the Fire Temple.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemisstumbler July 20, 2011

love it

awesome game!
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2011

Best game ever

This is my first time playing a version of OOT, and it is the best game I have ever played! 3D is great, aswell as gameplay, story,controls, graphics, and everything else! Parents, the E10 rating isnt necesarry, as other versions are rated E. Another note to parents, Make sure to get the 3DS version, because it is much brighter than the other versions.