All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Extraordinary remake of a classic adventure -- now for 3DS.

Teen, 15 years old Written byknifeandfork April 15, 2015

Contains mild violence

One of the best games of all time, obviously. It contains about as much violence as Majora's Mask as it has the same style, but without the freakier theme. The most violent part is when Link thrusts his sword into Ganon's head, causing green blood to spray out, but there is no detail at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLinkofHyrule February 18, 2015

An Incredible Adventure - Realistically Dark and Scary

An amazing game. Contains violence, obviously. Contains semi-nudity of fairies. Contains purple 'blood'. Link (the main character) is a warm hearted role model, seeking to help those in danger out of the goodness of his heart and doesn't expect any reward.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesse W November 9, 2014

Amaizing!

This game is usually cited as the best game ever, and I can see why, in fact, the only game I like more is the Wind Waker from the same series. However, the game is not without faults. My little brother is deathly afraid of the great fairy and Ruto, which is down right weird to find in a E rated game, but can be forgiven by great game play and small roles of fore mentioned characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRavensFanMan August 1, 2014

Pretty good

The legend of Zelda series is a good appropriate action/fighting game. Very cartoonish and not really violent at all. There is some monsters that might give small children nightmares but other than that it's a great game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBaconation23 June 27, 2014

The Masterpiece for the New Generation

The ERSB rating the game got is fair, so I won't talk too much about the concerning content. There is no swearing, no sex, no drugs/drinks/smoking, and there is no graphic violence. Sure there is violence, but it is very, very, very, very, mild. You should but this for brave kids or kids 9+. I will admit when I was 5, I loved this game but was so scared to take a step into Hyrule, especially with the Redeads. I didn't go out to Hyrule on my N64 until I was 9, and I was just a little scared. But you shouldn't worry too much about nightmares. The gameplay is a masterpiece, and it's been hailed as THE best game of all time(the N64 version, but the 3DS and N64 version are the same thing) so it's a must have. 10/10.
Adult Written byeliram874 June 9, 2014

it is not for kids

too much magic and powers from all kinds. as the sexual material here is the explanation: the "zora's" characters are almost without clothes and one of them is a female character with human form of a body but the head of a fish. this game is not for kids nor adults am talking even when she grows in the game it is the same. I recommend getting other type of game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheDoctorDonna January 10, 2014

The Legend of This Review

A great game for any gamer, the graphics are very smooth and have been patched up very well. This was my first Zelda game, but I played the game cube version before this one. The player needs to have a basic reading level to enjoy this game to the fullest and to understand it.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2013

BEST GAME EVER :)

My dad owns an old N64, and to get me into gaming he gave me this, and Star fox 64 I loved them, and he then showed some more modern games to me, and that's how I became a gamer. This is my faveroute game of all time it is a memorable experience everyone should enjoy.Their is some violence but Link fights against ganondorf who is power drunk. It gets a bit dark near the end but not too depressing. Common sense media is exaggerating the suggestiveness of the costumes the female fairies wear. There is no language. The difficulty of some of the puzzles will disappoint some young kids.It has a message to be brave, and persistent. Overall The Legend of Zelda: Ocerina of Time is good for 7+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byharraseda October 6, 2013

Remake of a classic

Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyMaskSalesman September 4, 2013

Ocarina of Time 3D

This is one of my FAVORITE games of all time. It isn't as good as it's predecessor (Ocarina of Time for the N64) but the game and story are the same. The story starts out with Link (I won't get into detail). He gets a sword and shield and starts on his quest. It's a very challenging game (even for me and I'm a Zelda Fanatic) So for little kids like 8 or 9 it will be a great challenge. So don't be surprised if your kid starts screaming at the top of his/her lungs. And there are some freaky bosses and enemies. Including: The Dead Hand, Stalfos, and others. There is a dungeon that is very, very suggestive. The Bottom of the Well. It looks like it used to be a torture chamber, with blood splattered on the walls, some blades on the floor, and piles of who-knows-whats. There is minimal blood at the final battle with Ganon (the main enemy). But don't expect your kid to get there anytime soon. Anyway enough of the talk about kid friendliness. GET IT FOR YOU OR YOUR KID NOOOOOOOW!(and don't use the 3D feature too much. It kinda makes you feel...0_0
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com June 30, 2013

its not a bad game

Its a fine game to play and there is some scary stuff but its not bad. also it only has a little violence and the blood is only blue and green. good for people 10 and up
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

Love this game.

I can't stop playing this game, this has to be the best game I have EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I am addicted to this game. Beat it four times, master's quest twice. I would recommend this game to anyone.
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2013

Link rules!

An EPIC game. However, it contains moderate fantasy violence and some blood in one of the levels. However, I can't stop playing it! Link rules!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 13, 2012

Great, fun game.

The new Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo 3DS really does a good job at making the environment look really good in 3d, but it definitely hurts your eyes after awhile since all of the game takes place in like, and open field or a big cave or something like that. You control Link, or whoever you named him as you try to save Hyrule, but many things are in your path of greatness. There are many things that are good about the game, such as the ability to use "hints" that cause glimpses of the future if you're stuck, and you probably will have to use it at some point. However, it doesn't give you much information about where you have to go, therefore once you're an adult, the first dungeon, at least for me, was ridiculously hard, simply because I didn't know where to go, the place was so big! The bad news is, if you pause and turn off you 3DS, then you end up in the one place that quite often is in the opposite direction of where you want to go. Other than those facts, this is a great game, great graphics, and people should definitely play some of the game with the 3D on, though probably not all the way, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamagePlan June 18, 2012
LEARNING

The best Zelda yet.

Zelda Ocarina Of Time is the first Zelda game i ever played. I Recommend this for every person who wants to start off the Zelda series for the first game. You fight against evil in this game as Link. I Would say more but i don't want to ruin this game for people who haven't played this game yet. This is truly an amazing game that in the end will break you to tears but will make you happy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing June 17, 2012

It's not a bad game, I'm just no good at it

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is obviously Nintendo's best Nintendo 64 game of all time and it's also the 1# best reviewed game of all time which led to fan art, main streams, and even cartoons made by Machinima. The story for this game is about Link who is commanded by the Duku Tree to warn Princess Zelda about the evil that is about to come. Zelda tells Link about the evil warlock Ganondorf who is planning to kill her take over Hyrule so she tells Link that he must find the three spiritual stones. After Link finds all three stones, he goes to recover the Master Sword and must go on the quest to help a ninja-like being named Sheik find the six sages and stop Ganondorf. Sounds like a pretty exiting story, huh? That's pretty much the only thing I liked about this game. If there's anything to complain about this game is the challenge! Pretty much the only thing you do in this game is solve puzzles and it took all the fun out of it. The Tree Temple is a perfect example. When I first got to that part, I had no clue what to do. There isn't any clear indication of what you're supposed to do. How was I suppose to know you're suppose to use the hook shot to shoot at the branch and that's your ticket in? I was losing so much, believe it or not, I bent my Nintendo 3DS and broke it. Luckily, it still works and I can still play it. So far I only made it to the Shadow Temple and I still had no idea where to go or what to do. So I just gave up! I may have had a bad experience with this game, but if your kids like a good challenge, and if they're up for it and are tired of running around their same boring stuff, buy this game for them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLegend736 February 23, 2012

One word describes it best:Αwesomeness!

This remake of the classic masterpiece Ocarina of Time 3d just rocks.I love Zelda games because they need puzzle solving and careful thought,contrary to most games today.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

Sadness

I got this game for my birthday for my 3DS and one day I brought it in my dad's car (which is terribly messy) and never saw again to this day. I was thinking... "Oh jeez, $50 wasted! :(" And I only got to play it once. So sad. So sad. So stinkin' sad. Saving up to buy a new one though :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf Call February 2, 2012

OoT 3D

This game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games ever. It has violence, as always, but not as much as some of the other games. This game also has some dark scenes.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2012

A++!

This a a very fun game. The music, the graphics, all beautiful. There is some mild violence and some brief colored blood is seen (i.e. green and purple). When you visit some fairies, you see all their clothing looks natural and some mild cleavage is seen. Other than that, this is a brilliant game, but what else would you expect from the Legend of Zelda?