All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Teen, 13 years old Written byLanmola February 5, 2012

So much hate for so much nothing: PLAY IT!

I want to start this with saying this is a game that gets SO MUCH love from those who loves it and SO MUCH hate from those who hate it. The biggest reason is that Zelda games often has that medieval setting. Here you will see working trains, steam powered wheelchairs, and even electric ceiling lamps in one place. Does this ruin the great game? NO! And the trains are also clearly early models: far from our trains. This is a good sequel to "Phantom hourglass" and takes place about a hundred years after. Some characters like Niko are still alive, and others are clearly decendants of other ones, like Gonzo's grandson: Alfozno. Link (optional name) and Zelda are good and strong characters. They are trying to save the land of Hyrule from the Demon king, who has just begun his final stage in returning to life. Also, for helping people players earn "Force gems". Using these you gain access to new areas, giving you a reason to help out. Now then: the violence is more than you might expect from a such innocent game like this: you use a sword to attack enemies, in defence of course. Chickens, or Cucoos as you say in Hyrule, and Wolves whimper in pain when hit, and close to the end of the game Zelda and Link help each other to press the sword into the head of a Monster. There is a tender relationship between Link and Zelda but it's nothing much. You must also use logic and think a lot to beat the game, even in fights. All of this in two words: PLAY IT!!!!
Kid, 10 years old September 7, 2011

Awesome Game!!!

This game is so AWESOME!!! No bloodshed, so content is actually appropriate for all ages. Final boss might be scary for some kids, but otherwise no scary stuff. One of the best games in the series!!
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2010

This is a really good game. I got it recently and it really had me hooked. The plot is good, too. The main character Link has to defeat an evil chancellor who poses as a human in the beginning of the game, as well as his cohort, an evil, ninja-looking alien who casts off humans as worthless. The spiritual idea of the game is a bit questionable, and the antagonists of the story are trying to resurrect a powerful demon who is bound to the ground by train tracks. The story is very creative, though, and the touch screen control is pretty easy. The puzzles are excellent. I love to figure them out, but it sort of depends on the child. Some kids may get frustrated by the puzzles. Personally, I own many puzzle games and I love solving them. I'm also an action gamer, so this game is perfect for me.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2010

EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is easy
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2010

Really cool

It was awesome and made you think
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemisstumbler July 20, 2011

good game!

better than phantom hourglass. i have to admit that it's pretty boring and repetitive at the beginning, but it gets really good. Just like phantom hourglass and wind waker, you will need to think a lot to solve the puzzles. I usually use a walk-through if it gets too hard, but the first few temples are quite easy. The violence isn't that bad, and if you don't want to "kill" an enemy, you can just use your boomerang to make it dizzy and walk right past it. There's no blood either. I recommend it :)
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2011

Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2010

fun game

the only reason i think its too violent is because if you kill some red little monster, something red spreads which might be a few dots of blood
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2010

Great game! Not bad!

Wow.. cant believe ESRB rated it 10+! Wow, its like wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass its not bad. It is a great Zelda game, too! Its not that violent!
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2010

My father rented this game for me and just like I got addicted to Kingdom Hearts, I got addicted to this game too .
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

the best Zelda so far!

The violence has no blood or gore. Although the boss battle can be a little scary for younger kids, when the boss is destroyed it turns to stone and blows up. You defeat small pests. Wolfos and the bublins cry in pain, but overall the violence is not bad. The controls are easy. The puzzles need good thinking and may be to much for some kids. The language is limited to a few uses of fool and one or two cruds. Overall: 10+
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2015

Great game!

This is a really good game. There is absolutely NO blood and the controls are really simple. Don't get all worried if Link has a sword; there is, again, NO blood at all. Parents, if you are looking for a fun, puzzling game for your child, get The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. If you were concerned about my rating, I rated it 10+ because near the end of the game, at the final go through the Tower of Spirits, the game gets VERY challenging. Even I, being 10 years old, couldn't beat that part without a walkthrough. Of course, your kid could always go on YouTube and look up a walkthrough (I personally recommend ZeldaMaster). Well, that's my rating, and good bye!
Teen, 15 years old Written byknifeandfork April 17, 2015

Contains mild violence and threat

Tbh, this wasn't the best Zelda. It's still GOOD, but just not as amazing as Nintendo's other efforts. It's all a bit too predictable, like TP, and train driving is tedious. Still a great game, just not the best. There's some violence against enemies but when defeated they just disappear, no injury or anything. Some of the bosses could appear scary to very young children, like the boss of the Sand Temple.
Kid, 8 years old May 13, 2013

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uhh i beated the game when i was 7. and the best game ever oh! but i love the themes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf Call February 2, 2012

Spirit tracks

This game is very good. It has great grapics, and not dark and scary. All I have to say is this game isn't that violent, but defantaly for tweens. It also has great puzzles that make you think. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bywwtoonlinkfan September 26, 2011

Better than Phantom Hourglass

This game has a phenomenal soundtrack and graphics that seem too advanced for the DS. Not to mention it has the award-winning gameplay the Zelda series is known for.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze August 8, 2011

One of my brother's favorites

A great game for kids. Makes you think a lot, but is not too challenging. There is barely any violence and the storyline is excellent.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2011

Sweet game!

This game was awesome! One way I think you can tell how good a game is, is by how long it is. This game was pretty long! It had lots of puzzles and challenges to encounter, and at times they were difficult for me! I also liked how many items Link receives. There is a lot of side quests available for over-achievers. Over all it was an awesome game.
Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2011