All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Small characters and big plot add up to huge fun.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTyronBash2219 July 18, 2015

The best 2D Zelda

This game is awesome it was my first zelda and it was a good introduction to the series for me it's fairly easy but some of the bosses and dungeons are awesome like the fight with the giant mantra rays it also showed me how to be a good kid back when I first played 5 years ago with role models like the obvious link and others like the talking bird hat ezlo
Teen, 15 years old Written byknifeandfork April 17, 2015

Contains very mild violence

It's a GBA game, so it's... well, pixellated. Violence is against various (pixelly) monsters, so it's suitable for anyone really. It isn't the best Zelda ever but it's still great. Get it on VC.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2014

Quick, fun, easy installment to one of Nintendo's most beloved franchises.

The Minish Cap is an easy, fun, handheld Zelda game that can virtually be finished in a long car ride or when you're just bored. I have always been a die-hard Zelda fan and this game does not disappoint.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 May 29, 2012

legend zelda minish cap

This could spark an important discussion with your kids about good and evil. A conversation could start with questions such as: What do you think could make a good person turn bad? How can you stay true to your beliefs? How do our actions in life define us?
Teen, 15 years old Written bywwtoonlinkfan September 26, 2011

Capcom's last Zelda title-better than Phantom Hourglass

This game is longer than expected, and the ending is a little dark, but there isn't that much violence. A very recommended game!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemisstumbler July 20, 2011

fun game

i remember playing it when i was young
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2011

Cool Backstoryishness, but some hard puzzles

I Love this awesome telling of how Link gets his classic green cap.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 22, 2010

An awesome Zelda game for any kid old enough to play and appreciate it

One of Nintendo's better handheld Zelda adventures. The game is squeaky clean and awesome. In fact, it may be the best way to introduce Zelda to your young child. If you have a young dude who wants to get in on the Zelda action after watching you play around on Twilight or Wind Waker, give him this as a good intro. It's very easy to play, very fun, has Wind Waker-style characters, and it's just awesome. I enjoyed every minute of the game. No concerns whatsoever.
Kid, 9 years old December 4, 2010

Dude
Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2010

Why Is It Awesome?

Why It's Awesome? Because It's freaking Zelda!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykimchibun June 24, 2010

Complicated, Fun, Cute game. Did I mention Fun?

'Nuff said.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAirlocke June 13, 2010

Great!

This game is the bomb! When I heard it was out I had to get it and I'm glad I did! :) it was really fun!!
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 August 18, 2009

SO MUCH FUN!!!

This Zelda is cute and sweet, but also challenging enough for adults. It's probably the shortest Zelda game (at least for me), but it's totally worth the price.
Parent Written byhybirsog38 February 12, 2009

It's good...

The Wind Waker is the best out of the cartoon link games (four swords, minish cap), but this one was entertaining. I loved it.
Adult Written bycharm April 9, 2008

awesome game!

This game is a must-have for any Zelda fan. If you've played a Zelda game before, you will easily be able to pick up and play this one. Best of all, it's really fun :)
Parent of a 1, 11, and 16 year old Written byscrooks April 9, 2008

Good puzzles, fun, nothing obnoxious

I played through this entire game myself, and there's really nothing in it at all to worry about. Yes, there's some "violence", but it's all of the most innocuous, totally non-bloody type. It's basic video game stuff, where you swing your sword (or whatever) and the monster your fighting eventually just disappears when you beat it. I don't find that kind of light fantasy combat troublesome at all. As for the rest of the game, there are many puzzles to figure out, which seems better than your typical no-thinking-required videogame. None of it is terribly hard, but it does require some work and some time, and thus not every kid will likely enjoy it. I, personally, thought it was a lot of fun and it's one of the few video games I've ever completely finished.
Adult Written byveggietalefan April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008

amazing.

w00t another great zelda game. there really is nothing to worry about in this game, unless..nothing. there is nothing that could possibly be considered offensive, or anything. it's an incredible game, and you should go buy it right now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDr. RPG April 9, 2008

A well done RPG

Although I do not like this game as much as the other Zelda games, it is still a very entertaining game. The puzzles teach you not to overlook a single detail or possibility. The plotline is interesting, and the new concept of magically shrinking is very different and original. If you like Zelda games, you should pick it up.