All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

AWESOME

Get it. Just get it. The controller is great for tiny hands, but it does get hard at some points of the game. Sometimes it even stumped me! I also have to say just because it is cartoony does not mean it is bad!
Kid, 8 years old October 6, 2013

Zelda is FINE

Zelda is fine for 6 year olds. It has not very graphic violence, and all of my fiends have it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNo common sense April 5, 2015

I am not giving it an orange for violence.

While this game is in no means very violent, and is kept PG, the reason that I gave it an iffy for 8 years old is because of it's difficulty. Children used to playing Mario may get annoyed with this harder game. While the open world is very fun to older players who can understand the game better, an open world may be confusing to younger players, along with all the different buttons. My 6 year old sister tried playing this and had to quit on the very first level because she couldn't understand what to do. If your child has some experience with harder games and are interested in this, then you should get it; it's an excellent game. But if your kid is used to simpler games, then they might get tired of this one quickly.
Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2014

Amazing

PROS- - Great and unique graphics - Satisfying combat - Creative puzzles - Fun sailing - More freedom then other zeldas - Neat online aspact( can be disabled ) - Works well with the gamepad - Well designed Dungeons - Nails the " i'm on an adventure ' feeling Cons -Boss Battles are a bit easy - Checkpoints can be annoying especially in dungeons I'd say it's good for 7+ because Link helps innocents and theres no blood when you defeat an enemy there's a purple cloud of mist. Also the graphics are more abstract then realistic, and it's more adventurous then scary. There could be a privacy concern but the miiverse integration can be disabled and is pretty safe to begin with.
Teen, 15 years old Written byknifeandfork April 15, 2015

LEARNING

Contains very mild cartoon violence

Because of its colourful, cel-shaded art style, The Wind Waker shows even fewer details of the violence than a Zelda game usually does. Link still attacks enemies with his sword and other weapons, but the violence is cartoony and comical. The various monsters and bosses wouldn't look frightening to even the youngest players, making this a great adventure for all ages. The story is simple, classic and child-friendly and the puzzles also make it great for learning.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmelyn April 11, 2015

Ab-SO-LUTELY… awesome!

As always, Link is sent on an adventure he didn't really ask for, fighting his ever-so-persistent arch-enemy, Ganondorf. The cartoon graphics give it a more kid-friendly feel without taking away the storyline or gaming appeal of teens and adults alike. Link's a great role model, especially for siblings in this one, as (SPOILER ALERT) his little sister, Aryll, is kidnapped for 3/4 of the game, and his quest was to save her, no matter what cost. I am embarrassed to say I had some difficulty beating the game, as puzzles and navigation were a bit tricky, as well as fighting(to be fair, I was on Hero Mode), and my 6-year-old nephew had trouble getting the hang of the controls, and even then he thought it was hard running around catching pigs on Outset Island, so make sure your kids can play basic fighting games easily before handing them the controller. Some enemies scared the heck out of me, too. One resembles a blue mummy-like creature that grows a bit bigger, its eyes glow red, and it somewhat shrieks at Link, paralyzingly him, and one enemy is a big skeleton that rebuilds itself from time to time. Some boss battles were stressful, and Gohma creeped me out a ton.
Kid, 9 years old December 3, 2014

Awesome

I honestly think this game should be played by anyone who just turned 8 to 29
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2014

LEARNING

Beautiful Zelda game is the best game ever made!

Now this is one great game. Wind Waker HD is an absolutely amazing game, with astounding visuals and gameplay. I couldn't stop playing this game for a while. Recommend it to anyone who has never experienced the greatness of Zelda games!