All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

An excellent game with a great story and quest.

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byMASSICLIKPERCYJ... July 20, 2011

SO ONE DAY...

I was just walkin' round and i saw this pirate ship and i was like OMG am i in the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!!! And YES I was!!!! I collected rupee, i sailed 2 the windfall island, i got stuff from fairy ppl and i slayed boss. I wore a costume kinda like link's but i was more of a ZELDA! BUT IT WAS ONLY A DREAM! Still, if U play this game, you will forget DUMB hannah montanahh!! And i love zelda the girl! I look exactly like her! And srry what i said about annabeth cuz they're both butt kickers! IF YOU DON'T LIKE ZELDA YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST, IDIOTEST PERSON EVER TO BE BORN IN THIS WHOLE ENTIRE HYRULE WORLD. iF I ever have a daughter i am naming her Zelda. the world should be called hyrule and we should be speaking hylian! So everyone scream WE LOOOOOOVE ZEELDA!!!!!! This is so much better than harry potter or any wannabe stupid game! don't play girly games they are dumb! If you think girly games are dumb click on "read my mind". If you think link is better than justin bieber(zelda is awesome) click on "had useful details". If you agree with all the hylian things i said in my hylian review click the hylian button "helped me decide". If you love zelda say it cause nothin better than et! Link is better than miley cyrus! He's better than justin gross bieber! KOKIRIKOKIRI
Kid, 8 years old January 11, 2011

FOR kids 4+.

GREAT, but there are some RELLY long cutsceans.
Adult Written bylschnur April 9, 2008

fun for the kids

My daughter enjoys the fairy tale aspect of this game, as well as the challenges.
Adult Written byrianne.astle August 9, 2014

Brilliant game but disturbing ending

VIOLENCE + Cartoon violence is not particularly scary for *most* of the game. - ***spoiler alert*** I was VERY shocked and disturbed by the violent end to the final battle, when Link jumps and stabs Ganon through the top of his head. If it were not for this one violent moment, I would have said this game is appropriate for ages 9+. LANGUAGE + None. SEX - None. OTHER + Incredibly fun and beautiful game with a great soundtrack. A must-play for any fan of the Zelda franchise or other adventure games.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 22, 2010

Perfect for Zelda fans of all ages that can play and appreciate the games

This is one of Nintendo's best Zelda games (top 5). I got this game about a year after it came out, and I LOVED IT. It's pretty easy to play, but the only concern that i have at ALL is the final scene. Let's just say (to avoid spoilers) that you see Link bury the Master Sword into the top of a villain's head. It's totally bloodless and not gorey at all, but it would disturb some younger audiences, since the bad dude still talks after it, and then turns to stone (with the sword still there). That's my ONLY concern. Other than that, kids will find it fun because of it's cel-shaded graphics, ease of play, likeable characters, and the occasional humorous scene. Great game for kids!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bylsdbird September 3, 2010

great for 6+

A very good story gives me good fun and a hard challenge.
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 August 18, 2009

Zelda does it again!!

This Zelda is fun and bright. It's also probably one of the biggest Zelda's out there, because of the nearly endless ocean and multiple possibilities of exploration. Totally worth it.
Parent of a 6 and 13 year old Written bywavymouth June 26, 2009

get your kids into rpgs

I have this. kids can play this if they're patient sailing from land to land. you may need to help them go to the right place, so it's better if the parents are into it like the kids.
Adult Written bycharm April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysponge_bob54301 April 9, 2008

smells like happy

Good game. There is some violence that is involved so I don't think it's good for those who would like to imitate a video game. I played it and enjoyed it so very much. though I don't know how I feel about link looking like a powerpuff girl...
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008

great

this game was the best game ever the first time i played this game i was hooked it has the perfect balance of interactive puzzles and action to keep kids and parents entertained! (i would have rated this game with 6 stars but...
Adult Written bytwilightkilla April 9, 2008

i was relieved! breath taking!

i was relived when i beat a dongeon. it was very fun to play. the story was fantastic. gorgeos cell-shaded grphics. you'll get stuck at some of the puzzles. it makes you think alot at parts of the game. one of the best zelda games yet.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywwtoonlinkfan September 26, 2011

Not to be underrated

This game was rather violent for a cel-shaded game, but now, many violent cel-shaded games are being released. Anyway, this game is engrossing and will take you weeks to finish. Not to mention the graphics are very beautiful to look at. (Spoiler!) At the end, LInk stabs Ganon in the HEAD. That's rather violent for Nintendo, don't you think?
Parent Written byPlague October 20, 2010

Teh Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Truely a great game. Very long, and could be hard to catch onto for younger players.
Adult Written byyorker76 April 9, 2008

A captivating adventure for the older crowd

Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008

amazing.

this is an incredible game. i can't emphasize amazing this is. almost as good as ocarina of time and resident evil 4. go out and buy it immiedietly.
Adult Written bymrbob April 9, 2008

A fun game with a sense of individuality and complexity.

This game is okay for all ages, but it may be a bit hard for younger kids and the ending is a bit violent, but there is no gore. The theme is a bit sad/scary. The enemy slicing is not neccessary in the game, and nothing is graphical. It just may not be right that all the bosses except one act as if suffering when you win. This is, in general, a good game that will be some fun for all ages.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 May 29, 2012

legend zelda wind waker

Families can talk about the challenges in the game. Which kind of puzzles do you enjoy most? Why? What does this game have in common with other Zelda adventures? How is it different?
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2011