All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

An excellent game with a great story and quest.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMASSICLIKPERCYJ... July 20, 2011

SO ONE DAY...

I was just walkin' round and i saw this pirate ship and i was like OMG am i in the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!!! And YES I was!!!! I collected rupee, i sailed 2 the windfall island, i got stuff from fairy ppl and i slayed boss. I wore a costume kinda like link's but i was more of a ZELDA! BUT IT WAS ONLY A DREAM! Still, if U play this game, you will forget DUMB hannah montanahh!! And i love zelda the girl! I look exactly like her! And srry what i said about annabeth cuz they're both butt kickers! IF YOU DON'T LIKE ZELDA YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST, IDIOTEST PERSON EVER TO BE BORN IN THIS WHOLE ENTIRE HYRULE WORLD. iF I ever have a daughter i am naming her Zelda. the world should be called hyrule and we should be speaking hylian! So everyone scream WE LOOOOOOVE ZEELDA!!!!!! This is so much better than harry potter or any wannabe stupid game! don't play girly games they are dumb! If you think girly games are dumb click on "read my mind". If you think link is better than justin bieber(zelda is awesome) click on "had useful details". If you agree with all the hylian things i said in my hylian review click the hylian button "helped me decide". If you love zelda say it cause nothin better than et! Link is better than miley cyrus! He's better than justin gross bieber! KOKIRIKOKIRI
Teen, 15 years old Written byfashionmodelgurl November 3, 2011

BEST GAME EVER!!

Okay, so this is the very first game I had played on my own and may I just say that I continue to love it after 9 years!! :D I play this game at least once a year. This is by far the best Zelda game and is fairly easy to play too. I think it has a great story line, adventure, and cool bad guys. In this game you can sail island to island so I would say that it is the most adventurous out of all the Zelda games. There is something to do on every island, and there are a lot of side quests that are necessary, but fun. This game has me hooked whenever I play it so that I have to play it for at least 2 weeks straight. I would say that almost any age could play this game from maybe 6 or 7 (I was 7 when I started it and when it came out) to death! ;D My dad had to first help me a bit with it and I was at first a little scared of the monsters, but I got over it quickly. It is a very easy game to play, I have beaten the thing a countless number of times. I am seriously THE pro at this game. So if you are wondering if you should buy this, DO IT!!! You will not regret it!! Trust me!! It is better than all the other Zelda games combined!! There is a lot of fighting but there is no blood at all so I wouldn't even call it violent (I hate games like that, so I wouldn't be playing this if it did.) And it's on Gamecube (which the Wii can play as well as long as you have a Gamecube remote)!! Woohoo!! So go on and buy your Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker today!! ;D P.S. It's also really cool if you have Action Replay, you can fly onto Valoo's (a dragon) head!
Kid, 8 years old January 11, 2011

FOR kids 4+.

GREAT, but there are some RELLY long cutsceans.
Parent Written byPlague October 20, 2010

Teh Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Truely a great game. Very long, and could be hard to catch onto for younger players.
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2011

Two Words

Two Words AWSOME GAME
Teen, 15 years old Written bywwtoonlinkfan September 26, 2011

Not to be underrated

This game was rather violent for a cel-shaded game, but now, many violent cel-shaded games are being released. Anyway, this game is engrossing and will take you weeks to finish. Not to mention the graphics are very beautiful to look at. (Spoiler!) At the end, LInk stabs Ganon in the HEAD. That's rather violent for Nintendo, don't you think?
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2011

A gem of a game, great alternative to shooters

This game is an amazing alternative to the likes of God Of War. I started playing this game when I was 6, and completed it at age 8. There is an immersive storyline, beautiful graphics, and for the average gamer, at least 20+ hours of gameplay (and even more for completionists!). Link is an excellent role-model (you know, the classic Good vs. Evil scenario), and his dedication and bravery is a very positive messages. Packed with plenty of side-quests and mini-games around every corner (for example, sailing games to earn money and a figurine collecting side-quest), the game is very fun to play, and in some parts of the story, I was almost brought to tears (especially after completing it twice last year!). And after you complete it once, you will almost always come back for more with a special adventure mode with added features. In fact, I have owned this game for five years, and my GameCube is still the console of choice for me (and I have a BlackBerry, Laptop, Xbox 360, Wii, DS Lite and DSi!)! Do I need to say anymore? Like any Zelda game, it's excellent. Violence isn't a problem, as you will expect it from an adventure game.
Kid, 9 years old December 10, 2010

Amazing game

This is an excellent game. Great story. The game could be hard and frustrating for player new to The Legend of Zelda (Such as myself). Myself, I just beat the first dungeon.It could be violent and very hard. Still a great game. I think you should get the Prima guide before getting the game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition January 2, 2011

My favorite game!

I admit it- I love the Zelda franchise way too much. This game has always been my favorite. The cel-shaded graphics are fun and cartoon-y and fit the game to a T. This game is also one of the easier installments of the series. In this game you play as 12 year old Link of Outset island. It's your birthday, and you've apparently come of age! One this island it is traditional to teach young boys who have come of age "the way of the sword." But you see a young girl, about your age, dropped into the forest atop your island by a large bird, and a pirate ship chasing after her. In the end you rescue the girl, but your little sister, Aryll, ends up being mistaken for the girl dropped atop your island, and is kidnapped by the large bird. This is where your adventure begins. You do wield a sword and many other weapons throughout the game (there is not blood, your enemies just puff away in smoke after falling), solving puzzles, defeating (mostly easy) bosses, and trying to save your little sister. I found the dungeons in the game easy, but I can't speak for the younger kids. There is some tedious side questing in the end, where you have to reassemble the Triforce, but other than that nothing too annoying. The controls work amazingly, but make sure you have a gamecube controller to play the game. Like all Zelda games, it has a saitsfying ending, and is worth playing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykimchibun June 24, 2010

Great game with seemingly endless oceans to explore

Inventive challenges and story. The violence isn't exactly scary, but the pressure of certain situations may be too much for small kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2010

Great For Just About All Ages

I remember playing this when I was little. I loved it and eventually bought it. It has a good story and is pretty easy to play. There are plenty of places to explore so it won't get boring for a while. Violence isn't very bad since it's like a cartoon.
Adult Written bycharm April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Rediculous Violence

Some of the violence is rediculous for an E game. This game should be rated E10+ or even T for violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubberducky7 June 17, 2010

This is an absolutly perfect kids game

This is probably the best game for 8-11 year olds out there, it was my favorite when I was that age. The violence may not even be an issue for kids down to age 6, but the gameplay would probably be too hard for anyone under 8. The violence is very mild and cartoony, when you hit a person with your sword there is a flash of red light and they get knocked back, and when an enemy dies they explode in a puff of smoke. The actual game is definitly the best link game
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 22, 2010

Perfect for Zelda fans of all ages that can play and appreciate the games

This is one of Nintendo's best Zelda games (top 5). I got this game about a year after it came out, and I LOVED IT. It's pretty easy to play, but the only concern that i have at ALL is the final scene. Let's just say (to avoid spoilers) that you see Link bury the Master Sword into the top of a villain's head. It's totally bloodless and not gorey at all, but it would disturb some younger audiences, since the bad dude still talks after it, and then turns to stone (with the sword still there). That's my ONLY concern. Other than that, kids will find it fun because of it's cel-shaded graphics, ease of play, likeable characters, and the occasional humorous scene. Great game for kids!
Adult Written bysponge_bob54301 April 9, 2008

smells like happy

Good game. There is some violence that is involved so I don't think it's good for those who would like to imitate a video game. I played it and enjoyed it so very much. though I don't know how I feel about link looking like a powerpuff girl...
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemisstumbler July 20, 2011

fun game!

one of the best zelda games ever. i think common sense media is really unfair for giving it four stars and giving phantom hourglass five stars: This is much, MUCH better than phantom hourglass. I play it at least once a day, and there's a lot of fun side quests and treasures to find. However, there are some slightly creepy parts; for example, in one temple you'll find enemies called "redeads" that will scream at you making you not able to move, and if they get near you enough, they will attack you. There's no blood, though, and the violence is unrealistic. It can be frustrating at some points (there's a hard puzzle in the temple of earth) and trust me, you will need a walkthrough at some points. If you're looking for an easy game, this is not the game for you. To finish off, extremely fun and addicitng, i recommend anyone who's 9+, patient, and into games to buy it! -lilmisstumbler
Teen, 15 years old Written byHouseOfAnubis01 July 26, 2011

a good game

This is my favorite game of all time. I mean the only thing I hate is how MAKAR cant walk himself through the duengons. But I love most of the glitched in this. During a cut seen today in the labrinth, A Redead was killing me, and a moblin comes up and smacks it during the cutscene. It was funny. Anyways fav game. And the person who compared Zelda to Annabeth from PJO, DO NOT COMPARE AWESOMENESS! PJO IS AWESOME!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 May 29, 2012

legend zelda wind waker

Families can talk about the challenges in the game. Which kind of puzzles do you enjoy most? Why? What does this game have in common with other Zelda adventures? How is it different?