All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

An excellent game with a great story and quest.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHouseOfAnubis01 July 26, 2011

a good game

This is my favorite game of all time. I mean the only thing I hate is how MAKAR cant walk himself through the duengons. But I love most of the glitched in this. During a cut seen today in the labrinth, A Redead was killing me, and a moblin comes up and smacks it during the cutscene. It was funny. Anyways fav game. And the person who compared Zelda to Annabeth from PJO, DO NOT COMPARE AWESOMENESS! PJO IS AWESOME!
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2011

My old favorite

Nintendo outdid themselves with this title...It IS age appropriate once children understand that it is just a game it is just a tad violent but nothing out of the ordinary hack-n-slash adventure. 1) Excellent childish cartoon graphics (Nullifies the violence a bit). 2) Creative puzzles with thinking needed (Not a great amount although). 3) User-friendly controls. 4) Positive role-models as the heroes are wise and courageous (I would say Powerful too although...Ganondorf isn't the best of role-models...). 5) Tingle (Player 2) provides good help but uses a lot of the in-game money to do things. To sum it up, another excellent title from Nintendo.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2011

A gem of a game, great alternative to shooters

This game is an amazing alternative to the likes of God Of War. I started playing this game when I was 6, and completed it at age 8. There is an immersive storyline, beautiful graphics, and for the average gamer, at least 20+ hours of gameplay (and even more for completionists!). Link is an excellent role-model (you know, the classic Good vs. Evil scenario), and his dedication and bravery is a very positive messages. Packed with plenty of side-quests and mini-games around every corner (for example, sailing games to earn money and a figurine collecting side-quest), the game is very fun to play, and in some parts of the story, I was almost brought to tears (especially after completing it twice last year!). And after you complete it once, you will almost always come back for more with a special adventure mode with added features. In fact, I have owned this game for five years, and my GameCube is still the console of choice for me (and I have a BlackBerry, Laptop, Xbox 360, Wii, DS Lite and DSi!)! Do I need to say anymore? Like any Zelda game, it's excellent. Violence isn't a problem, as you will expect it from an adventure game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition January 2, 2011

My favorite game!

I admit it- I love the Zelda franchise way too much. This game has always been my favorite. The cel-shaded graphics are fun and cartoon-y and fit the game to a T. This game is also one of the easier installments of the series. In this game you play as 12 year old Link of Outset island. It's your birthday, and you've apparently come of age! One this island it is traditional to teach young boys who have come of age "the way of the sword." But you see a young girl, about your age, dropped into the forest atop your island by a large bird, and a pirate ship chasing after her. In the end you rescue the girl, but your little sister, Aryll, ends up being mistaken for the girl dropped atop your island, and is kidnapped by the large bird. This is where your adventure begins. You do wield a sword and many other weapons throughout the game (there is not blood, your enemies just puff away in smoke after falling), solving puzzles, defeating (mostly easy) bosses, and trying to save your little sister. I found the dungeons in the game easy, but I can't speak for the younger kids. There is some tedious side questing in the end, where you have to reassemble the Triforce, but other than that nothing too annoying. The controls work amazingly, but make sure you have a gamecube controller to play the game. Like all Zelda games, it has a saitsfying ending, and is worth playing.
Kid, 9 years old December 10, 2010

Amazing game

This is an excellent game. Great story. The game could be hard and frustrating for player new to The Legend of Zelda (Such as myself). Myself, I just beat the first dungeon.It could be violent and very hard. Still a great game. I think you should get the Prima guide before getting the game.
Parent Written byPlague October 20, 2010

Teh Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Truely a great game. Very long, and could be hard to catch onto for younger players.
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2010

Great For Just About All Ages

I remember playing this when I was little. I loved it and eventually bought it. It has a good story and is pretty easy to play. There are plenty of places to explore so it won't get boring for a while. Violence isn't very bad since it's like a cartoon.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykimchibun June 24, 2010

Great game with seemingly endless oceans to explore

Inventive challenges and story. The violence isn't exactly scary, but the pressure of certain situations may be too much for small kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubberducky7 June 17, 2010

This is an absolutly perfect kids game

This is probably the best game for 8-11 year olds out there, it was my favorite when I was that age. The violence may not even be an issue for kids down to age 6, but the gameplay would probably be too hard for anyone under 8. The violence is very mild and cartoony, when you hit a person with your sword there is a flash of red light and they get knocked back, and when an enemy dies they explode in a puff of smoke. The actual game is definitly the best link game
Teen, 14 years old Written bywolves4love November 29, 2009

perfect

its really good and if your going from little games to adventure games, this one is a good starter. my little sisters and cousins play it all the time and their under 10. storyline is good too
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 August 18, 2009

Zelda does it again!!

This Zelda is fun and bright. It's also probably one of the biggest Zelda's out there, because of the nearly endless ocean and multiple possibilities of exploration. Totally worth it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 26, 2009
This game is super fun. I loved playing through it again and again. These is also pretty kid safe. So kids might get scared of the monsters though so not for really young kids. Fun game and worth checking out.
Parent of a 6 and 13 year old Written bywavymouth June 26, 2009

get your kids into rpgs

I have this. kids can play this if they're patient sailing from land to land. you may need to help them go to the right place, so it's better if the parents are into it like the kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv March 11, 2009

Awesome!

This game is so great and very large. It is a rival of Mario 64! I loved this game, the plot, and everything else. Reccomended.

*drooling from the awesomeness of this game*

This game is the Best Zelda EVER! I love the cute little korok (forest people) named Makar and the rito (bird people) named Medli!
Teen, 13 years old Written byyayne April 9, 2008

one for the kids

'Legend of Zelda' is one of the best known series of video games, getting recognized for being the first game with a full map and giving each game their own unique twist. this game is no different with its all new style and format. unlike the other games, all the characters were given a more cartoon-like look with new bright and lively colors. the violence, which will be there no matter what, was done in a way that doesn't show the beast actually dieing, but just disappearing in a puff of black smoke. the monsters themselves are still designed to look menacing and evil, but thats just a given for what series this is a part of. so 'Wind Waker' is alright for the younger gamers who enjoy a great action packed adventure with a plot that just makes them want to play until the end.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

damn...

damn you CS. i know a couple of 3-year olds who LOVE this game. 3 YEAR OLDS! and you say 10+! it is OK for any normal 6 year old or abnormaly mature 3 year old.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydmac April 9, 2008

Really cool

My mom doesn't let me play some games but we rented this one and it was really cool. I wish I could buy it.
Adult Written bylschnur April 9, 2008

fun for the kids

My daughter enjoys the fairy tale aspect of this game, as well as the challenges.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrockman4090 April 9, 2008

BEST GAMECUBE GAME!!!

This is a great game...period. Using extremely advanced cell-shaded graphics, this game looks outstanding. But it plays even better. This game is extremely deep, and has an enormous amount of weapons and attacks to choose from, as well as an enormous overworld to explore. I don't know how accurate the rating is, though - this game fits somewhere in between E and T. And young children may not have the patience for it. But this is a must have for any GameCube owner.