All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

An excellent game with a great story and quest.

Kid, 8 years old January 11, 2011

FOR kids 4+.

GREAT, but there are some RELLY long cutsceans.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMASSICLIKPERCYJ... July 20, 2011

SO ONE DAY...

I was just walkin' round and i saw this pirate ship and i was like OMG am i in the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!!! And YES I was!!!! I collected rupee, i sailed 2 the windfall island, i got stuff from fairy ppl and i slayed boss. I wore a costume kinda like link's but i was more of a ZELDA! BUT IT WAS ONLY A DREAM! Still, if U play this game, you will forget DUMB hannah montanahh!! And i love zelda the girl! I look exactly like her! And srry what i said about annabeth cuz they're both butt kickers! IF YOU DON'T LIKE ZELDA YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST, IDIOTEST PERSON EVER TO BE BORN IN THIS WHOLE ENTIRE HYRULE WORLD. iF I ever have a daughter i am naming her Zelda. the world should be called hyrule and we should be speaking hylian! So everyone scream WE LOOOOOOVE ZEELDA!!!!!! This is so much better than harry potter or any wannabe stupid game! don't play girly games they are dumb! If you think girly games are dumb click on "read my mind". If you think link is better than justin bieber(zelda is awesome) click on "had useful details". If you agree with all the hylian things i said in my hylian review click the hylian button "helped me decide". If you love zelda say it cause nothin better than et! Link is better than miley cyrus! He's better than justin gross bieber! KOKIRIKOKIRI
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 22, 2010

Perfect for Zelda fans of all ages that can play and appreciate the games

This is one of Nintendo's best Zelda games (top 5). I got this game about a year after it came out, and I LOVED IT. It's pretty easy to play, but the only concern that i have at ALL is the final scene. Let's just say (to avoid spoilers) that you see Link bury the Master Sword into the top of a villain's head. It's totally bloodless and not gorey at all, but it would disturb some younger audiences, since the bad dude still talks after it, and then turns to stone (with the sword still there). That's my ONLY concern. Other than that, kids will find it fun because of it's cel-shaded graphics, ease of play, likeable characters, and the occasional humorous scene. Great game for kids!
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2011

Two Words

Two Words AWSOME GAME
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemisstumbler July 20, 2011

fun game!

one of the best zelda games ever. i think common sense media is really unfair for giving it four stars and giving phantom hourglass five stars: This is much, MUCH better than phantom hourglass. I play it at least once a day, and there's a lot of fun side quests and treasures to find. However, there are some slightly creepy parts; for example, in one temple you'll find enemies called "redeads" that will scream at you making you not able to move, and if they get near you enough, they will attack you. There's no blood, though, and the violence is unrealistic. It can be frustrating at some points (there's a hard puzzle in the temple of earth) and trust me, you will need a walkthrough at some points. If you're looking for an easy game, this is not the game for you. To finish off, extremely fun and addicitng, i recommend anyone who's 9+, patient, and into games to buy it! -lilmisstumbler
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Rediculous Violence

Some of the violence is rediculous for an E game. This game should be rated E10+ or even T for violence.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bylsdbird September 3, 2010

great for 6+

A very good story gives me good fun and a hard challenge.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeday May 23, 2015

Review

This game is great. It has awesome fantasy themes and it is definitely one of the more kid friendly games in the series.the only thing is that it is a little on the confusing side for younger children. Other than that, 8.5/10 very much wold recommend
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesse W November 9, 2014

THE BEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!

I can't stress this enough. When it comes to video games, nothing plays like a Zelda game and when it comes to Zelda, there is nothing like the Wind Waker.
Adult Written byrianne.astle August 9, 2014

Brilliant game but disturbing ending

VIOLENCE + Cartoon violence is not particularly scary for *most* of the game. - ***spoiler alert*** I was VERY shocked and disturbed by the violent end to the final battle, when Link jumps and stabs Ganon through the top of his head. If it were not for this one violent moment, I would have said this game is appropriate for ages 9+. LANGUAGE + None. SEX - None. OTHER + Incredibly fun and beautiful game with a great soundtrack. A must-play for any fan of the Zelda franchise or other adventure games.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTimeBomb August 2, 2014

May be too dark for younger tweens.

Rated: ON 10+ IFFY 9- OFF 6- for cartoon/fantasy violence and some scary themes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydando March 15, 2014

Great!

Classic adventure for Game Cube great storyline, quite underrated but you will expect a great adventure and sense of exploration. Some parts maybe quite scary for children under 11. But a classic in the Zelda series.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com July 4, 2013

wwtoonlinkfan is really lying because he thinks some zelda games are for adults and there not that bad.

the violence is low and cartoony and its not that bad and its fine to play
Teen, 13 years old Written byBnwondercolors June 7, 2013

I am The Legend of Zelda nerd!

I absolutely love this game! there is no blood and he only kills monsters that cause evil within Hyrule and the islands above. This game does not take that long to beat unless you are new to video games and have bad hand eye coordination. I'm a gamer girl and this took me about a week and a half to defeat and I didn't play it every day! Link (the main character) is a hero and a great role model, and positive messages are be there for others and help family out. I am in love with the legend of zelda series!
Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2013

pause ages 7. on for ages 8 and up. off ages 6 and under.

love it but Puppet ganon caterpillar is harder then ganon. but everything else good. 4/5 stars
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 May 29, 2012

legend zelda wind waker

Families can talk about the challenges in the game. Which kind of puzzles do you enjoy most? Why? What does this game have in common with other Zelda adventures? How is it different?
Teen, 15 years old Written byfashionmodelgurl November 3, 2011

BEST GAME EVER!!

Okay, so this is the very first game I had played on my own and may I just say that I continue to love it after 9 years!! :D I play this game at least once a year. This is by far the best Zelda game and is fairly easy to play too. I think it has a great story line, adventure, and cool bad guys. In this game you can sail island to island so I would say that it is the most adventurous out of all the Zelda games. There is something to do on every island, and there are a lot of side quests that are necessary, but fun. This game has me hooked whenever I play it so that I have to play it for at least 2 weeks straight. I would say that almost any age could play this game from maybe 6 or 7 (I was 7 when I started it and when it came out) to death! ;D My dad had to first help me a bit with it and I was at first a little scared of the monsters, but I got over it quickly. It is a very easy game to play, I have beaten the thing a countless number of times. I am seriously THE pro at this game. So if you are wondering if you should buy this, DO IT!!! You will not regret it!! Trust me!! It is better than all the other Zelda games combined!! There is a lot of fighting but there is no blood at all so I wouldn't even call it violent (I hate games like that, so I wouldn't be playing this if it did.) And it's on Gamecube (which the Wii can play as well as long as you have a Gamecube remote)!! Woohoo!! So go on and buy your Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker today!! ;D P.S. It's also really cool if you have Action Replay, you can fly onto Valoo's (a dragon) head!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywwtoonlinkfan September 26, 2011

Not to be underrated

This game was rather violent for a cel-shaded game, but now, many violent cel-shaded games are being released. Anyway, this game is engrossing and will take you weeks to finish. Not to mention the graphics are very beautiful to look at. (Spoiler!) At the end, LInk stabs Ganon in the HEAD. That's rather violent for Nintendo, don't you think?
Teen, 15 years old Written byHouseOfAnubis01 July 26, 2011

a good game

This is my favorite game of all time. I mean the only thing I hate is how MAKAR cant walk himself through the duengons. But I love most of the glitched in this. During a cut seen today in the labrinth, A Redead was killing me, and a moblin comes up and smacks it during the cutscene. It was funny. Anyways fav game. And the person who compared Zelda to Annabeth from PJO, DO NOT COMPARE AWESOMENESS! PJO IS AWESOME!