All member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii Version)

Glitches make this Zelda just short of perfect.

Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 18, 2010

Quite possibly Nintendo's masterpiece. At the very least the greatest Zelda game ever.

I have not even finished the game yet and in just 3 hours of gameplay it completely overtook Ocarina of Time as the best Zelda game ever. Basically, everything that I wished I could do in Ocarina I can do in here. There is horseback sword fighting; insane boss battles with powerful graphics (for a Wii); rescue missions; rich and gripping storyline; great role models (namely Link, the studly elf dude on the cover); and.....the list goes on and on. It IS more violent and intense than previous Zelda titles. While there is actually hardly any blood (it is limited to red streaks on the horns of evil creatures, some gates, and black dots flying off of some evil creatures), there are moves that are a bit much for younger players such as being able to knock an enemy down and stab them to "finish them off". When you area wolf, you can bite a bird and thrash it to finish it (actually, every attack as a wolf deals with biting the evil creatures). Some boss battles also deal with stabbing giant eyes on the backs of slightly frightening bosses (such as an eel that is the size of 10 football fields). But yeah, basically the characters are a little more frightening and some of the fighting methods are more "graphic", but not gorey AT ALL. It may sound a bit intense, but it really is all subjective. Me and my 13 year old brother find this to be just fine for our age, but make sure it won't frighten your kids. It is definitely OFF for 0-9. Iffy for 10- some 12. And on for most 12+ There is a little bit of sexy stuff. There are great fairies in the game (they are what gave this game the one lip in the review above). I have not encountered them yet in gameplay, but the "sex" descriptor above refers to the great fairies because nothing else in the game could possibly qualify for it. If you want your child to avoid them (as I plan on doing), tell them to not go through "The Cave of Ordeals". After reading in online guidebooks, I have found that they are not required to interact with to finish the game, and you have to go out of your way to find them, so there's not much to worry about. Also, there is a milk bar owner who has a large and slightly revealing bosom, but other than that there is nothing else revealing, and she is only in the game for a few minutes. Link is a great role model, and so are some of the other characters. This is due to the fact that they risk their lives to save their friends and family to ensure their safety. Link is honest, noble, and inspires a child who is shy and picked on to become courageous (to the point of sacrificing [but surviving] himself to save one of the children who made fun of him). IN SHORT: this game rocks for the older Zelda fans who dawdled around with Ocarina of Time when we were 4 years old, or for the NES Zelda vets of the 80's. If you feel this game is too much for your kid, get them the game I've been clamoring about: Ocarina of Time. It is MUCH less intense than this game, and you can buy it on the Wii Shop channel for 1000 points ($10). Majora's Mask is also awesome, but it's darker and actually kind of creepy. Ocarina: 8+. Majora: 11+. Twilight: 12/13+
Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 4, 2012

One of the Best Zelda Games to Date!

I think this game is amazing, certainly one of the best games to date. This game has puzzles which can be very frustrating. In one puzzle you have to guide stone statues to their original state. This is probably the hardest and most educational puzzles in the game. I (personally) would use an online guidebook or walkthrough if you have not gotten through it in the first couple of tries. This puzzle is not avoidable and contains key parts to the story. Link is a great role model and he does things like jousting, guiding a young prince to a village and more, to save his friends and aquaintences. Many people rate this game for the sexual content indicator for the great fairy, a character that you don't have to interact with. However, there are a couple of characters that you have to interact with that are questionably dressed. One character specifically shows quite a bit of cleavage. Link also takes of his shirt off for maybe a minute in the game to sumo wrestle with another shirtless guy. Link uses arrows, bombs, a boomerang and a ball and chain (to swing over his head and hit ice and enemies with). There is a significant portion of the game where Link is transformed into a wolf to search for clues. A couple good alternatives to this game are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (ages 9+), Zelda: Spirit Tracks (ages 7+) and the first two Zelda's on the Wii Shop Channel ( ages both 8+). Overall this is a great game with a little bit of strange content. 10/10!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLanmola October 26, 2011

Not the best, but still incredeble!

I love all Zelda games,(CDi are not REAL Zelda games) this is not any different! It might be the lamest Zelda to date, but I'd still give it 4 stars out of 5! The game have a beautiful story you just CAN'T MISS, and it has an amazing game world. Gameplay is not the best i've seen though. It's pretty easy compared to other Zeldas, most likely becouse of these moves called "Hidden skills" and the way most upgrades are required to beat the game. For example the "Master sword" is four times as strong as the first "Wooden sword" and is needed to progress through the game while in the other Zelda games the "Golden sword" is a super strong sword that is super hard to get while the "Royal sword" is the only you needed. Positive messages could be that you help people a lot. There is some village kids in the begining of the game that are hunted by monters. You have to save them and get them home safely to their village. Also ESRB had a good reason to give this game T: some people might say theres no blood in it, but it is. At the first boss you can kill it using a "Hidden skill" resulting realisic looking, black coloured blood beam out of it's eye. Theres also two gates that are stained with realisic, red blood. Two of these "Hidden skills" are a bit violent: "Finishing blow" where you drive the sword through the enemy's heart, killing it, and the "Mortal draw" where you spin and cut the enemy's head of, though the head won't really fly of, it does hit at the throat. Gannondorf, the evil guy gets a sword driven through his heart twice. A cut scene features creepy images, where a group of wizzards gets sealed away: the leader screams, the camera zooming in at his face, and then the place where they stood is empty... I'd like to call it the perfect inrtodiction for new players to the series! (My english is not too good, sorry)
Teen, 13 years old Written byDogintheKitchen March 22, 2015

PARENTS AND TEENS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THESE GAMES!!

OKAY! Almost all teens say that this game is just fine and alright, and I got to say, it's an amazing game to play and enjoy. But there are few setbacks that I think every Christian needs to stop before deciding to jump into gameplay. This game is set up in a world full of magic, demons, and fairies. Very muchlike of celtic culture. With all the pagan symbolism and witchcraft, is enough for a definite "NO!" for people of all ages. I personally love legend of Zelda, but I do not participate in any games or anything having to do with it anymore. I have experienced definite spiritual "links"(HAR HAR) from the game. Just being in the sam eroom with a legend of Zelda game. I used to have nightmares, but after I removed the games from my room, POOF they were gone! SO please take into careful consideration that this game has an UNLIMITED source of magic witchcraft, spirits, demons and ancient powers that our hero encounters and USES for the WHOLE GAME. He gets turned into a wolf (Which actually seems prett cool, but it's witchcraft.) for Pete's sake! SOrry for my tirade but I believe parents and teens alike NEED to know this stuff. HAve a great day!
Kid, 9 years old February 27, 2013

9 & up just because of the difficulty.

I like this game but at the same time really challenging, i had to go to youtube and see a walk through of it. (video olizandri zelda) It is a kid portal as it has puzzles and mini bosses and codes and all sorts of fun stuff. One of my teachers recommended it to me and the same one that recommended this website, he's a IT teacher so my mum obviously said "sure". i recommended it 9 & up purely for the difficulty.
Parent of a 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byOcelot December 8, 2009

ZELDA IS THE BEST

any game with the word Zelda on it BUY IT Instant classic second only to Ocarina of Time, but my only piece of criticism is it can sometimes be a scary game.
Adult Written bySir Atrus April 9, 2008

Concerned Parents: Don't Panic!!

I am writing this review in response to the concerns of a parent of one of my students. I am a private music teacher and my students and their parents know that I am deeply involved in the videogame industry as an informed consumer, and value my opinions as such. I have played through Twilight Princess twice now, and would like to make my opinion known. After reading all of the reviews that have been posted on this site (primarily by adults and by CS.org), I would like to refute the statements made about the "bar" and "sexual content" issues. The bar that is made reference to by CS on their main page is merely a travelers pub, owned by a woman who is portrayed as a busty, loudmouthed jolly person with a strong personality. Her chest is a bit revealing, but in no way more revealing than the billboards that scatter the roadways and mainstream media. As for the "bar" she runs, the bottles that are strewn about, are not glass, but opaque bottles of any type liquid. If you are making a decision to let your child play this game, I would first, and only, look towards the depicted cartoon violence as the deciding factor. A sensible teen will view these "bar-like" factors for what they are, part of the artwork. To me, most games have a large artistic component, and should be interpreted in a way that takes its artistry into consideration. I hope this was helpful and I will post again soon! -Sir Atrus
Parent Written byredrose64 January 3, 2012

Great game!

It's a fantastic adventure game. You go through level by level earning new tools to solve great puzzles. The map is amazing for people who like exploring. I think the game is quite suitable for teenagers. It has no blood or gore but it has sword fighting although i don't believe it's too harsh. Some characters have revealing outfits. One is a bar tender. Another is a fairy whose hair covers her breasts , but as a lot of mermaids in fairytales show the same outfit so i think thats fine. If you've raised your child properly i think its fine when their 13, even 12 if your child is used to fantasy violence and scary scenes. There is one scene though in the level "Snowpeak ruins" when the character meets the boss who is a yeti who has been posessed. Her eyes are red and she 'jumps' infront of the screen. This may cause nightmares for some. Other wise i recomend this game to everyone. It has great problem solving aspects and a ongoing storyline. Overall a really good adventure game
Parent of a 6 year old Written bylsdbird September 3, 2010

superb for older kids

I love this game because it had cool graphics and becomes my game of the year 2006.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAirlocke June 21, 2010

AWESOMENESS!!! XD

omg this was my favorite of all Zelda games!!! it's soooo fun to play! GREAT game! get it now! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 2, 2014

Good game

Has some violence with sword play and stabbing, along with bow and arrows, bombs etc. but should be fine for tweens and up. No language, but some cutscenes may scare really young kids. 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com July 4, 2013

wwtoonlinkfan also lies about this zelda game. he thinks its for 18 years olds but its for 13.

this zelda game is a bit darker then the early ones but its not that bad and good for 13 and up
Teen, 16 years old Written bybethroxy November 20, 2010

This game is perfection.

Great game. One of the best Zeldas, coming close to Ocarina of Time. A great game for kids with hardly any real violence involved :)
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2010

AWESOME!!!

I have it and it's not boring at all. Great graphics. But some parts of the game, like when you have to get the Master Sword and Get the Zora Prince to Kakariko Village are hard, but overall, fun! The bosses can be confusing if you don't know what to do, but Midna sometimes gives you hints or something. I can't wait for the next game!
Adult Written byhatredsheep April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byLonewolf gaming December 11, 2015

My personal favorite

Probably the best Zelda game in the series it uses a transition from Link into wolf Link which grants him more speed, agility, and faster and larger group attacks. This was my first Zelda game and I remember my 9 year old self waking op on the weekends and playing this game over and over again even after I had beaten it. Link was the guy who has always been my role model and he made me want to be a hero and fight for the people I care about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnvironment October 20, 2015
This is my most favorite video game of all time! It is so beautiful, and awe-inspiring. This is a somewhat violent, slightly gruesome game, but is not inappropriate, for the monsters are non-human and their blood (if any) is black or green. However, this is an addicting game, which may cause teens to play it for hours or beg to at least. And, there are some parts that keep you on edge when you know something bad might happen, so just be aware. I would recommend, even if you're thirteen, playing the beginning of the action-parts with a friend, if you haven't played monster games before, because I was so on edge and scared of the monsters at first, but it took a day to get used to them. Anyways, this game is appropriate, awesome, and THE best. (P.S. very mild bad words, like idiot, shut up, etc.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTyronBash2219 July 18, 2015

Underrated Zelda refines everything introduced in ocarina and windwaker

This is my favourite game period it has a dark yet engrossing story that many games lack. I can see how the game receives a huge red flag over its intense fantasy violence ( in 2 cut scenes it shows the main antagonist being driven through by a sword. There s some black blood once you beat bosses and these bosses are big and creepy I mean there of course our are twilight Lord zant and demon king of the gerudo ganondorf an beasts like a giant spider and an armoured black Dragon. The dungeons are dark mysterious and expansive and well frustrating at times. You also have your companion midna who is the mysterious twilight princess true leader of the twili. You also have a new wolf form that was awesome but was not perfect I mean the bug hunts were boring. And now my verdict it is as I said the best zelda and one of Nintendo's greatest achievements.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPersonthatisawesome May 29, 2015

Awesome game!

I think this game has an awesome concept that people 11+ will love
Teen, 13 years old Written byscarbt02 March 19, 2015

Best game I have ever played!

I have played a number of amazing games like the halo series and the batman arkham series ect.. But this is still my favourite game of all time. Do not listen to the review, I have played this game so many times over and not encountered any glitches. I even tested the saving in the cannon room theory made up by this website and, SURPRISE, they got it wrong again. Quite a complex storyline, that younger kids may find hard to understand and a couple of scary scenes, but it should be fine for kids 9 plus and provide hours of fun.