All teen and kid member reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii Version)

Teen, 13 years old Written byLanmola October 26, 2011

Not the best, but still incredeble!

I love all Zelda games,(CDi are not REAL Zelda games) this is not any different! It might be the lamest Zelda to date, but I'd still give it 4 stars out of 5! The game have a beautiful story you just CAN'T MISS, and it has an amazing game world. Gameplay is not the best i've seen though. It's pretty easy compared to other Zeldas, most likely becouse of these moves called "Hidden skills" and the way most upgrades are required to beat the game. For example the "Master sword" is four times as strong as the first "Wooden sword" and is needed to progress through the game while in the other Zelda games the "Golden sword" is a super strong sword that is super hard to get while the "Royal sword" is the only you needed. Positive messages could be that you help people a lot. There is some village kids in the begining of the game that are hunted by monters. You have to save them and get them home safely to their village. Also ESRB had a good reason to give this game T: some people might say theres no blood in it, but it is. At the first boss you can kill it using a "Hidden skill" resulting realisic looking, black coloured blood beam out of it's eye. Theres also two gates that are stained with realisic, red blood. Two of these "Hidden skills" are a bit violent: "Finishing blow" where you drive the sword through the enemy's heart, killing it, and the "Mortal draw" where you spin and cut the enemy's head of, though the head won't really fly of, it does hit at the throat. Gannondorf, the evil guy gets a sword driven through his heart twice. A cut scene features creepy images, where a group of wizzards gets sealed away: the leader screams, the camera zooming in at his face, and then the place where they stood is empty... I'd like to call it the perfect inrtodiction for new players to the series! (My english is not too good, sorry)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 4, 2012

One of the Best Zelda Games to Date!

I think this game is amazing, certainly one of the best games to date. This game has puzzles which can be very frustrating. In one puzzle you have to guide stone statues to their original state. This is probably the hardest and most educational puzzles in the game. I (personally) would use an online guidebook or walkthrough if you have not gotten through it in the first couple of tries. This puzzle is not avoidable and contains key parts to the story. Link is a great role model and he does things like jousting, guiding a young prince to a village and more, to save his friends and aquaintences. Many people rate this game for the sexual content indicator for the great fairy, a character that you don't have to interact with. However, there are a couple of characters that you have to interact with that are questionably dressed. One character specifically shows quite a bit of cleavage. Link also takes of his shirt off for maybe a minute in the game to sumo wrestle with another shirtless guy. Link uses arrows, bombs, a boomerang and a ball and chain (to swing over his head and hit ice and enemies with). There is a significant portion of the game where Link is transformed into a wolf to search for clues. A couple good alternatives to this game are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (ages 9+), Zelda: Spirit Tracks (ages 7+) and the first two Zelda's on the Wii Shop Channel ( ages both 8+). Overall this is a great game with a little bit of strange content. 10/10!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDogintheKitchen March 22, 2015

PARENTS AND TEENS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THESE GAMES!!

OKAY! Almost all teens say that this game is just fine and alright, and I got to say, it's an amazing game to play and enjoy. But there are few setbacks that I think every Christian needs to stop before deciding to jump into gameplay. This game is set up in a world full of magic, demons, and fairies. Very muchlike of celtic culture. With all the pagan symbolism and witchcraft, is enough for a definite "NO!" for people of all ages. I personally love legend of Zelda, but I do not participate in any games or anything having to do with it anymore. I have experienced definite spiritual "links"(HAR HAR) from the game. Just being in the sam eroom with a legend of Zelda game. I used to have nightmares, but after I removed the games from my room, POOF they were gone! SO please take into careful consideration that this game has an UNLIMITED source of magic witchcraft, spirits, demons and ancient powers that our hero encounters and USES for the WHOLE GAME. He gets turned into a wolf (Which actually seems prett cool, but it's witchcraft.) for Pete's sake! SOrry for my tirade but I believe parents and teens alike NEED to know this stuff. HAve a great day!
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com July 4, 2013

wwtoonlinkfan also lies about this zelda game. he thinks its for 18 years olds but its for 13.

this zelda game is a bit darker then the early ones but its not that bad and good for 13 and up
Teen, 16 years old Written bybethroxy November 20, 2010

This game is perfection.

Great game. One of the best Zeldas, coming close to Ocarina of Time. A great game for kids with hardly any real violence involved :)
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2010

AWESOME!!!

I have it and it's not boring at all. Great graphics. But some parts of the game, like when you have to get the Master Sword and Get the Zora Prince to Kakariko Village are hard, but overall, fun! The bosses can be confusing if you don't know what to do, but Midna sometimes gives you hints or something. I can't wait for the next game!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAirlocke June 21, 2010

AWESOMENESS!!! XD

omg this was my favorite of all Zelda games!!! it's soooo fun to play! GREAT game! get it now! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTyronBash2219 July 18, 2015

Underrated Zelda refines everything introduced in ocarina and windwaker

This is my favourite game period it has a dark yet engrossing story that many games lack. I can see how the game receives a huge red flag over its intense fantasy violence ( in 2 cut scenes it shows the main antagonist being driven through by a sword. There s some black blood once you beat bosses and these bosses are big and creepy I mean there of course our are twilight Lord zant and demon king of the gerudo ganondorf an beasts like a giant spider and an armoured black Dragon. The dungeons are dark mysterious and expansive and well frustrating at times. You also have your companion midna who is the mysterious twilight princess true leader of the twili. You also have a new wolf form that was awesome but was not perfect I mean the bug hunts were boring. And now my verdict it is as I said the best zelda and one of Nintendo's greatest achievements.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPersonthatisawesome May 29, 2015

Awesome game!

I think this game has an awesome concept that people 11+ will love
Teen, 13 years old Written byscarbt02 March 19, 2015

Best game I have ever played!

I have played a number of amazing games like the halo series and the batman arkham series ect.. But this is still my favourite game of all time. Do not listen to the review, I have played this game so many times over and not encountered any glitches. I even tested the saving in the cannon room theory made up by this website and, SURPRISE, they got it wrong again. Quite a complex storyline, that younger kids may find hard to understand and a couple of scary scenes, but it should be fine for kids 9 plus and provide hours of fun.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2015

i love it but gets iffy for younger ones

sword action but link is always helps people some sexy stuff once or twice only drinking is with potions
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesse W March 8, 2015

Playable Greatness

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is quite possibly the best video game ever made. However, you should know that it doesn't get good until an hourish in. but once it gets good, grab the tissue box, there are a couple emotional cutseens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycharger30 March 1, 2015

twilight the best

The plot is amazing it is about a twili named minds and her journey with link to save the light and twilight worlds.gameplay is great graphics okay plot the best
Teen, 14 years old Written bysilv3rsing3r November 26, 2014

Fun Game

This is the first game I ever played, when I was six and seven. A specific monster, the skull lizalfos, game me the creeps (and nightmares once or twice) so I'd recommend this be for 10 and up. The puzzle solving was really interesting and battles required a lot of strategizing, so the game makes you think a lot. There are lots of side quests and open-world exploration, so the player can look around. It's a pretty long game, and most areas aren't particularly difficult.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZelda64L November 17, 2014

Twilight Princess is great game, though it can get slightly dark for younger audiences.

I first played this game when I was 6 when my father went out to buy a brand new Wii 8 years ago. The gameplay is somewhat difficult and makes you think quite a lot; your child may be asking for help sometimes. The story and atmosphere of the game can be dark at times and there are some female characters with somewhat risque outfits, but it's not all that bad. The secondary-villain can be very disturbing, especially to younger children. He is menacing and completely unpredictable, and there are moments where kids could be very scared at his presence. There are some upsetting character deaths (although most come back by magic, they are still upsetting death scenes.) and some scenes that imply the death of others, though they are never fully confirmed to be dead. There is one major, and decently long, cutscene that takes place near the early middle that is, even to me at age 14, considered very disturbing and weird. It includes death imagery (though it is implied for the most part.) but one character in this scene attempts to attack the player with a knife only to be freeze in shock while the screen cuts to white. It is then assumed that Link, the character who you play as, had killed the person who attacked with a knife. Dark themes and scary images are common in this game and can frighten young children. There is also more violence then in most other games in this series. But it should not be over looked as a game that children ten years and older would enjoy. Also, keep in mind that certain younger children can enjoy this too, seeing as to how I enjoyed it very much when I was but a 6 year old girl Wonderful game with a wonderful story, and an overall wonderful video game series. (P.S. it should be noted that this game can be played on the Wii as well as the WiiU. Also, there is a version available for the Game Cube [because, you know, kids no-a-days have a Game Cube.])
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2014

Great gaME

I Wish you could actually talk.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCristina H October 8, 2014

Very Good Game, But be Careful

This game was very good, but could be pretty violent, dark, and scary at times. Some of the enmities and many of the bosses were the cause of that. For example, I really thought that the bosses Fyrus and Morpheel were pretty scary. There are a few others besides them. There were also a few parts that were kind of inappropriate. Like, there was one character, named Telma, who had a pretty low-cut shirt. She only appears a few times in the game, though. There's also the fairies, who don't have any clothes at all, although I've read that their hair covers what shouldn't be seen. I avoided going to them- (since you don't have to to beat the game)- by reading where they are located. If you want to avoid them as well, they are in Gerudo Desert in a hole near where you move the piece of the bridge back to the Bridge Elden or somewhere close to there. Then there's the Poes. There's a side quest for them, but you don't have to complete it. You can defeat Poes by going into Wolf Mode, attacking them until they fall to the ground, then take their soul. I found this to be VERY DARK. I know this is just a game, but I still feel this to one of the darkest things in Twilight Princess. Anyway, there are a few times when you have to kill Poes to a few to progress through the game. I HATED doing those parts. I think it's only 5 or 6. There are a few where it seems that you have to do it, like this one in Snowpeak Ruins. But, you don't have to! It may take a couple tries, but you CAN avoid killing them if you keep trying! Other than these things, I loved this game. The story and the good characters were amazing! Although, I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone under 12. I hope this review helps.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2014

Read my name and the rest of my review won't even matter.

This game gets WAY too much hatred. This is one of the best Zelda games ever, and Zelda is one of the best series ever! This is up there with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask! If you're a die-hard Zelda fan like me, this game will not disappoint! With the use of a walk-through and a lot of patience, this game should be a breeze. While I have not played the Game Cube version, the Wii version is perfection...so how different could the GC version be? There is some consumerism, but that's life! And if people are worried that there is too much drinking, I would love know when soup became bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 2, 2014

Good game

Has some violence with sword play and stabbing, along with bow and arrows, bombs etc. but should be fine for tweens and up. No language, but some cutscenes may scare really young kids. 11+
Teen, 16 years old Written byTimeBomb August 2, 2014

May be too violent, dark and sexual for younger teens

Rated: ON 14+ IFFY 13- OFF 9- for intense scenes of fantasy violence, scary sequences and some brief nudity.