All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

High-intensity play enjoyable for teen LOTR fans.

Teen, 14 years old Written byxcolossal April 9, 2008

Great Game........

This is a great game. I think it should have a blood warning on the back of the game. I'm not sure, but it looks like blood comes out whenever you hit someone.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 8, 2012

Great game, and you don't need to like the movie to like the game, and vice versa.

This game has great graphics, though there is at times the camera issue. of course, there is a lot of killing, but no blood, and potentially scary images, like iron helmets on disgusting goo- like heads. Violence solves all issues here, of course. plus, characters infrequently say things like "Death to you all!" and "Yes! Death is our name!", but no profanity except one insult of "possessed"
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2011

game boy

was this on gameboy? click help me deicde if you think so read my mind if not.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEzio432 February 24, 2011

A classic game

This game is great! Or.....great by 2003's standards! Gameplay is good, not as good as some of the games today like Assassin's Creed though. Game is short but has some replay value, and you can play online(but it is not wireless). CSM said 14+?? Seriosly? This game is for 10+! or maybe iffy but completely appropiate! no dismemberment and no blood(or some but very unnoticable and orcs have unrealistic black blood) so it isn't very bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflare77 April 9, 2009

14+??

I think i first played this game when i was 9 or 10
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamefan December 2, 2008

Idk how i got 14

my 6 year old brother plays it there is barely any blood in it and the violence isn't bad at all
Teen, 16 years old Written bymsp23 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Great game... not to violent, either.

The fellow that reviewed this game was right that it was a great improvement over the previous game, "The Two Towers", but this game does not contain ANY "graphic violence". I think a younger child could handle most of the violence, though a little child wouldn't enjoy the game. No sex, cussing, crude jokes or anything. I would say definitely that this game is reccomended for ages 9 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

11+ very good game

There is a lot of violence in this game but that's the only thing to question. Otherwise this is a very well put together game with morals.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySam_Fisher April 9, 2008

Return of the King is further proof that with some real effort on the part of the developer, movie-based video games can really be quite entertaining. This is a hack-and-slash (similar to, though more in-depth than Dynasty Warriors, for those of you familiar with that game). Like most in the genre, it gets a little repetitive after a while, though certainly still bearable. Like I said, there's more depth here than typically found (though dissapointingly less than the Two Towers game) with meaningful combos and intuitive controls. The only game issue I have is the fact that the difficulty level tends to flip-flop a lot. Sometimes it's really easy, and sometimes it can get maddeningly frustrating. Approrpiateness-wise, there's a good amount of medieval swordplay violence, a little less worse than that found in the movies, so if you've seen those and are okay with it, you'll be fine here. Nothing else otherwise.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviereviewer April 9, 2008

Great Game!

This is through and through the best game based on a movie ever. Most games based on movies are horrible but this one is hard and fun.This game is good for 11+.
Adult Written byNightshade April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byBobb April 9, 2008

Great action game, but don't expect a movie clone

This is a great action game, and it captures the spirit of the lord of the rings battles well, but don't expect the same kind of thing as the movie.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Great game

This is one of the best games ever (one level has black blood from orcs) okay for kids 7+.

Fun Fun Fun 4 ages 10+!

what i dont get is how this game got 14+ and the movies got 10+. While there is a lot of battle-violence, its against very dark orcs which arent nearly as creepy as in the movies. i know a 6-year old who plays it and isnt scarred at all by it. Overall, it is very cool game for preetens.

Pretty good game