All member reviews for The Movies

Creative, but lots of bad behavior -- teens-up.

Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2011

drugs drunk rehab war and fun!
Adult Written byTrue Review September 6, 2010

Great for tweens

hell i'd let my kid get it great game!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySummerGlau March 26, 2010

Powerful Tool, Great Game, Time Waster.

My god, why WOULDN'T I show this to my kids? There is nothing wrong. Nothing at all. All the violence is fake if you think about it. And oh boo-hoo. They kiss. So? SO? Your kids see you kiss their daddy or mommy every day. Why not just see fake people do it? Anyways, I find this very helpful, in fact, I made a whole web series using it. Bada-bing. ~~~Summer Glau
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 July 11, 2009

It all depends what you do

they're is language, violence and everything like that. But only if u make that type of movie

What ever you want it to be rated

Look, it really is not that bad, you only make it as violent, stupid, romantic, funny, or however you want it. The only bad part is never EVER tell your kid about the new modding websites if you do not want them to see bad stuff, because some people make it so stars are naked, bloody knives, blood puddles, etc. it will be ok just as long as you don't tell them about those sites.
Adult Written byAllStarMom April 9, 2008

a Great Game

this Game rocks! i love it and its not for kids under 10. shure thares a little voilence and sex and drugs, but if those things were not in the game, how could you make the movies that you wanna make.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizziogirl April 9, 2008

Good stuff !!!!!!!!!!!

This game is just the best you will ever play !!!!!!!!! i would highly recommend it too anyone over the age of six as it is hard too get the hang of at first !
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

The Funnest game ever!

Adult Written bysandywabbit April 9, 2008

LOVE IT!!!!!

How would you make movies without all those things that are supposovly "wrong" listed. the only movie you could make would be called the boring bunny that rode the bring horse.
Adult Written byMovieLover101 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bylosersayswhat? April 9, 2008

This game is awsome!

In my opinion, this game is for kids 10 and older. there is a little alcholol and drunkeness but that is totally not an issue. there is violence but not graphic violence. but this game is really fun and whoever gets it will be playing it to years on end!
Adult Written bypiglet1950 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byBobb April 9, 2008

Good game, short lasting appeal

Great game for wannabe film-makers, but quickly becomes frustrating and a little stale.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynovablast101 April 9, 2008

This game is awesome!

If you're a wannabe film maker like me, then you'll love this game! This game gives you so many options on how to make great movies. It teaches you how to pretty much deal with money (the sets and all the other buildings cost money). The game only gets better with The Movies: Stunts and Effects expansion pack. Both kids and adults love this game. just buy it, have a great time with it. It is a little hard to get the hang of, so i recommend this to kids 10 and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysaintcharlie1 April 9, 2008

it was cool

I was personally looking foward to thias game and thought it was so fun but u need a mic if you want to ADD ur voice which is way better then subtitles

When I first saw this game, I was interested. A movie video game in the vein of the Sims? I wanted this game to work, but I knew it wouldn't. And it did, much to my surprise! Be warned parents, this game lets you make the movies, and some scenes have sex, violence, and drugs. Other than that, this game will keep you addicted for quite a long time, and I highly recommend it!

A great game where it's all up to you!

This game is soooooo much fun! but it can be very bad, 1. the violence is what you make it but you can make stars shoot, punch, kick, stab, drown, and strangle each other. 2. the language is what you make it, one of the actions your stars can do is called a-s kick,I hear the radio anouncer say d--n once or twice. 2. the sexual themes are what you make em, and you can make em perty bad! 3. you can put drinking/smoking in your movies, if your stars are discuraged they will drink, and get drunk So this game is really good and if you've always wanted to make movies, and you're a fan of the sims this is the game for you!