All member reviews for The Simpsons: Hit & Run

A tamer, sillier alternative to Grand Theft Auto.

Kid, 9 years old November 19, 2009

game is fun if you are 9 or older.

this game is so awesome.It contains mild language. no uses of f*ck or bi**h.the worst is the occasional use of dum*ss.other than that there is words like stupid,fat,i*iot and jerk.Violence is mostly from driving where you can:hit people, run over people and ocasionally cause explosions.You can also kick people.
Adult Written byHoward Edison December 21, 2012

great alternative to GTA

Dude I'm A older teen!and it's a pretty good game!
Teen, 17 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 December 7, 2012

If your kids can handle the humor here maturely, they can easily handle the Simpsons

In the Simpsons hit and run, life in Springfield used to be normal. However, since a new soda has been introduced, everyone has gone insane. In level 1, we go through an easy portion in the evergreen terrace where Homer Simpson has forgotten a few things. After a slightly disturbing introduction to the level, he has to run a few errands. Unfortunately, he discovers that he is being watched, and asks his boss about it. The next level stars Bart Simpson attempting to get a violent game by skipping school. His tasks revolve around helping the local Professor complete a monster truck. Unfortunately, he gets abducted by an alien ship. Than Lisa Simpson decides she needs to set out in the next level to find him. Her missions are revolving around attempting to save Bart. Meanwhile, the next level shows Marge figuring out the cola was medicated illegally and figuring out a crop circle. Shortly after, Apu decides to help in the next level in various ways. Meanwhile, Bart tries to undermine the plans of the aliens, and succeeds. Finally, Homer saves the world. As for role models, no one changes from the show. Not much suggestive content is involved, but a few costumes up for purchase are not the best. The language in here is a little stepped up from the show’s choice. This consists mostly of complaining, minor cursing, and than some insults. However, some lines are just intended to make us laugh. Generally, the biggest issue I have is how much characters complain. Violence is a big issue. Plenty of the levels revolve around car chases, destroying other cars, and a few other things spout up here and there. The game allows you to hijack cars, destroy cars, destroy robotic bees, rear end other cars and characters, kick characters, and destroy other people’s property. However, this nasty, fowl, and uncalled for behavior does not go without consequences. If enough crime is committed, a hit and run is started up. A hit and run is when somebody calls the cops up, and they chase you in car or on foot, and if they manage to stop you themselves, you are fined 50 coins. If you manage to escape without starting up another calamity, you get off scotch free. Meanwhile, another concern I have is about a cola being chucked directly into an evil plan. Aliens have drugged the colas and when Krusty the Clown (Springfield’s local celebrity) says he is endorsing it, he says it’s not dangerous to anyone (and played for humor, a sped up disclaimer voice says “that we know of”), which is deceptive advertising. The reason it is drugged is so that the aliens’ reality show “foolish earthlings” gets better ratings and makes people act stupid. The only other concern I have is how rude the mayor acts to the situation. Since the bees are filming everyone, the mayor understands that they are filming private places in public areas, and he wants the footage just for his need of suggestive content to be fulfilled. However, if your kids want to start watching the Simpsons, this game is perfect. If they can handle this humor, they can handle the Simpsons. Also, the quality of the game is amazing! I recommend this game turned off for kids 10 and younger, pause for kids 11, on for kids 13 years old! Have fun saving Springfield with the Simpsons & and then watch the Simpsons (on fox, Hulu, or the movie)!
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2011

ESRB Makes an Error Again

Why is The ESRB say it's for Teens when its Aimed at Tweens? I Say It's Good No F Bombs Queer that The ESRB did this. Ages 2-5 Off, Ages 6-8 Iffy, Ages 9+ On. My Rating: E10+
Adult Written bygidge April 9, 2008
Kid, 9 years old January 4, 2011

THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN

its fun and if you get in to much trouble then the cops will chase you. play as bart homer lisa marge and apu.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydoper December 8, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCSM Screen name... April 9, 2008

i love it

this g ame is so much fun
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesomeE11 April 19, 2014

Great Alternative For Younger Kids

This game has a GTA like feel, but with all the adult themes removed. The violence is minimal as there is no blood or gore. The only violence is running over people and kicking them with ragdoll physics. There is not much cursing, with the cursing being things like dumb ass and hell which is not even close to what kids hear in school. Overall, a wonderful game if your younger child is begging for GTA but not ready for it yet
Adult Written bybaleighsdad April 9, 2008

Great game for me - questionable for pre-teens

If you love the Simpsons, you'll love Hit and Run. If you think the Simpsons is appropriate for your kids to watch, you'll probably be okay with Hit and Run.H&R is task driven (drive here, pick this up, drive there, talk to this character), with the missions being fairly amusing and simple for the most part. Players can also examine the various areas of Springfield when not on missions.Be aware that the characters can do things that may not be appropriate (run over characters, kick characters, destroy property). I thought these were hilarious, but might not be the best thing for pre-teens. The good part is that nobody gets hurt -characters that get knocked over get up and make a comment - it's definately Bugs Bunny type violence. Some of the language can be salty - the worst is Homer uses "jerkass" quite a bit. So YMMV.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMedia45 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjtnmom April 9, 2008

Fun game

i like this game. if you like destroying lampposts and mail boxes ect. this game is right for you. if you don't like long and hard to beat games this is not the one for you. it is not completely like the show, but you have a pre-driving lesson because your car can explode so you have to drive carefully. fasten your seat belts.
Kid, 0 years old August 2, 2016

The game is alright

But it is very hard. When you fail a task, it reverts back to the start of the mission.
Kid, 7 years old August 16, 2013

better than grand theft auto

very good but violent better than grand theft auto and has no sex but words like sexy ass but is for kids and cars can explode you can get busted by police ride or kick people and fire
Kid, 10 years old May 12, 2013

simpsons hit & run

it's an awesome game! it does say some bad words, like the d word, a word, the other d word and thats it but it's a good game where you can walk and drive and explore in an open world. you can steal cars, it's not like grand theft auto like it says, no blood, no guns, no sexual stuff, it does say "sexy" but doesn't have anything about it. the bad words it says is learn to drive you dumbass, dammit i dropped my cabob, eat ass bone assbone eaters, son of a biss, and what in the hell were you thinking. but everyone will like it, because of all the great cars, exploring, and missions. its great for kids!
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2013

GREAT GAME

This is a great game. Language is not heard often. Pretty much the only thing I've heard is Homer saying, "Learn to drive jerka--!" or Bart saying "Eat a--!," but I rarely hear language. The game has a cheat code called drunk mode where your screen is wavy and blurry.
Teen, 16 years old Written bynelylopez123 March 3, 2013

Review for The Simpsons: Hit and Run

Ok or pre-teens and up but to much alcohol reference, some language, suggestive and crude humor, and cartoon violence. Not for kids 12 and under.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

I recommend this game to any fan of The Simpsons!

I have fun when I play this game on my Playstation 2 (I also have a Wii,an XBOX 360,and a Nintendo DS).It's a really cool game!
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2012

brilliant game!!

very good game, when common sense says you can run people over, you can but there is no blood and they don't die, they just role around on the floor for 5 seconds, but yes you can hit people but the same thing happens. suitable for 7 but kids from 4-7 you may want to watch them play first