All member reviews for The Sims 3: Ambitions

Teen, 15 years old Written bylizzaaay July 12, 2010

Great and Educational for Kids of any Age.

In my opinion, this game is fantastic - it does not promote bad messages, whoever said it does they're wrong because sex and all the other bits are natural and your kids are going to have to learn about it sooner or later, so it might as well be in game form. Plus, they go under the covers so you honestly don't see any of it. Also, it promotes good messages, kids will learn to make the links: if you don't treat people nicely then they won't be nice to you etc. and so they learn to be responsable and nice even though its in a game form. Thinking about it its a brilliant game for any kids.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

Well I've Played it only Once but my friend has the game she loves it. She says IT'S BAD IF YOU MAKE IT BAD which i totaly agree you can't have sex on that without you wanting to. its a lot like real life so in a way its educational messages are positive if you have sex you get married later it's easy to play and scence its not online its safe. But scence it's around the sex thing it might be bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byteendream December 11, 2010

PERFECT 4 TEN AND UP

PPL THIS GAME IS THE BEST! I GOT IT WHEN I WAS 11 AND AM STILL PLAYING IT ( I NOW HAVE THE AMBITIONS EXPANSION PACK) THE SEXUALITY IS IN THE CONTROL OF THE KID THEY DON'T HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN SO I THINK THAT TEN AND UP CAN USE THIS AMAZING GAME!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byKikiKat December 1, 2010

Should be E-rated. :D

To be honest, you're wrong about the sex part. They do go under covers, but there's no moaning. It's just laughing and they make weird noises all the time. Another thing, they speak in Simlish, so at least there's no profanity involved. I play The Sims 3 and I've played every single Sims game since I was around 10 years old. This game is completely safe for your kids because the focus is on the professions and jobs; not the sexual content. If they're not looking for it, they won't find it. Simple as that. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 October 21, 2010

I've been playing the sims games since I was about 8, and there was iffy stuff in all of them. It didn't scar me for life or anything. I didn't catch on. I think that 15+ rating is a bit extreme. 14 year-olds are in high school, 9th grade, and took health class 2 years ago. You should hear the things they say! Worse than any media can teach them. I think they can handle sims 3.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2014

Awesome Expansion Pack!

This EP is awesome. I have all kinds of different careers for my Sims. This game introduces the Education career, Firefighter career, the Architect career, and more. The town that comes with it, Twinbrook, is one of my favorite Sim worlds.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJohn2345 April 18, 2014

Good game but moral issues

Other than the sexual part of this game it is great
Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2014

ambitious child result

As it is ambition expansion pack it comes with lots of jobs is chose 4+ cos in uk children start school at 4 and they start to decide what they will do with theyre life this helps them decide fire fighter or stylist?They choose!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFluffyOneBunny16 November 5, 2012

LEARNING

For ages 10 and uppp

i think its for only ages 10 because they wanna know why its not disgusting to get married and have a baby (for kids who thinks its disgusting) so they can learn family life. :o)
Kid, 9 years old May 14, 2012

Gameplay great, but your kids will get in trouble

Only okay. Gameplay was awesome, but I got in trouble for making my Sim a ghost. Also, very sexual.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysweetheart27 February 13, 2012

Great Game!

The game is perfect for children that are trustworthy. The game teaches kids how to spend wisely and take care of others. As long as the child is trustworthy, the game is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBONES&BOOTH4EVER August 6, 2011

AWESOME

Fantastic expansion pack that lets players control their sims jobs, very fun and fine for kids
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2011

Good for those wanting more interaction.

This expansion pack increases sims options, allowing them to do interactive jobs, such as a Fireman or even a Ghostbuster. They can die and "Woo-Hoo" as usual, and you should take note that the Tatooist career does allow players to make custom designs, meaning that unsuitable designs could be designed, although the EA police means they can't be uploaded.
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2011

Good for tweens and up.

Parents should know that I'm 11 and own this game. Sims can now be controlled at their jobs and most jobs are positive like fireman,detective,stylist,sculpture and more. My only concern sexual behavior, but no new behavior is added from the original game. Sims can have different relationships with other sims such as spouse, girlfriends and boyfriends and also others. Sims can go under the covers and "woohoo" as the game calls it. No nudity is shown but some moaning and groaning is followed. You need the original sims 3 game to play this game and no new concerns are added from my point of view. Role models are up to the player as players can make them evil or good and much more. All in all this game is very good but if your concerned you can always look at your child's screen.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Good EP

Adds new jobs... that's it but is really fun to have it is worth buying.
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2010

What the heck?

I DID NOT KNOW YOU could drown in sims!! or get shocked and die!! my nannys niece came over and brought sims with her... UPDATE: Huh. Guess you can. Pretty good game, btw. SOOOO WEIRD
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2010

love it

love it
Teen, 14 years old Written bySiminIt July 1, 2010

Perfect for everyone

I love it it isnt inapropriate at all. I have no idea why its rated 15 on this website at all. I think it teaches people lessons and its educational in some ways. Like when kids stay out late the cops find them just like real life only maybe by your parents. Its an amazing game overall teaches you designing skills and how to raise a family :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho_am_i June 30, 2010