All member reviews for The Sims 3: Seasons

Expansion pack encourages outdoor activities all year long.

Learning(i)

Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent January 29, 2013

LEARNING

Amazing, NOT 15-and-up except for the base game!

The Sims 3 is a game both me and my ten-year-old daughter love. If you think I'm a bad mom, trust me when I say my daughter's Sims are forbidden to "Woohoo," and without that, the game works out nicely, even for fourth graders. I have to admit, I'm a bit irritated at Common Sense for not providing a better review of the expansion pack itself. The problem with their reviews is they're all fifteen and up, because of the sex, when that doesn't even have anything to do with said expansion pack. While The Sims 3 overall might be a 14-and-up, the truth is by limiting your kid to certain interactions -- or just figuring they've either heard it all before or don't necessarily know what going on anyway -- this game can be fairly harmless and a whole lot of fun. Seasons specifically is me and my daughter's second favourite (Generations is first) expansion pack, and it brings a lot of new things into gameplay. Winter is our favourite season, but loading the snow does often take the game a lot of extra power and increase slowness. We love the holidays (though we would have liked if you could had Christmas trees and menorahs and such) and love how there are many different opportunities for each -- you can stay home, throw generally one-two different kinds of parties (some overlap, such as feast parties fit in winter and fall, but costume parties also fit in fall and gift-giving parties also fit in winter), or attend a party at a non-active sim's house! The new clothes are nice, but they're mostly outerwear and jackets and the like. There is some new hair, but it's mostly winter caps, with just two new hair for women (one is very cute, the other VERY horrendous with curls at the bottom and not the top? It's weird.....). Anyway, overall, this expansion is really great! Don't listen to the 15-and-up, that's just the overall game, NOT this expansion. Come on, Common Sense, you can do better with that!
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great December 27, 2012

Ok for kids

Great game though you can have sex but it is super mild!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySwimmingWithTheSims December 8, 2012

SEASONS REVIEW: OVERLOOK ON EVERYTHING

I think The Sims franchise is the best. for myself. Kids 11 and under should not play this. The Sims 3 Seasons represent the different times of the year including dramatic weather effects. It still have the infamous "woohoo" and "try for baby" interaction. But hey, They need to know at one point :). But off topic, They have themed festivals for each seasons (summer,fall,winter,spring). Seasonal celebrations such as Leisure day (summer); sorta of an 4th of July celebration. Spooky day (fall) they called it spooky day because not everybody celebrates halloween. Snowflake day (Winter); a christmas because again, some people dont celebrate christmas. Love day (spring); Valentines day. A new interaction was added into the game, and it involves around love. Writing a love letter to your soul mate, but can't find anybody to love? there's the online dating accessed by the computer. So in conclusions, The Sims 3 Seasons is Worth buying since its $39.99 U.S. dollars. If you think your children are responsible for this game, go ahead and buy it for them. Thank you, SwimmingWithTheSims :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byblackroses November 19, 2012

Fine for teenagers

By age 12, your kid will know about sex and violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysmartsuzen November 27, 2012

learning

it is a very good and impressive game ,i think you should try it.
Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2013

The Best!

I love this expansion pack because it adds weather (which most of The Sims 3 fanbase have wanted since like 2009. There are kissing booths but not anything new for that in the "sex" category.
Kid, 8 years old June 3, 2013

It`s OK To Play The Sims 3 For Kids 7 And Up

I think its ok to play the sims 3 for 7 and up because i mean its only sex im 8 and i play it. As long as you child knows about sex it should be ok.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2014

LOVE!

The Sims 3 Seasons rocks. It introduces weather (it's awesome: changing leaves and leaf piles in the fall and snow in the winter and rain and hail and fog) and all new items and holidays (Love Day in spring, Leisure Day in summer, Spooky Day in fall, and Snowflake Day in winter. There is no school or work on holidays) and snow days (off from school when there's heavy snow in winter). There are seasonal festivals. Just love it all!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2014

Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2014

Sims 3 Just got a whole lot more exiting!

Wow!! Its amazing! There is just new ways to play! No sexual content unless you count woohoo witch is kissing!! Plus, no violence exept the odd fight now and again! You can opt out of this too. No bad langauge at all!Thay talk in a tottaly diffrent way, thay have mature thoughts too! In the exchange, you can download fun and exiting items for your sims to use (all of them mature!) Much more fun! 5/5!