All member reviews for The Sims 3

Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Age

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom July 10, 2010

Not a very mature game.

Sims is more boring than mature. This game is extremely overspoken about how mature the game actually is. Sure there are sexual scenes where you only hear and see the sheets moving, That isn't too bad. You can beat someone up in a cloud of dust so nothing is seen. Its rather educational in a way, Not the sleeping around but building houses and getting jobs. Its not mature by any means, I've been playing for a long time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMerlinFan17 December 28, 2010

Make a censored version, EA, and I would willingly pay 75 dollars

This game is ridiculously fun, however I opt out of playing it due to the *sometimes unavoidable* sexual stuff in it. My parents would kill me if they knew it had these options in it, not to mention I really don't want to play something with a chance of something so bad happening in view of my two younger siblings.
Adult Written byNico9000 May 2, 2010

SOME SEX AND LITTLE VIOLENCE.

Sex 7/10: players can have sex with other sims in bed and in hot tubs. the hot tub one is more graphic because you can turn the camera angle and see under water. the bed one is covered by blankets. the hot tub one is just blurry with jets on. you can also marry girls or boys being a girl marry a girl and boys can marry boys. when you shower your sims are nude but pixels block private parts. Violence 4: you can attack anyone including your spouse. it is covered though with smoke. you can slap anyone. that is not covered. language 1: some obscene finger gestures but they rarely appear. overall: 12/30
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 5, 2010

Sexual behaviour isn't that bad.

Young kids under 10 may like the look of this game. but do not buy it for them. It will confuse them in areas of the sexual parts. Woo-hoo and the bed is moving and the covers are going and noises are going on (: So its not really suitable for young kids. Violence is not violent at all. No blood or anything. When a fight happens there is a cloud of white smoke so you can't see the punch up anyway, the only thing that happens is the person he/she will fall to the ground. The bad thing is consumerism, yeah you normally see that as casual advertising but this is bad, Whereas you will get sims depressed on cheap things so its a bad role model only liking the most expensive, most luxery food and furniture. Suitable for over 10.
Parent of a 11 and 17 year old Written bySmileyface5351 January 22, 2011

Great! If your child is mature

My kids play this game and absolutely LOVE it! Though there are some concerns I have. My 11 year old is mature so I let her play it.As long as your child is mature I would say it would be ok.
Adult Written byVirtualLife August 4, 2009

Any Age Above Ten

Wow. Fifteen is late seriously. By fifteen most teens have already had THREE sex ed classes, not mentioning all the talk that goes around school. The violence...by thirteen most children have seen one or two fights around school so it's not like it's going to scar the child for the rest of the night. You can make a very good family that are perfect role models for children, like someone who has a job, got married, and had children. There are positive messages, like if you work hard you get a promotion. The game is safe as well as educational...I learned things from the Sims like that ratatouille is a real dish...Think I spelt it right. And it is very easy to play...especially with the help of cheats!
Parent of a 8 year old Written bymykidzrock March 23, 2010

if you play spore then you can FOR SURE play this. I think spore should be teen rated and The Sims 3 should be rated E 10. if you liked spore you will hate it after you play this so toss it in the closet and play The Sims 3!! you will prob need about 20gb just so it will run smoothly and you can have alot of games!
Adult Written byliveonlife June 3, 2009

Hey Parents!

Although this game has some of the same aspects of the previous installments it is alot more mild. I purchased this game at Best Buy yesterday for my 11 year old son. He is a big fan of the Sims franchise and I am too. I knew it would have some of the same things as the first and second Sims but in all honesty it is not as sexual as the first two. I was shocked but glad for my son's sake. Hey this game is no big deal parents and any kid over 10 should be perfectly fine with it. (It is no worse than most PG-13 movies).
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2010

For the most part, The Sims 3 could be an E-rated game. However, there are a few inappropriate parts in it, such as mild violence, and especially sexual references. If this feature were not included, it could be rated E-10. It also has mild peril, like fires in it. I got the game when I was almost 12, and I stay away from any T-rated parts in it. My 8-year old sister plays, but I constantly watch her to make sure she does nothing bad in the game. As long as young children stay away from any inappropriate things, the game is good for ages 10+. Children 6-9 should be watched while playing, and children 5 or below should not play at all. The game is completely worth it, though. The graphics are stunning and game-play is addicting. As you can see, I even have a sim as my avatar. If you feel comfortable with it, buy it and you won't regret it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 September 1, 2009

12-13+ frustrating for under 11-12...

great addicting game but for kids and little teens who do not understand sexuality, because it could get frustrating.. and kids playing it should know about same-sex love sexuality and marriage because surely he'll or she'll find out about it... and the make out thing and the woohoo and try for baby are like also frustrating for kids aged under 11-12... there's nothing visible caracters go under a blanket... i recommend this for ages 12-13 and up its a verry gd game...
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMuthrof4 June 1, 2010

It is safe and an educational game for any child!
Adult Written byMy Name Is Zee February 27, 2013

Ages 12-15+

I strongly disagree that this game is bad, I've played this game since the first version of the game and the second also (The Sims, The Sims 2). But, I won't lie and say this game is for everyone, because it's not, it's rated T for a reason. There is some mild sexual content in this game but it can be easily avoided, mild violence such as name calling and fist fighting which is blurred out in a comical way. There is death in this game: Teens + can die but anything below that just gets taken away by social worker and that’s only if Hunger (or social) “needs” drop to zero. .>> You cannot kill others and there is no rape or incest.<< The game is rated "T" not "R" There is Store Content which you can buy from the website's store, however it's not needed to play the game in any way. On the contrary, The Sims games has a huge community of gamers and “Modders” Free custom content that is created by regular people and is in fact highly supported by EA. Everything from new clothes to hair to even more advanced things such “mods” which can do anything from adding new interactions for your characters(Sims) to more complex things like changing how your sims walk or even eat. Teen sims cannot woohoo by EA's default however, such is the case with a lot of things, that can be changed with a modder's mod. When taking a shower or using the toilet the game blurs it out, woohooing is never shown out in the open except in the shower which is blurred. And unless you have custom skin all of EA's default skin is like a barbie doll. Babies can be born at the hospital or at home(if born at home the mother will wheeze in pain then spin around when the baby is born and the baby will suddenly appear in her arms). The Sims uses gibberish when they speak so obviously no language. The game is “slightly” suggestive and your sims can drink “nectar” as can teens. EP s or Expansion Packs are a little costly but they further the game play with new interactions and objects and stuff for your sims. I give an age rating of 12-15+ for the game with not for 11- but 12-13 with adult supervision. Remember with this game you can do almost anything. I would recommend to leery parents to enlist the help of the game's community gamers to decide if the game is right for their child, most (with an obvious exception of what there will be)are very helpful. Internet is required for the game. You cannot take The Sims games back to the store because of activation codes and copyrighting so choose carefully.
Adult Written byerinkellycleo May 19, 2010

Good For Tweens And Not To Akward

It Gives Kids A Way To Express Fredom LIGHTEN UP it's the sims i personaly enjoy it Woohoo Is Noting Much(A Kid I Know Thinks They Play Hide And Seek) ITS A PART OF LIFE And Romantic Intercations can be made, watch a disney show or icarly it's worse than this in mature stuff, Encourage Kids to make familys This Game Is Rated T (12+) But Kids At School Will Probaly Be Listening (Some Cases Watching) Rated R (18+) PLAY THIS GAME
Parent of a 11 year old Written byBrianS_78 January 2, 2010

Perfect for Tweens and Older

Great game for most ages. I would let my kid play it, he is ten and he is mature enough to handle the content of this game. People make it seem a lot more sexual than really is, there is only some kissing and flirting. I would reccomend this game to tweens and older. Younger children may not understand the game fully, and therefore I would not recommend it for children 9 years old and younger. The game is really fun, and I think you will enjoy playing it with your children
Teen, 16 years old Written byunassertive October 1, 2010

Perfect for any child as soon as they know how to use a keyboard and a mouse!

I wouldn't agree that they react with dismay when you make them really fat. More like surprise. I love this game. It's like a virtual dollhouse. This game is also extremely easy to play. More-so than the Sims 2 and definitely easier than the original base game. I don't think violence or sex is an issue at all. I've been playing the Sims game since I was 8 years old, giggling at the then-shocking references to sex. But it's a game, it's not real life. Your Sims can die by natural causes or become immortal. Gameplay is open-ended. Just make sure your kids realize that real life is nothing like it is portrayed in video games, especially this one. Everything should be fine!
Adult Written bygkdavis August 20, 2011

The Sims Forever

I love the sims I've been playing since the fifth or fourth grade and I'm now 17. There are some sexual themes but if your child is already informed and educated it should be fine(use your judgment maturity levels are all different). Not a good choice for younger children it's made for teens.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byishkmytamborine01 January 12, 2011
Parent of a 10 year old Written byfootballchamp81 October 3, 2009

I don't find this game inapropriate for my child to play (my child is only 12 years old)

This is a life simulation game in which players can customize and control avatars (Sims) through several stages of life and its daily activities. Players are free to pursue a variety of goals as they observe and attempt to influence and nurture families of Sims. These avatars often interact socially, which can sometimes lead to mild flirtation or more intimate encounters. Players can choose to “try for a baby” or “WooHoo” with another Sim. These two actions cause the selected avatars to jump into bed and go under the covers... the covers do move around a little bit, (but it's not very inapropriate considering you really can't see anything) until confetti bursts over the bed. Sims characters need to maintain their health and hygiene and do so by eating, exercising, bathing, and using the toilet, which is depicted by a blurred, pixilated effect and trickling sounds. Avatars can also vomit, emit flatulence, and wet themselves if no toilet is available or offered. As in real life, Sim characters can die of old age; they can also die as a result of neglect or starvation. Certain animations depict the avatars dying in fires, drowning in pools, and getting electrocuted by household appliances. My child is only 10 years old and I do not find this as an inapropriate game for my child. I bought Sims 3 at Walmart and when I was at the register I asked the Gentleman at the register if the sexual things on here were inapropriate and he said "No, I belive it is labeled that way to be on the safe side with some of the parents that are more protective of what their kids see."
Adult Written byiluvtheworld443 June 9, 2009

checking sims

i think the sims is great for adults.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byGreth December 30, 2009

Good for anyone 14 and up.

Although the Sims 3 contains some themes that some may think a little inappropriate, it is simply demonstrating a vital part of life. Being a life simulator, it has to include this. Also, to address the problems of the supposed "bad messages", the game offers a gameplay option for the strange; kids can make an alien or a vampire in a perfectly normal environment. Furthermore, the game lets kids express their creativity, in the form of interior and exterior decorating and the "Create-A-Sim".