All member reviews for The Sims 3

Teen, 17 years old Written byMerlinFan17 December 28, 2010

Make a censored version, EA, and I would willingly pay 75 dollars

This game is ridiculously fun, however I opt out of playing it due to the *sometimes unavoidable* sexual stuff in it. My parents would kill me if they knew it had these options in it, not to mention I really don't want to play something with a chance of something so bad happening in view of my two younger siblings.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 5, 2010

Sexual behaviour isn't that bad.

Young kids under 10 may like the look of this game. but do not buy it for them. It will confuse them in areas of the sexual parts. Woo-hoo and the bed is moving and the covers are going and noises are going on (: So its not really suitable for young kids. Violence is not violent at all. No blood or anything. When a fight happens there is a cloud of white smoke so you can't see the punch up anyway, the only thing that happens is the person he/she will fall to the ground. The bad thing is consumerism, yeah you normally see that as casual advertising but this is bad, Whereas you will get sims depressed on cheap things so its a bad role model only liking the most expensive, most luxery food and furniture. Suitable for over 10.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2010

For the most part, The Sims 3 could be an E-rated game. However, there are a few inappropriate parts in it, such as mild violence, and especially sexual references. If this feature were not included, it could be rated E-10. It also has mild peril, like fires in it. I got the game when I was almost 12, and I stay away from any T-rated parts in it. My 8-year old sister plays, but I constantly watch her to make sure she does nothing bad in the game. As long as young children stay away from any inappropriate things, the game is good for ages 10+. Children 6-9 should be watched while playing, and children 5 or below should not play at all. The game is completely worth it, though. The graphics are stunning and game-play is addicting. As you can see, I even have a sim as my avatar. If you feel comfortable with it, buy it and you won't regret it.
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2010

From Tiffany756: even if you are a kid you can play with parents permisson and just ignore the bad stuff

yes the game is a little sexual like the past sims game and the fights but this game is very nice now that you can edit everything the game is very good now the game is more better and more great THIS GAME IS GOOD FOR ANY KID WHO IS A FAN OF THE SIMS 3!
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2010

Really Good For Older Kids!

Well... the woohoos and bad traits are NOT a thing younger kids should be getting influence from.. But, other then that.. The good traits have positive messages, and are educational. (EX: Good sims can donate to charity). Some sims are bad role models, and others are good. It's very easy to play once you get the hang of it, too. It has many oppurtunites but some turn out with bad results. Plus, the 'criminal' careers should NOT be influenced.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2010

Maybe

I like it but I think that when the sims 'do it' the bed needs to be blocked out. Kids can express both sides of themself by making a good sim and a bad sim. I do think it is a good thing for most teens over 13, but some younger kids can play.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2010

Perfect for tweens and teens. Some content may not be appropriate for young children.

Sims 3 is a fun game people can play. You can make your own sim, get married, have, kids, buy a house, design it etc. Its like you are starting your own life. Some of the content is not appropriate for children under the age of 10. But overall, The Sims 3 is a fun and addicting game.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2011

Hilarious Game!

So, this game's amazing! I love it. Sure the Sims can 'WooHoo' and 'Try for a baby,' but the controller of the game chooses. The controller of the game can make it clean. It's fun to make the Sims different colors, such as green and blue and red. And while it's fun to play the original way, cheats to give your Sims $999,999,999 is even more entertaining in my opinion! The game also teaches people about choices in life. And the 'excessive violence' shouldn't be an issue. The slapping and fights are very animated, as is the whole game. It's not violent. It's something to make you laugh and to play with your friends.
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2009

15? Rubbish

Love this game, it is fun and does NOT have much sexual refrences. It is easy to play, fun and keeps kids busy. It's much better than the first two, and has much more features and things to do. It can keep my friends and I busy for AGES!
Teen, 15 years old Written byzamaya August 28, 2010

its entertaining but younger kids shouldn't play

well, the evil characters have really evil wishes... and me and my friend like to kill(usually drown) the characters we didn't like. but the genetics in it fascinated me and made me want to go through many generations. its sad if your favorite characters die of old age but you can turn off aging
Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2010

A fun,easy game

I played the Sims 2 when I was 4,and now I play Sims 3.Sure there is some s*x and stuff,but there isn't anything wrong.The only bad thing is there are some people who make naked sims for others to download.
Teen, 16 years old Written byunassertive October 1, 2010

Perfect for any child as soon as they know how to use a keyboard and a mouse!

I wouldn't agree that they react with dismay when you make them really fat. More like surprise. I love this game. It's like a virtual dollhouse. This game is also extremely easy to play. More-so than the Sims 2 and definitely easier than the original base game. I don't think violence or sex is an issue at all. I've been playing the Sims game since I was 8 years old, giggling at the then-shocking references to sex. But it's a game, it's not real life. Your Sims can die by natural causes or become immortal. Gameplay is open-ended. Just make sure your kids realize that real life is nothing like it is portrayed in video games, especially this one. Everything should be fine!
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2010

My favorite game ever!

I absolutely love this game. I think it is a little iffy for kids 9 and up. I don't think it is inappropriate because most kids this age won't completely understand the concept of woo-hoo. If they are mature, they should understand that it is just a game and not real life. I think it is a little iffy, understanding that some kids will not act mature while playing this game. I think that most kids should be able to play, but it would be better if they are mature.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySiminIt July 1, 2010

Perfect for everyone!

Sims is amazing in a way it is educational. It teaches you how to raise a family and how to have a job. Its defintly not rated 15 plus. Ive been playing sims since i was maybe 8 and when your eight you dont really get what they do in the bed so its not anything bad at all.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009

omg i love this game, i will marry it.

the reason i said it has good and bad role models is because it's up to you
Teen, 13 years old Written bySheWolf August 18, 2010

for ages 10 and up

It is funny and fun to play teaches about life.Its not as bad as people think it is.
Kid, 9 years old June 22, 2010

Great!

It's a great game! Sure there's some kissing and other "stuff", but me and my mom still love the game. Besides, you choose what the sims do. Parents: If you think it's innapropriate, just tell your kid to only do good stuff. Also, It' can give you ideas on how to be a good person!
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

Like the box says it's rated T for TEEN

I watch my older brother play this game. I feel that the WooHoo feature isn't the greatest thing for younger children. My brother even played it when I was little and it used to give me nightmares. Some rolemodels aren't great. The game is silly to older kids, but a bit scary for litle kids. There are some good things you can do that's good in the game too, though. For example, your sims can donate to do causes, or brighten another sim's day, but on the other hand your sim can steal or cheat on other sims. I think it's a little bit educational. Learning how to manage money and stuff.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2010

The Sims 3 a great game!

The Sims 3 is a great computer game but is not appropriate for young children Sims can die and turn into ghost and they can get into fights with the other Sims.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySenorita Rita October 14, 2009

Favorite computer game!

I love it. You can make whatever sim you want, whether she's a preppy cheerleader or an irritable goth. It's a fun way to create a different family. Some sexual content (you can "woohoo" or even try for a baby) but you don't have to do that unless you click on it! Depends how you use the game.