All member reviews for The Sims 3

Teen, 13 years old Written bySenorita Rita October 14, 2009

Favorite computer game!

I love it. You can make whatever sim you want, whether she's a preppy cheerleader or an irritable goth. It's a fun way to create a different family. Some sexual content (you can "woohoo" or even try for a baby) but you don't have to do that unless you click on it! Depends how you use the game.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2009

why is it bad
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeowmix9 June 3, 2009

sex

how they have sex
Teen, 13 years old Written byGriffin3150 December 29, 2014

Best game I have ever played!

The Sims 3 (and the entire Sims series, in general) is an amazing game, with so much to offer. The violence? Pfft! There is none! They can die, but dying is not gruesome in any way. Sims allows you to play the way you want, how you want. However, you can make choices, and some of them may not be good, depending on the type of character you want your Sim to be. They can be an aspiring artist, or, if you want to lean more to the dark side, you can be a crime lord. The choice is yours. Sex is bare, and the most you will ever see is two people, under the blankets. The blankets are shaked a bit, indicating that they are having sex, but apart from that, there is nothing. Any nudity is blurred out. However, there are mods you can download that can make the blur disappear, and you can see the entire body. But mods are not part of the game, they are user-created. As for swearing, all the characters in the game talk in a gibberish language, called Simlish. You can, however, hear their tones change. So, if they are flirting, you know they are flirting because you can hear it in their voice. Even the music is in Simlish. This game teaches children how to buy and invest and manage their funds so that they won't go bankrupt. It also has a Sims store, if your child has internet. You can talk over the forums, and download content from the store (but they screen all of the content submitted, so it's perfectly safe). But the things you download might bug up your computer, depending on what model it is. Apart from all of that, I would encourage you to get it right now if your kid wants it because it really is an amazing game.
Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2013

The Sims 3 is APPROPRIATE for this age!

The Sims 3 is a perfect game for ages 10 and up- it has positive things like raising a child, donating, and even being social! The only bad part are the WooHoos, they are based on kissing in the bed :(
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

It is Very nice but I don't have a original of sims 3! I can't understand to speaking people! there's a payment of mail! and a having a romantic?!?
Teen, 15 years old Written bymintqueen December 30, 2010

i love it.i just miss all my sims2 downloads.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzackaback December 27, 2010

Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2010

The Sims 3 a great game!

The Sims 3 is a great computer game but is not appropriate for young children Sims can die and turn into ghost and they can get into fights with the other Sims.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2009

Great for teens and up

Sims 3 is very sexual, but the only sexual parts when people flirt and when they do "it" but you can't see cause they under the covers in the bed. Sims 3 is the best Sims so far. But there is only 1 city.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHelloFairie October 13, 2009

Perfect for all ages

I don't see how some people find it too "sexual" or whatever you want to call it. They blur out anything bad,plus aren't you the one controlling it? Rofl,so why don't you stop being so "sexual" and make them do what you approve of ;). Personally,I love the Sims 3. It's by far my favorite overall. I can't wait for new EP's.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewerr22 October 3, 2009

Great for kids 10 and up!

The game Sims 3 is for having fun and interacting with other computer people. In Sims 3 you must take care of all of the Sims you have created! You need to make sure their hygiene is up and healthy by giving them showers (which "private areas" are covered by a large blur which makes this game appropriate for ages 10 and up if you wanted to be on the safe side), you must feed them food (if you are not a high enough level in agility you might just burn the house down using the oven or stove!!!), you must make sure all of the Sims get enough sleep and resting time, the sims must be happy... your Sim could die of starvation, and many other types os things including being lonely or having a broken heart! Sims can interact with other sims (which are not online people... just computer people) in a relationship. They can "WooHoo" which involves two sims going in bed, going under the covers, and the covers do m ove a slight bit but it is not inapropriate for most kids 10 and up. I mean, you really cannot see anything. The couple can also "Try For a Baby" which involes the same thing as "WooHoo". The difference beetween "WooHoo" and "Trying For a Baby" are that in "WooHoo" the women will not become pregnant. the Sims eventually grow old and die away, or they might die of starvation, drowning in a pool, or getting electricuted by household appliances. This game is rated "T" for teen... although it is not that apporpriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypoohgurl217 September 29, 2009

PERFECT 4 EVEYONE EXCEPT YOUNGSTERS. E.G. 10-UP

I LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byameer123456789 September 29, 2009

love it
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurple_panther September 12, 2009
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2009

Excellent!!

I am 10 years old and have been a fan forever!Inappropriate stuff isnt that bad ecspecially if your in gifted,like me.i have learned so much (positive) stuff from it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTaqueli July 31, 2009

this game is pretty fun. the only problem is that sometimes when something bad happens to your sim, a younger player could get either very angry or sad. my sister cried all night because her sim died. might wanna talk to your kids about how its just a game, and nothing else.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPepi June 21, 2009
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2015

Kind Of Mature

I, being an 11 year old myself, say this game is pretty mature, with the fact that there is "Woohoo" and "Try For Baby," which both have censored animations, and the fact that violence pops up around the towns every now and then. I would suggest this game to mature 11 year old children and older, there shouldn't be kids playing this game who say "Ew!" every time they see two people kiss in a movie. This game is very fun and educational, if the player decides to take their household down the path of a career and a family. I feel as though this game could easily teach children and younger teens about the life ahead of them, what to expect and what not to expect, and what's the right thing to do in certain situations.
Teen, 15 years old Written byZerosense July 8, 2015

Fun game with very little violence and no language

There is feature that sims can ''woohoo''which might be a little inappropriate for younger ones but the game is mostly ok for kids above 9.