All member reviews for The Sims 3

Teen, 15 years old Written bybpixie May 9, 2010

Choices, Choices!!! :)

The Sims 3 (much like the other Sims games) are all about making choices. The three top choices are you can choose to be an academic, focusing not on boys but on school, you can choose to focus on athetism, or the most popular is that you can choose to be extremely romantically involved. I tend to use a mix of the three, but I must admit that having romantic traits such as "Great Kisser" and "Flirty" are fun to have since they can have relationships much easier, and it's so much fun to build relationships and to have kids. Some parents believe that the "woohoo" is too mature for most people but I disagree -- I started playing the Sims when I was 10 or 11 and I got what was happening, but I didn't think much of it. Any younger than that and they won't even really understand what's happening when flower petals are falling on the bed. Overall I believe that this is a great game for ages 10 and up, even for adults, because it teaches responsibility, and just what happens if you don't pay your rent, or even if you cheat on your husband. Yes, there are cheats like "motherlode" but everyone of all ages knows that there aren't any cheats in life.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2010

Great Game

I think this game is perfectly fine. It's not nearly as suggestive as a lot of the songs, music videos etc. or even many of the television shows you come upon while just flipping through channels. Sure "woo-hoo" isn't age appropriate but it isn't like it's graphic or anything. As you can tell by my user name, I'm a big fan. and definitely recommend.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2010

Too much innapropriate sexual behaivior for anyone under 11
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2010

terrible

i hate this game the sims 2 is much better even though they're no loading screens that doesn't mean it still good
Kid, 8 years old March 26, 2010

Love It!

Sims have some good character traits like:good,friendly,neat, family oriented.But some bad ones:Couch potato,meanspirited,yeah,you know all of that. A few sexual themes, but YOU choose what they do. So the role model is up to you. GREAT GAME!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPieater March 19, 2010

Pre-teens and older

Very fun, I've been playing the sims for years! "Whoo hoo" isn't really a problem. But parents should talk with there kids about only controlling your sims to do sexual things to create sim babies.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2010

Not for 7 year olds.

I'm not going to tell you how to parent your kids, but the game isn't that bad. You can choose which character you'd like to be. The 8 year old will figure that out. They also have consequences for their actions so, it's not THAT bad.
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2010

I've been playing The Sims 2 & 3 since I was 8 years old. There are some innapropriate parts of this game, but the amazing graphics and realistic-ness of this game makes it a must-buy. Get it, you won't regret it.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2010

Good, but with some limits.

I really enjoy this game. Though it does have some bad themes, if you are older you can avoid them. My brother and I enjoy making sims and we like to build the houses. I would not recommend this for children 10 and under.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 February 12, 2010

Off for 14 and under.

This game isn't that great, and the sexual content is way over the edge for something rated T.
Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2010

i love this game. it is one of the best games i think. you can go all over town and you have a cell phone so you can invite people to your house or throw parties. the violence isnt that bad all it is is just a cloud of smoke or it shows you slaping a sim.
Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 22, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byXzierox January 10, 2010

Okay

It got boring easily, but I was glad to see that it wasn't anti-gay like quite a few games.
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2010

Great Game

It all depends on how mature the person is. When I was 10 years-old I saw my cousin (who was 16) on the sims 2 and I thought it looked really cool so I asked for it on my b-day and loved it. Now I have the sims 3, and yes there are some things like flirting so thats really when you have to consider how mature the person is. When I was 10 I was a bit young, but not everyone is the same.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybel91011 December 27, 2009

NOT RECOMENDED FOR KIDS UNDER 12!!!

There's a LOT of freedom. I admit, I played Sims 2 at 12 and this is practically the same. My mom's okay with it but she doesn't like that my eight year old brother plays it. There is sex, pregnancy, cheating, skipping school, ghosts, option to be a criminal, divorce, fighting, etc. but it's based off of life and that's life.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxLOVEx December 19, 2009

It's good for ages 12 and up

i love it
Teen, 17 years old Written bysadie111 December 14, 2009

I Looooooove the sims but toatally not ok for youngons. There is some sexual behavior b/w sims.
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2009

I think all of the iffy for 15 is really unfare

I love this game but the only thing is that if you have an ipod touch iphone or simply internet they lure you in like I first played a teaser on the website then I downloaded the the sims 3 lite version but then I was so addicted I got the full version on my ipod touch and I loved it so much I got it for my PC and then I realized I invested over 50$ and that it had practically taken over half my life but it was just so great
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2009

Great game for 12 and up

This game is AWESOME! I play it alot. There is some sexual behavior but you can never see anything and it depends on what YOU do. It might be a little difficult for kids under 11 because it gets frustrating if your sims keep dying.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2009

it is a good game but not the best,