All member reviews for The Sims 3

Teen, 13 years old Written bymedia tips December 26, 2013

this sims is very nice

who every says that sims is bad they are wrong it is so safe on there it lets u put it on child safety mode
Teen, 14 years old Written byGeorge johnson December 1, 2013

a little of an overreaction

in my opinion, i think they have overreacted just a little. you can have sex but it is all under covers so you cant see them. there is no uncensored nudity and the 'nudity" that they show is so heavily pixalatied that you cant see anything. i would say that if you have a child who is mature and can handle stuff it is a good game.
Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2013

meh...

this game is quite safe for kids, when you fight its got a cloud over it, and under the cover sex, and the langrage is gibberish.
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2013

Its good for kids ya' know dat

Hmm Its good for kids only dont do some Adult Contented things in The Sims 3. People who brought a copy may receive LE (Limited Edition) kids could play nothing bad in there.. its also for 7 up to 48
Teen, 17 years old Written bylokiful11 September 28, 2013

sims 3 is a great and positive game

this game is really good and it should be sold to kids at the age from 13 and i think you should be 13 to buy it for your kids is because of the sex and thats nothing thats been in game before that are well 7s or 12.
Kid, 12 years old September 27, 2013

Addicted :)

sure its not for my age, but its a good game. it gets even better when you get expansions and stuff from the sims 3 online store.
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Maybe just a pinch...

This game is absolutely NOT for kids who get grossed out just from seeing a fly. This game has no finger gestures and no bad language. Sure there might be an interaction that enables a female to get pregnant but everything is blocked by something. If still don't want your 12 & up child to play it, then get the pet version or the phone app. I know that there are some things you don't want to expose so soon to your child but this is a good learning experience. Raising a family, getting promotions, paying bills, and everything that they will run into in life. Give it a try. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE 21ST CENTRY!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byshikasori August 18, 2013

Give it a whirl.

My honest opinion is; if you think it's safe for your child then go ahead and get it. However don't just judge the game by what others are saying. You should really give the game a go yourself before letting your child play it. After all, it's your child.
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2013

Fine for 11+

This is a good game, but there are a lot of things related to money. It takes a long time to cook on a cheap stove, and a much shorter time to cook on a expensive stove. Also, if you don't have an expensive house your sims will become depressed. Overall, it's a good safe game, you just need to stay away from some parts.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2013

social

i think it could help us kids to help our social because kids spend a lot of time on iPads and computers and tv and so making friends will help with social life
Teen, 16 years old Written byPurpleKiwi01 July 27, 2013

What you should probably know about the Sims 3

It's actually a great game. Yes, it has consumerism, but it is also a role model for children 11-15+ if you ask me. Just keep the parental controls on. Take the "WooHoo" interaction for example. The bed shaking, the sheets flying and the sounds give away the fact of sexual content. You can do it in the shower, which is the shower shaking and bouncing around. Parents beware, as this is a game for children who know what's going on, so keep the controls ON. Other then that, it's a wonderful game where you create your own character with many characteristics and traits and lifetime wishes. Starting out in a small house, you slowly earn the Simlish currency, Simoleans. Progressing to larger houses and a larger family, the choices are yours from here on.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 27, 2013

Suprising amount of DLC

I'm surprised nobody has touched up on the game's DLC (Downloadable Content). Each is either 20, 30, or 40 dollars. The $20 DLC is fairly minuscule, usually consisting of only a little clothes, some furniture, maybe some cars. As of right now, buying the Sims 3 with all the DLC will cost you a whopping $460 according to the steam website. Granted, you don't need to buy the DLCs, but they are silently encouraged. If your know your child will nag for all the add-ons, you might need to skip this one. Otherwise, I thought the game was ok for 11 year olds. Just be careful about the expensive DLC.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxbilliealishax June 7, 2013

One of my favourite PC games of all time

I love The Sims 3 so much. It's so addictive and it kept me on the computer for hours on end. It's quite educational, teaching kids on how to build houses, how to care for people (even if they are virtual) and how to manage money (although you can use cheats to make gameplay easier). Although this is one of my favourite PC games of all time, there are a few things to avoid. Mods can be installed to alter your gameplay significantly - including a mod that can make Sims completely naked. Too much custom content can make the game very slow. And of course, Sims can WooHoo so pixels are put in place to cover it up. Overall, this game is amazing and I even got my dad to buy me the expansion packs.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaleb T. May 29, 2013

Great game! Negative reviews are false!

The Sims 3 is a fun and addicting life simulation game with many options. Many parents think the game is all about sex. There is actually very little sex in the game; all sexual content is censored! Everything is player controlled so you choose to make your Sims partake in sexual activies. Overall it is a great game for teens and pre-teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmyRocks May 12, 2013

The sims 3!: Amazing for ages 10 and up!

The Sims 3: Rating: T (13 and over) My rating (and many others): Tween+ The Sims 3 is the latest base game from the Sims series (EA). You can make your own Sim, toddlers kids teens young adults ect. Then you choose a house and earn money using the 'motherload ' cheat. You can move out, add people to the town and make friends, have relationships and get married! Also, you can have 'woohoo' or 'try for a baby' but turning off sound will make a diffrence! There's pregnancy and schools but nothing too serious! Sims die, and you can get pet fish but they die later. Ulimate customisation in this game makes it fun for little kids to help bigger kids (tween or teens) before they are old enough to go on the game! The trouble is, too many of you think sims 3 is for teens only. Personally i played it from 11 years old and I didn't mind it as my older sister played with me until i began to make my own families. It's not bad at all as many tweens know about kissing and stuff and they will think woohoo is reall nothing! So all parants buy this for teens and tweens as i had it since it came out!
Teen, 13 years old Written byk_kid April 17, 2013

great game I caution parents.

This is an amazing game for kids. It helps with money management and taking care of themselves. Kids can use bad Sims to help seal with anger or frustration and can use good Sims as role models. Sure there is some "WhooHoos" and you can try for baby but it's you're under covers and younger kids won't really get the concept and older kids should get that it's just a game. Personally I think parents should think about it and make the right choice for their kids
Teen, 13 years old Written bykelseyp March 16, 2013

A TRUE Rating

I don't think Common Sense gives this a fair rating. There is not consumerism. If you have a cheap bedin real life, chances are it's not going to be comfortable. All the Sims 3 is is realistic. As long as you don't use cheats to get ahead, it can show kids a early glimpse at life. Unless you are a Sim player, you wouldn't understand. Sure, you can be gay or straight. What's wrong with that? It is realistic. If you don't like something in the game, don't use it! Simple concept.
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2013

So educational!

Awesome game, it's really an interesting game t play when you want to learn how to use money and getting a job
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2013

Perfect for mature kids 9+

Its so awesome and addictive! I started playing the day after I turned nine. It isn't inappropriate, anything that is inappropriate is covered (woohoo, shower, toilet,) There is not much violence, just a little. Since sims speak simlish, they can't really say bad words. I think that good sims give positive messages and a good role model because they can donate money and brighten sims day and be nice. Lastly, as long as the people who play are mature, then it should be fine for them to play.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2013