All member reviews for The Sims 3

Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRubberSoul August 11, 2009

Perfect for any person above 11

I reallu like this game. I love the career choices you now have. Also, all the personality traits are really fun. However, I was dissapointed with the hair styles for the sims. I honestly thought that the hair styles for the male sims were better in sims 2. It is really fun.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymuzikfreak147 July 31, 2009

Great game, sexuality is overrated, and teaches real-life consequences

Ok, first off, the sexual content of the Sims is far beyond overrated. It is so far from explicit. Unless they know what sex is, they are not going to know what's going on, and even then, the only parallel it has with sex is that children can result from it. On the moral side of things, Sims CAN cheat on each other, and "WooHoo" with Sims they are not married to, but if you have raised your child to know that these things are wrong, they probably won't do it. And if they do, it honestly isn't going to cause them to do the same thing. It would actually discourage it, because Sims have the same consequences that real-life would for doing such a thing. Anyway, this is possibly the most fun game I've ever played and is fine for anyone 12+ (possibly even 10+)
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaguztiger July 30, 2009

A very interesting game

I think that the sexual content in this game is nothing worse than most people hear in school. Overall, if you think that this game is a risk to their safety. Very wrong.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluv2sing0723 July 29, 2009

Iffy For Younger Kids, Just Fine For Tweens and Teens

I am 13 and I play Sims 2 (i hope to get Sims 3 soon :D). Violence isn't THAT bad really. The worst they do is smack each other. And if kids don't know what the inappropriate stuff you can do IS then obviously they won't do it. I mean, I don't know EXACTLY what it is either... yet, so I don't do it. I have no desire to. The mean personalities and aliens and ghosts and things may be a little scary for the younger ones. But I would say around 9+ it's fine with parents' permission and evaluation of the game.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2009

it's up to you

this has to be my favorite sims game yet! there is so much to do in sims... you can build houses and community lots, then make fully customizable sims and take them out to town to socialize with others. now it's easier to play, since there are tutorials and premade sims + houses. once concern is the sexual content, which there isn't much of in the sims 3. you can't see your sims "woohooing", all they do is bounce around under the covers and giggle. i don't think violence is an issue, either, all sims really do is poke each other then jump on eachother and a little gray cloud censors them. i guess it's up to you whether or not you want this for your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvsquadcheer July 23, 2009

Best Game EVERRRR

So i've been a sims fan since i was in 2nd grade and this one has to be the best game yet. i mean, there's absolutley nuh-thing wrong with it! ;)
Parent of a 13 and 21 year old Written byfytwife July 19, 2009

Probably the best of all the Sims games on the market.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhangOn4Hope July 9, 2009

Do a maturity level check first.

This game is up to you. Both good and bad role models exist. There are exceptional and bad messages in the game. I've been playing the game since I was twelve, but it definitely has mature content that made feel awkward playing the game in front of my parents. I suggest this game for mature 13 and 14 year olds, but 15 and up should definitely be allowed to play as long as they can separate video-games from reality and have had the sex talk (that's depressing if they haven't yet). This game is definitely a ton of fun, but better with cheats I have to admit. What's really fun is being able to really customize sims and give them dynamic personalities. It's fun to have an artistic sim who also likes music and just stands outside and plays guitar all night. You can also have virtuous sims that help out their friends by cheering them up and that get mood boosts from donating money and doing good deeds. Well, I hope you enjoy the game if you decide to play!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHelloHannah June 25, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I love how The Sims 3 has new features that make it even better then The Sims 2. But the sexual content might be a little much for tweens or 13-14 year olds.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009

omg i love this game, i will marry it.

the reason i said it has good and bad role models is because it's up to you
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunarheart14 June 24, 2009

A bit difficult, but extremely fun!

You need a good computer for this game or it will be slow! But its so much better than the SIMS2. Sims can now fish, garden, become master chefs, become an astronaut, etc! Lots of things! The only inappropriate thing is that you still 'make babies' but that is censored. As well as sims showering and using the bathroom, those are both blurred. The only reason why I made the age a bit higher is because of the difficulty of playing the game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 June 23, 2009

A strong sequal, but unless you have the latest computer, the game will be slow

This is a very well done sequal to the sims 2, it includes many new features that mske it much more fun, it has issues though: 1. Sims can get into fights, but they're not very graphic. 2. as in the other sims games, sims can make out, flirt, and "Who hoo". 3. The sims don't speak english, but you can tenn when they're suposed to be cursing. 4. sims can steal from thier neighbors and even become master thiefs as a careeer path. So overall this is a worthy sequal to the sims 2!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySugarplumz123 June 21, 2009

Sims 3 Outlook

Sims 3 is a great game yes your children/child may be exposed to graphic type things but sooner or later they will figure that out. Sims 3 is really a harmless game. It takes place of real world things and stuff that happens in everyday life. Someone getting into a fight in usally in the world. And if a sim in sims 3 gets into a fight it not bad because fights in america happens constanly. I have played the sims 3 and enjoyed it! I mean yes you have the woohoo. But you have to know that its a GAME. and that many americans in the world "woohoo" im not saying give your 5 year old child this game. But if you have a 12 year old girl or 11 year old boy you should not stop them into having some sim like fun! i like the sims but if some parents see it as a tool for misbehavior than thats fine with me but the sims 3 is a great tool to get your kids quiet for just a little while! :-) Thank you and God be with you!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjazzybee45 June 18, 2009

I liked it!!!!

I think this game is the greatest of all Sims history. I love it. I was amazed by it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynoura101 June 18, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byfortyniner June 13, 2009

The BEST game ever!

This game was great, but it cost way too much at the store, so I got it free here: http://tinyurl.com/anvpqp
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissErica June 13, 2009

Sims Rock my socks!

I am so happy that I bought this game. It dose have "woohoo" and making out, however. But then so dose life. Which is basiclly what this game is. It's so addicting and entertaining you won't want to stop playing it. I reccomend this game to ages 12+. Buy the game and you'll understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydiancik_200 June 13, 2009