Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2012

For tweens, teens and others!

`THIS GAME IS NOT FOR 15 YEAR OLDS! It is for tweens, teens and adults who want to experiment with life in a safe and non-harming way.
Adult Written byTatem January 21, 2016
This game is packed with swearing, sex, and privacy issues. Not for teens under 16.
Adult Written bymomojello October 13, 2010
Love it! some might render the game inappropriate, but a couple kissing scenes are the worst part of the game. Allows kids to make grown up decisions. FUN!
Adult Written byM&M1995 August 15, 2014

Life simulation game has charm and inspires creativity.

The Sims 3 is the top-selling PC game of all-time for a reason. The game may have a Teen ESRB rating, but it is perfectly fine for the tweens. The Sims 3 is a game of decisions. It is up to the player what sorts of activities they want to engage in, and they are free to choose how they want their Sims to live. It is a highly addictive game, but it can get boring fast if you don't find new ways to play. It is an open-ended life simulation game, meaning that there are no specific missions to partake in. Those who have had the privilege of playing The Sims 3 know that there is an undeniable charm about it, and there are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments that make for a consistently humorous experience. Players can design the homes of their Sims, make them visit locations around town, build relationships with other Sims, and get jobs, just like in real life. The Sims 3 really does inspire the player to unleash their creativity. The Sims have various wants and needs that you have to fulfill in order for them to remain happy and healthy, unless you want to feel the wrath of your angry, depressed Sims. Needs include Hunger, Bladder, Social, Fun, Hygiene, Sleep, and Comfort. When Sims use the toilet or take a shower or bath, or if they simply go in the nude, sensitive parts are pixelated. Language in the game is not an issue since the Sims speak "Simlish," a nonsensical language that cannot be understood, and it is very funny to listen to your Sims interact in this otherworldly language. If you click on another Sim, a menu pops up with different social interactions that can be used on them. There are mean and romantic interactions in the game, so be weary of that. Mean interactions include yell at, argue, slap, fight, insult, poke, and so on. The violence in the game though is extremely mild and cartoony. Sims sometimes use middle finger gestures (blurred), and swear words (bleeped) when they are particularly upset about something. It is also possible for Sims to die due to natural causes such as old age or illness, or more odd occurences such as getting hit by a meteorite. Players can also deliberately kill off their Sims using cruel methods such as drowning them, starving them, putting them in a room with no doors or windows, or starting a fire in the kitchen and burning them (and their house) down. Romantic interactions allow Sims to make out, kiss, flirt, give massages, and "woohoo" which is the equivalent of sex. Players can even have sex in unusual places such as an elevator. Also there is an option to "Try for Baby." Additionally, Sims have life goals or aspirations, and examples include having a specific number of romantic partners, having a specific number of children, or breaking up with a specific number of Sims. Some of the clothes that you can dress your Sims in, specifically female Sims, are provocative. Same-sex romance is made possible in the game as well, because Sims are not bound by sexual orientations. Some of the objects in the game include a vibrating heart bed and hot tubs. Expansion packs can be purchased for The Sims 3, and they add additional features and gameplay elements that parents should be aware of. For instance, The Sims 3: Generations expansion pack allows players to make their Sims carry out pranks and get arrested; The Sims 3: Late Night allows Sims to go out to bars and clubs, party, delve into the dating scene, and skinny-dip in pools or hot tubs; and The Sims 3: University Life enables players to engage in binge drinking, attend or host frat house parties, and run naked around town (streaking). There are also numerous cheat codes and game modifications that can be downloaded from the Internet that add teen pregnancy and full body nudity, and regular downloads (known as custom content) of racy clothing and love objects are available. The Sims 3 is also on video game consoles and handheld devices (mature, suggestive content is less of an issue in these versions). However the experience is much funner on the PC. Trust me when I say this, I've played Sims games for most of my life and there is nothing to be too concerned about here.
Parent Written byMath Teacher August 28, 2013

Math teacher

I am a math teacher and I looked at the game and started playing it and I found it was great game for kids. Instead of watching tv or being on facebook or insatagram kids should play this. It's a real life game with NO weapons! It's get's them ready for life! You can even design houses in this game and there's a lot of cool things that help get your kid perpared for life so I suggest buying this game for your child.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byAlec54 January 2, 2010

A game for everyone

Good game anyone can play it. It doesn't have anything that really concerns me, has some flirting but nothing serious, I would recommend this game for any kids or adults who like sim games
Adult Written byElla101 August 31, 2009

If you're at least 12 years old, it's okay for you to play

It is good for players to know what characters are good and bad, and to just have fun.
Adult Written bylequiesha June 7, 2009

i cried laughed

i doiny know
Parent Written byKm12345678910 August 3, 2013

Ups and downs to sims!

Okay, Sims have violence and sexual things but it proves positive things. It the real life on the computer!!!
Parent Written bymomsafety January 22, 2012

Great Game When Used Right!

I think this game is fine for children 10 & up. Some of my friends allow there kids to play at 10 or younger. It's not that bad. They are going to learn about "it" soon, if they haven't already. Sims may even help with their understanding about things they will learn in later years. It's a fun game that I think is very enjoyable if you just play it right not trying to have "it" as your number 1 priority. You can make friends, have a nice family, kids, and do a ton of fun stuff! No education really (sort of a bummer), no REAL violence (I mean with all the scary commercials on TV I wouldn't be worried about the little violence on Sims), no drugs or alcohol (only a JUICE BAR), and definitely NO bad language (Sims talk in Sim language which is just random letters pushed into a word like ohle) I do love Sims and it is a great game when your not using The sims to have "it". This game can even help get your child ready for the big world. I do recommend this game to children 10 & up maybe even younger depending on how he/she understands things. I hope this helps in your decision to get this game!
Parent of a 11 and 18+ year old Written byHansi10 August 22, 2010
This is is very fun. My daughter is 11 and loves it. She had told me that if you already know about the content and senn PG-13 movies, this is ok.
Kid, 9 years old June 22, 2010

Great!

It's a great game! Sure there's some kissing and other "stuff", but me and my mom still love the game. Besides, you choose what the sims do. Parents: If you think it's innapropriate, just tell your kid to only do good stuff. Also, It' can give you ideas on how to be a good person!
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byThe kitchen queen June 14, 2010

Bad

I think its pretty bad since it includes sex and stuff so its not any good for any 12 yr old
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2010

The Sims 3 a great game!

The Sims 3 is a great computer game but is not appropriate for young children Sims can die and turn into ghost and they can get into fights with the other Sims.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybel91011 December 27, 2009

NOT RECOMENDED FOR KIDS UNDER 12!!!

There's a LOT of freedom. I admit, I played Sims 2 at 12 and this is practically the same. My mom's okay with it but she doesn't like that my eight year old brother plays it. There is sex, pregnancy, cheating, skipping school, ghosts, option to be a criminal, divorce, fighting, etc. but it's based off of life and that's life.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2009

Great for teens and up

Sims 3 is very sexual, but the only sexual parts when people flirt and when they do "it" but you can't see cause they under the covers in the bed. Sims 3 is the best Sims so far. But there is only 1 city.
Adult Written bygleekgal December 1, 2009
The game is pretty expensive, but I think it is worth it. People can choose friendly, good, or family-oriented Sims. It is extremely easy to play. I think it is perfect for ages eleven and up, though eight to ten year olds probably need to be watched while they play.
Parent of a 9 and 15 year old Written bycaptnesti November 22, 2009

The game should be played by 8 or 9+. I typically would monitor my 9 year old(then 7) on the older ones.

The Sims 3 is a great game. It is on a rather realistic side, as it is life simulation. It contains hours of fun. The environment is much more open than the first two of the series.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bybroadwaybaby1 November 17, 2009

perfect for ages 10 and up

this game is perfect for ages 10 and up. It is not that inappropriate sex relationship wise, but yes it can be a little violent at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySenorita Rita October 14, 2009

Favorite computer game!

I love it. You can make whatever sim you want, whether she's a preppy cheerleader or an irritable goth. It's a fun way to create a different family. Some sexual content (you can "woohoo" or even try for a baby) but you don't have to do that unless you click on it! Depends how you use the game.