All member reviews for The Sims 3

Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydiancik_200 June 13, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byRaeRae235 June 8, 2009

I love the Sims!

Of course the game will have adult themes. There are relationships and suggestive content. But I've been playing this franchise since I was 6 or 7. And my parents allowed me. I've been a fan of this game since the first obe with bad graphics :D, to the Sims 3 now. Although I've yet to get it, I've read a lot of good things about it, and I hope I get it soon!
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2009

DON'T JUDGE TOO FAST!!!!!

So. I have Sims 2. Yeah, it can be racy, and they can be evil, but do you really think your child is going to feel this is okay if they see simulated characters doing this? If you feel like your child is mature and ready to handle some video games then let them play. Sims 3 is a much better alternative to, say, Grand Theft Auto, where violence is a key part of the game. In Sims 3, you can be naughty or nice. As for the lust factor, make sure your child knows about this. If its a mystery, they'll be more likely to try to do more stuff. The mystery is the fun of the thing, so make sure everything is open. You can check up on them if you want to- you can take it away, but my feeling is that most mature middle-schoolers can handle this. I rate it as appropriate for 12+, iffy for 10-11, and inapropriate for all immature people.
Adult Written byMy Name Is Zee February 27, 2013

Ages 12-15+

I strongly disagree that this game is bad, I've played this game since the first version of the game and the second also (The Sims, The Sims 2). But, I won't lie and say this game is for everyone, because it's not, it's rated T for a reason. There is some mild sexual content in this game but it can be easily avoided, mild violence such as name calling and fist fighting which is blurred out in a comical way. There is death in this game: Teens + can die but anything below that just gets taken away by social worker and that’s only if Hunger (or social) “needs” drop to zero. .>> You cannot kill others and there is no rape or incest.<< The game is rated "T" not "R" There is Store Content which you can buy from the website's store, however it's not needed to play the game in any way. On the contrary, The Sims games has a huge community of gamers and “Modders” Free custom content that is created by regular people and is in fact highly supported by EA. Everything from new clothes to hair to even more advanced things such “mods” which can do anything from adding new interactions for your characters(Sims) to more complex things like changing how your sims walk or even eat. Teen sims cannot woohoo by EA's default however, such is the case with a lot of things, that can be changed with a modder's mod. When taking a shower or using the toilet the game blurs it out, woohooing is never shown out in the open except in the shower which is blurred. And unless you have custom skin all of EA's default skin is like a barbie doll. Babies can be born at the hospital or at home(if born at home the mother will wheeze in pain then spin around when the baby is born and the baby will suddenly appear in her arms). The Sims uses gibberish when they speak so obviously no language. The game is “slightly” suggestive and your sims can drink “nectar” as can teens. EP s or Expansion Packs are a little costly but they further the game play with new interactions and objects and stuff for your sims. I give an age rating of 12-15+ for the game with not for 11- but 12-13 with adult supervision. Remember with this game you can do almost anything. I would recommend to leery parents to enlist the help of the game's community gamers to decide if the game is right for their child, most (with an obvious exception of what there will be)are very helpful. Internet is required for the game. You cannot take The Sims games back to the store because of activation codes and copyrighting so choose carefully.
Adult Written bymomojello October 13, 2010

Love it! some might render the game inappropriate, but a couple kissing scenes are the worst part of the game. Allows kids to make grown up decisions. FUN!
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2009

Great for teens and up

Sims 3 is very sexual, but the only sexual parts when people flirt and when they do "it" but you can't see cause they under the covers in the bed. Sims 3 is the best Sims so far. But there is only 1 city.
Adult Written bygleekgal December 1, 2009

The game is pretty expensive, but I think it is worth it. People can choose friendly, good, or family-oriented Sims. It is extremely easy to play. I think it is perfect for ages eleven and up, though eight to ten year olds probably need to be watched while they play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTaqueli July 31, 2009

this game is pretty fun. the only problem is that sometimes when something bad happens to your sim, a younger player could get either very angry or sad. my sister cried all night because her sim died. might wanna talk to your kids about how its just a game, and nothing else.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluv2sing0723 July 29, 2009

Iffy For Younger Kids, Just Fine For Tweens and Teens

I am 13 and I play Sims 2 (i hope to get Sims 3 soon :D). Violence isn't THAT bad really. The worst they do is smack each other. And if kids don't know what the inappropriate stuff you can do IS then obviously they won't do it. I mean, I don't know EXACTLY what it is either... yet, so I don't do it. I have no desire to. The mean personalities and aliens and ghosts and things may be a little scary for the younger ones. But I would say around 9+ it's fine with parents' permission and evaluation of the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunarheart14 June 24, 2009

A bit difficult, but extremely fun!

You need a good computer for this game or it will be slow! But its so much better than the SIMS2. Sims can now fish, garden, become master chefs, become an astronaut, etc! Lots of things! The only inappropriate thing is that you still 'make babies' but that is censored. As well as sims showering and using the bathroom, those are both blurred. The only reason why I made the age a bit higher is because of the difficulty of playing the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynoura101 June 18, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byMissErica June 13, 2009

Sims Rock my socks!

I am so happy that I bought this game. It dose have "woohoo" and making out, however. But then so dose life. Which is basiclly what this game is. It's so addicting and entertaining you won't want to stop playing it. I reccomend this game to ages 12+. Buy the game and you'll understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiheartchocolate198 June 5, 2009

NOT FAIR!

parents always judge too quickly. my parents let me have sims2 when i was 11. now i am about to get sims3. the game is very entertaining and, i admit, sometimes addicting, but its easy to get over the feeling. also, as for the whoo-whoo! - kids under the age of 7 dont even know what it is. my friend has a sister and she is 5. me and my friend have been playing sims for a couple of years now. her little sister still doesnt suspect anything. as for the male-male or female-female relationships - well, i did not find out about that for a long time, because i thought that was unavailible, so i didnt even try. so parents, DONT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 6, 2012

LEARNING

The Sims 3

This game is only :|
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2012

For tweens, teens and others!

`THIS GAME IS NOT FOR 15 YEAR OLDS! It is for tweens, teens and adults who want to experiment with life in a safe and non-harming way.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

It is Very nice but I don't have a original of sims 3! I can't understand to speaking people! there's a payment of mail! and a having a romantic?!?
Parent of a 11 year old Written bybroadwaybaby1 November 17, 2009

perfect for ages 10 and up

this game is perfect for ages 10 and up. It is not that inappropriate sex relationship wise, but yes it can be a little violent at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 June 23, 2009

A strong sequal, but unless you have the latest computer, the game will be slow

This is a very well done sequal to the sims 2, it includes many new features that mske it much more fun, it has issues though: 1. Sims can get into fights, but they're not very graphic. 2. as in the other sims games, sims can make out, flirt, and "Who hoo". 3. The sims don't speak english, but you can tenn when they're suposed to be cursing. 4. sims can steal from thier neighbors and even become master thiefs as a careeer path. So overall this is a worthy sequal to the sims 2!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPepi June 21, 2009