All member reviews for The Sims 3

Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Written byAnonymous November 5, 2014

Ok Game

I think that you should allow a teenager to play this game not a kid
Teen, 13 years old Written byGarret October 25, 2014

A fun game, that can be addictive.

This game is a fun, realistic life simulator that can be iffy at some parts. The parts that might alert a parent is the option to have sex with or "WhooHoo" another sim. While this may be iffy for some kids, it doesn't show anything graphic or realistic, unlike for example Grand Theft Auto and such. It is not much to worry about, if the option is selected by the player a short sequence is shown where the sims dress in bed apparel and go under the covers as the covers move and hearts float above. One problem is that this option can be selected repeatedly, but the other things in this magnificent game will probably come to the players attention such as jobs, houses, skills and other things. If the player chooses to get aggressive with other sims through chosen dialogue a fight option will sometimes occur, but the fight sequence is slapstick and humorous and dust blocks what they are doing (no different than watching the three stooges). Sims will expose themselves nude in spots when they take a shower, bath, or go to the bathroom but it is all blurred out with pixels so nothing is exposed. A fun game, but kids may need guidance every now and then.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupergojira2001 October 22, 2014

Good for kids!

The people in this game (sims) are very cartoon like. They speak a made up language so there's no swearing. There are bars, but they only serve juice. There are sex related things and nudity but all of that is either never shown or pixelated. However it might be a bit too complex for kids under 8 or 9. Good game for kids.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2014

The Sims 3

I am only 10, but I'm a lot more MATURE than the average 10-year old. For the average kid they should be at least 13, as the game includes making out and "WooHoo". You also fight and be mean to other sims, as well as be a criminal. Really fun game.
Kid, 11 years old October 10, 2014

Kids can show their creative side and actually choose what they want to do.

Kids probably will try to avoid or not understand doing sexual interactions. Most girls 10-13 are sexist and won't even think about boys. Kids are most likely (if they're mature) going to express their creative side. I'm 11 and the only reason I wanted it is because you can actually DO things. In most games when you buy an item its just there for decoration, but in the sims you can use it. Violence? The Violence isn't bad. Its all Cartoon-y and covers it up with clouds. Kids can create their own story by getting like their dream job and house. Everything is normally alright for ages 10 and up, 6-9 are iffy, and 5 and under are aloud but wouldn't be the best mix. This game shouldn't be rated Teen, it should be rated 10+. Parents should know what their kids are doing are alright. (Besides most sexual interactions are censored+ Its not like we haven't seen a kiss before.) This game is definitely not 15+. This game is really addicting. 10+ should be it's real rating.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2014

Great for kids 10+ and maybe 9 if they are mature

Sims can 'WooHoo', try for a baby, streak, and skinny dip, but it's all censored. When Sims take a shower, bathe, use the bathroom, or anything that includes being nude, they're areas will be pixelated. If Nudity Censor is turned off, they're areas won't be in detail. Breasts won't have nipples, and the other area is just a bump. If sims do a shower WooHoo with Censor off, the sims will just stand there in the shower. Sims can go to a bar and have made-up drinks, but that's it. They can have juice and nectar, but they'll just be a little wild and frisky. As for role models, sims can have bad traits like snob, meanspirited, hates children, etc. No foul language will be used in the dialouge because sims do not speak a real language. Actually, they do. Gibberish. Parents, your children may want to spend a lot of money on any games in The Sims series, but just be careful and you won't end up spending too much money. Parents with kids under 13, you should play or watch videos of The Sims before letting your kid play. This game is not for kids 5 or younger. Kids 6-8 should be watched when playing. Some sexual parts may be confusing for kids under 10, like when sims WooHoo/try for baby (the games term for it) and the bed/haystack/shower/wherever moving with sounds or all of it being censored in a shower. Anyways, parents, just be careful for any kids under 13.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2014

❤ Luv It ❤

❤ The Sims 3 is such a beautiful and fun game! I play on it about 1-2 hours a day, depending on what i have to do. Its super fun! And it has cheap expansions, add ons and free CC! (Custom Content!) Positive Messages = 7 - There are many positive aspects of the game. The game has 'Memories' where all great (and the not so great) memories are stored. Mostly good though! Even if its just swimming, the game collects memories and allows players to capture the memories! Also, the sims that are good get rewarded during their lives! Sex = 4 - Not much. Romance is not forced upon and not genrally the core of the game. Its a option you can go for. Woohoo is just covers and love hearts! Woohoo is not big, and requiers the players consent. Violence = 2 - Fights covered up with clouds. Many sims wont harm the players sims, and they are pretty peaceful. Unless chosen, violence wont happen. Consumerism - 1 = Sims like rich houses and nice things, but that's part of the game! They earn cash unless cheats are used. Drinking - 1 = No drinking. It is replaced by ''Juice'' that makes a sim have suger rush. Its not influenced and is a option. Safety = Older players can sign up to Origin and assess a online world where they can socialize, send gifts, receive gifts, share memories and make friends. They can also upload sims and houses and furniture as well as use the free simpoints they get with the game. ❤ I loooove it! 10+ c;
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2014

LOVE!

Look at my username. I am a Simmer forever. Don't be so worried, it's NOT inappropriate. It's the best game ever I LOVE IT. I know how to use it and I LOVEEEEEEEE it! My favorite expansion pack is Generations and my favorite stuff pack is Town Life Stuff. I really love the Sims 3 and it's amazing to me because I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs and store worlds. My favorite world in Sims 3 is Riverview then Aurora Skies then Sunset Valley then Twinbrook and more. I have Sims 1 and Sims 2 and love them too but Sims 3 is my favorite.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2014

Great Game! But does get a little addicting after a while.

I love this game! It has many real life situations that teens and tweens will most likely go through as they get older. Sure there is some romantic and violent scenes that can happen but other than that kids 11 and up should be able to handle it. I was on Youtube and I stumbled around a channel that does "Lets Play's" for the Sims 3 and a few other games. I started watching some of her videos and I started to really like it so I asked my parents to buy the Sims 3 starter pack for me. I have started to really like it and I hope you do too. P.S: If you did not already know...If you like the Sims 3, then the Sims 4 is coming out in less than a month!
Adult Written byM&M1995 August 15, 2014

Life simulation game has charm and inspires creativity.

The Sims 3 is the top-selling PC game of all-time for a reason. The game may have a Teen ESRB rating, but it is perfectly fine for the tweens. The Sims 3 is a game of decisions. It is up to the player what sorts of activities they want to engage in, and they are free to choose how they want their Sims to live. It is a highly addictive game, but it can get boring fast if you don't find new ways to play. It is an open-ended life simulation game, meaning that there are no specific missions to partake in. Those who have had the privilege of playing The Sims 3 know that there is an undeniable charm about it, and there are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments that make for a consistently humorous experience. Players can design the homes of their Sims, make them visit locations around town, build relationships with other Sims, and get jobs, just like in real life. The Sims 3 really does inspire the player to unleash their creativity. The Sims have various wants and needs that you have to fulfill in order for them to remain happy and healthy, unless you want to feel the wrath of your angry, depressed Sims. Needs include Hunger, Bladder, Social, Fun, Hygiene, Sleep, and Comfort. When Sims use the toilet or take a shower or bath, or if they simply go in the nude, sensitive parts are pixelated. Language in the game is not an issue since the Sims speak "Simlish," a nonsensical language that cannot be understood, and it is very funny to listen to your Sims interact in this otherworldly language. If you click on another Sim, a menu pops up with different social interactions that can be used on them. There are mean and romantic interactions in the game, so be weary of that. Mean interactions include yell at, argue, slap, fight, insult, poke, and so on. The violence in the game though is extremely mild and cartoony. Sims sometimes use middle finger gestures (blurred), and swear words (bleeped) when they are particularly upset about something. It is also possible for Sims to die due to natural causes such as old age or illness, or more odd occurences such as getting hit by a meteorite. Players can also deliberately kill off their Sims using cruel methods such as drowning them, starving them, putting them in a room with no doors or windows, or starting a fire in the kitchen and burning them (and their house) down. Romantic interactions allow Sims to make out, kiss, flirt, give massages, and "woohoo" which is the equivalent of sex. Players can even have sex in unusual places such as an elevator. Also there is an option to "Try for Baby." Additionally, Sims have life goals or aspirations, and examples include having a specific number of romantic partners, having a specific number of children, or breaking up with a specific number of Sims. Some of the clothes that you can dress your Sims in, specifically female Sims, are provocative. Same-sex romance is made possible in the game as well, because Sims are not bound by sexual orientations. Some of the objects in the game include a vibrating heart bed and hot tubs. Expansion packs can be purchased for The Sims 3, and they add additional features and gameplay elements that parents should be aware of. For instance, The Sims 3: Generations expansion pack allows players to make their Sims carry out pranks and get arrested; The Sims 3: Late Night allows Sims to go out to bars and clubs, party, delve into the dating scene, and skinny-dip in pools or hot tubs; and The Sims 3: University Life enables players to engage in binge drinking, attend or host frat house parties, and run naked around town (streaking). There are also numerous cheat codes and game modifications that can be downloaded from the Internet that add teen pregnancy and full body nudity, and regular downloads (known as custom content) of racy clothing and love objects are available. The Sims 3 is also on video game consoles and handheld devices (mature, suggestive content is less of an issue in these versions). However the experience is much funner on the PC. Trust me when I say this, I've played Sims games for most of my life and there is nothing to be too concerned about here.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014

Good for Mature Kids

It's great for mature kids (like me). The Sims is kind of a real life simulator. You create a sim and its clothes for PJs, Swimwear, Outwear, Casual, Formal and so on. There is a button you can do, WooHoo, which means your sims having sex or trying for a baby. The nudity is covered by blurs, and most violence is covered by smoke. Your sims can die. The Grim Reaper will appear and turn your dead Sim into a ghost. Your sims can fall in love and have violence acts. It's quite easy controls and this game is great. There are lots of YouTubers doing Sims videos... Watch some before trying out the game, watch iBallisticSquid's Sims 3 Let's Play. Great Game! They speak in a deifferent language, Similish which isnt a real language so isnt great for little kids learning to speak.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDaniel Sakara July 8, 2014

Good but don't bother.

I love the Sims 3, I find it extremely fun and addictive. Now you're probably wondering why the big red thumbs down? Well... First of all, the game costs 400$ for all the DLC and there's Micro-transactions! Micro-transactions should not be in games I pay for or in single player games! This is a complete waste of money, were I can buy about 30 games with $400 rather than getting a bunch of DLC that are a complete waste of money. I don't mind buying DLC but when I buy a game, but I don't want to pay for extra content that costs $400 when I have already paid for the game and have couches, fridges and clothes cost real money! I would recommend buying the game, but the DLC will make the game actually a lot better, so its recommended to buy the game on sale and pick it up for about $100 I sure as hell thought the game was fun and had a lot of things to do, but paying huge amounts of cash into a game is way too much for me and pretty sure for anyone else.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2014

It's Amazing!

The Sims 3 is one of the best games out there! I love it, and i get lots of beautiful clothing and hair and houses for my sims on a free website! (thesimsresourse.com) I find that it's not sexual at all, woohoo is nothing to be feared of. It is simply just seen as ''fun'' to the sims. I really do not find what the bi deal is. So what? Lesbian and Gay couples? Are you guys serious, stop being rude. It's kind of mean to say that its wrong, its part of life. This game was made to be realistic and have endless possibilities, so its good that possibility stands there, its nice to see something realistic and truthful. There is no violence for that matter. Sometimes sims can fight, in a comical way with a blur. The fights last no more than 20 seconds and does not change the appearance of the sim. I love the way CAS is made. Its really easy to make the perfect sim with custom content sites full of beautiful items that you can easily download. You can make long or short names, and give the m a wacky and pretty choice of skin colors. There is a breast, muscle, muscle definiton and weight slider. The Breast slider is nothing. You can set hair and makeup by outfit, and adjust the clothes colors and patterns to your liking. You can organize content with filters and shop from the Sims 3 store in-game. The simponts are cheap, and 1000 come free with the base game. Once registered with your base game, you can upload sims, clothing, and anything else! Then save them for further use. You can make u to 8 sims, and also have the option to make a twin of them. They have traits, personalites, voices and lots of other choices too. You can also play with genetics and mix a child out of the parents, so you can have a perfect kid to edit. Its very simple, and you can get advanced sliders. The game is detailed, and you can get towns to live in and progress. You can be whoever you want to be! I love this game, i think its made for around my age... not 17! 17 is almost a adult, so please do not make horrific judgements like that o-o
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2014

good game

I am 11 and this game does have some sex in it but it is always covers if you already know all of it this game should be fine
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaggie01 June 21, 2014

Awesome!

I've played Sims games since I was eight! I played MySims Kingdom on my Nintendo DS. Kids learn what it's like to manage a family, career, and pay bills! Kids will love creating Sims and pets, and create their dream homes! In Create A Sim, you can make all body shapes, including breast size, and make all personalities. There are some showy clothes, but you cannot be naked. Sims can also be vegetarian or modest. You can have sex, but it's called "woohoo" and it's very minimal. I mean, that's life! There is no swearing because Sims talk in "Simlish." There is no drinking either - wine is known as 'nectar' and beer is known as 'juice.' It isn't alcoholic, because teens can drink it. After Sims drink nectar or juice, they aren't drunk, but are 'juiced.' (A sugar overload) You can be in the criminal career, but you don't kill people. Sometimes burglars come which might be scary for some kids, and there are mummies in foreign tombs, but the game doesn't make it that scary. Literally, a person in a black and white striped turtle neck and a mask tiptoes through your yard, and the door opens. Sims can fight, which can be intense, but it's nothing too harsh. I don't recommend expansions like Late Night or University Life for young kids because of bars (non-alcoholic), showy clothes, and juice keggers. But I strongly recommend World Adventures, Generations, Ambitions, and Pets. This game I STRONGLY RECOMMEND for everyone! It's so addicting and you can me on for hours!
Educator Written bybugmenot May 31, 2014

Addictive, great, unnecessary and skill-enhancing all in one

The Sims...what to say about the Sims...well, I have never played the Sims 2, but as far as I can tell, the animation was better, the story was better, the drawings were better, and I cannot understand the reasoning behind this other than a worse product for more money spent. The Sims 3 lets you take control of much of the lives of people you either create or choose. I am going to get down to why I think only older kids should play this. You can have sex with multiple people (yes, it is hidden). Some of the noises during romance are questionable, if not flat-out realistic. The scenes can get steamy, despite it being between animated characters. There is a good message, though: If you cheat, there are consequences. You can choose to have protected or unprotected sex. The unprotected sex may also just be oral sex. I do not believe Sims 3 has ever clarified this. A child may put two and two together and realize "WooHoo" is the same as "Try for Baby". There is a lot of reason to buy things. Better things cost more money. You can place electronics wherever you want and do not need to place plugs. You do not need to pay for paintbrushes, or gas, or dry off from the bath. There are many other examples such as this, which make the Sims a pseudo-utopia. You can use this to show how hard it is to raise a family. I raised 2 toddlers recently. It's so hard. I had to stop playing the game for a while to rest. Yes, this game can tire you out! It shows how much a baby can tax even a family of adults for 2 kids. This game is very addictive. I do wish I had never given into curiosity, but I also don't regret it. If you know your child has an addictive personality, do not get this. But they may also find ways to play it. So know your child; know this game and you should make a good decision. If your kid can't play this, I would worry. This is very easy. Now in the 2010s, this game offers online posting ability. Be wary of your child and whether or not they are doing this. It's very easy to not to do, but also easy, as well. All in all, I'd say this game in full would cost about 290 dollars? Many expansions. If you are going to be buying other small packs online, I'd say it can go up to 1,500 dollars, but that is a sheer guess. I do not purchase things other than official expansion packs, and I have not purchased all of them. You can earn points online by going to the Sims site and clicking on the appropriate video icon. You earn about 5 points per view and sometimes you can view a video many, many times! Sometimes videos are available in an icon via the Sims 3 starter window. Clicking on that, you are taken to Internet Explorer/Safari and then the Sims page. It should be self-explanatory when you see it. But that is how you can get random cool things for the game for free. Despite being worse than Sims 2, this is an amazing game and it rightfully deserves the 5 stars I bestowed upon it!
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2014

It's completely fine for kids.

Hello, I'm reviewing the Sims 3, which you already know. Let's start out with the sexual themes. This game has it, but it's very mild. People have the option to hug, hold hands, kiss, WooHoo, and try for a baby. WooHoo can happen in bed, hot tub, shower, closet, and a lot more. in bed, the most common, they put their heads under the sheet, giggle, and get out. it's more mild than the older sims franchise, but it's still sex. nudity is a factor, but it's not shown. people can streak in the game, go to the bathroom, take a shower, regular naked things, but the privates (whether boy or girl) are never shown, they just get blurred out. there is no drinking in this game, its juice. no language either, they don't even speak English, it's gibberish. The violence isn't bad either, they fight in a cloud of smoke, than come out.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2014

AWSOME GAME

I personally think the sims is for kids 10+ but if younger kids want it you should either watch them or have a talk about woohoo (sex) romance or if they dont have dirty minds, if they are mature enughf i play sims 3 and im 10 i have every expansion pack and stuff pack and yes there are good role models like is sims 3 ambitions there are firefighters and doctors so the jobs can show them helping each other out or how to a doctor/firefighter is like
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2014

The sims 3 review

I LOVE the sims 3! I try to play it almost all the time. It's a great game but if a young child plays it, you may want to keep them away from the T-parts, like revealing bathing suits, big breasted sims, "woo-hoo," and other innappropirate things, like female sims waking up with "a certain additude" meaning they got their period, but they don't show this. Overall, this is a kids game without those parts. Let's think of it this way: The sims 3 is a more advanced version of My sims.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2014

Sims is a great game!!!

This game is great and pretty realistic but it is also realistic in the ways the players sims make children by sex. the players can have sex In various areas such as bed to showers and hay bales to on jetpacks. but be mindful that you can not see a thing. the game dose frequently show nudity (changes with the way the player plays the game) the game has a blur installed but players can put in a cheat code that makes the blur disappear. Players can also down load costume content and can get cigerettes.