All member reviews for The Sims 3

Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Kid, 10 years old March 3, 2013

A Great Game for Fourth Grade and Up

This game is good for kids 9+. I know a lot of mature and composed nine-year-olds who could easily ignore 'Woo-Hoo' and 'Try for Baby.' Hey, at least they call it 'Woo-Hoo.' Anyway, all they show is the two people in bed, under the covers, giggling. Besides, I think you can turn of 'Woo-Hoo...' Not sure. Also, all the 'Townies' (NPC's in the town that your Sim plays in) are really good role models. Well, almost all of them. Like, the Bachelors are all great role models. This review is getting to long, so goodbye!
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2013

LEARNING

I think the game is okay for anyone, though youngsters might need some accompaniment.

I think this game is so much fun. But this game, however, is very iffy for a child younger than 10, though depending on the child, they might not understand some sexual concepts, such as the 'Woo-hoo' option. So, if you are deciding whether to let a child under 10 play or not, suggest playing with an older sibling or parent to accompany them so they stay away from inappropriate things. Anyways, there are all sorts of things you can do. It kind of plays the same role as a dollhouse. You can customize and name your own Sims with many customization choices, choose their personalities, careers and voices, (that's the fun part) earn money and karma to do these magic spells and whatnot, customize your home, raise kids and so much more. I love the game and I can play for hours at a time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnicornGirl February 19, 2013

Romantic Stuff: Not for kids

A little confusing for younger kids on some romantic stuff, but a great game that lets you manage money and design a dream home.
Kid, 9 years old February 16, 2013

Sims 3

I am brave enough to handle things like this at a younger age, but for others I think maybe not. Sims can die, be evil, go to jail, or get married. this can be educational because it teaches us things to do and good traits and The rewards, also the good choices we should make.
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2013

jasmins onlinesims

i think it is good for age 12-13 because it is social and post me an other comment because it is like the best games in the world
Kid, 10 years old January 26, 2013

Sims 3 is innapropriate!

I play the sims 3 and it's lots of fun it's just that since i'm ten it can be a bit innapropriate because of the whoo-hoo thing. It can also be pretty addicting,once Iplayed it for 5 hours straight. That's a lllllloooooonnnnnggg time! So I thing teens sould be able to play it but yeah, I'm not so sure if I should play it. I love it though!!!!
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2013

Funnest game ever!

Great and Fun! Good for 8 and up just beause of woohoo. I played on as 8 year old and it were'nt harming me! Its plain great and if i could i would say you minght be giving the worong opinion saing its for 17 year olds!
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2013

Sims 3 Is Safe

The game is simple to play and does not contain elliptic content.Its pretty safe and i played on it when i was 8 and i were safe to!
Teen, 16 years old Written byFernandope January 5, 2013

The Sims 3 Review

The Sims 3 like it's predecessors is a really addicting game. Though you have a life goal, most people preffer the use of cheats to play the game. It does not have anything really valuable to teach, but it does show how the choices you make can affect your life (losing friends after insulting them, getting in trouble if you're out past your curfew, ect.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatherinePertrova December 26, 2012

Fantastic Game for Teens

I love this game! It involves a number of different aspects and,if you somehow get bored, you can simply purchase one of the many expansion packs. However, this game is not for children as it contains sexual encounters. If you have or are a teen that enjoys playing with life, dressing up characters and creating homes (architectural design) then i thoroughly recommend this game. Happy Simming!!
Kid, 9 years old December 3, 2012

A great game... for after homework

I personally am addicted to the Sims and am waiting for The "Showtime" expansion pack to come out. SEX: Sims can have s-x but it is referred to as a "WooHoo" they may also kiss, and makeout. note: If you dont want you're child seeing any more then above then do not get "The Sims 3 Late Night" It involves a lot more... activity. VIOLENCE: Sims may get into physical fights if mad at each other. It isn't very violent... usually... but sims eventually pass away. Overall a must play for people 12&up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmmaLemmaz December 1, 2012

Sims 3 Lover

There is a bar that you can get drinks from. Woohooing and Try For Baby is an interaction. At the Sims 3 store you can buy branded items like a tablet, Ford cars, and other stuff. I am OBSESSED with this game!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEverything'sAmazing November 17, 2012

LEARNING

The title in the Sims franchise yet!

This is a great game! The graphics are unbelievable and a HUGE step up from the previous game (Sims 2). A seamless neighbourhood means your Sim can travel to their friends houses, go jogging, arrange outings and many more! In addition, the trait system brings a whole new aspect of reality to the game- you can choose from a list of of characteristics that will affect how your Sim acts. Examples of these traits include friendly, natural cook, vegetarian, brave etc. The game can be as inappropriate as the controller makes it- if you want your Sim to get into a fight with their enemy so be it, or if your Sim wants to 'WooHoo' with their boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancée/spouse then you can make them do just that. However the violence/romance in the game is pretty much censored as all sexual activity takes place under covers and is impossible for the player to see and fights are covered by dust in a cartoon-y sort of way. Overall, I think this game is appropriate for those above eleven years because of the teen-content there is in the game. I would recommend this game to anyone because this is such an addictive and engaging game. Happy Simming!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNatalieActress November 3, 2012

LEARNING

Best Game Ever For Teens!

THE BEST GAME EVER! I got this game almost 3 years ago when I was 11. I didn't think it was that inappropriate then. The only things are the romance and woohoo and some fighting and bad traits. I have all the expansions, but the base game really includes everything to have fun playing sims. And obviously there's no bad language unless someone can decode Simish!
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2012

Depends on the parent

I think that the game is suitable for any age 9+. I would rate 3+ but the only problem preventing me from that is the "woohoo". But, to be fair its only the two people under the covers with it moving up&down, so I wouldn't really class it as unsuitable. So its up to the parent really if they think its suitable or not.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2012

THE REVIEW

this game is a very good game for a tween
Teen, 13 years old Written byDistrict5 September 6, 2012

LEARNING

Addictive, but can teach your child responsibility

People who play sims only really hate it or love it. If you love it, you're addicted. If you hate it, well...you don't play it. If you're already worried about your child spending too much time on the computer, I wouldn't recommend it. The Sims 3 is basically a game created to be like real life. You eat, you sleep, you brush your teeth...etc. In fact, if you're trying to get your child to be more responsible, this game might not be a bad idea. One of the huge perks about this game is (as stated above), learning to be more responsible. For example, if you don't do your homework, you get detention and can't play with your friends. As you get older, you'll need to get a job, or else you can't buy things that you want and need. If you brush your teeth, you'll have more friends. There are however, a few downsides, for younger kids especially. Your Sims can't actually have sex, but there is an extremely refined version of it, called a "Woohoo". It's really not a big deal, they just go into bed for ten seconds (so you can't see them), and then get up. They only actually have that action so that you can have kids. It's so mild, I really wouldn't worry about it personally since you don't see anything at all. I doubt any younger kids would have suspicions about it at all. The other small drawback is that your sims can die of old age. Personally, I don't worry about that either. Also remember, the Sims can be extremely addictive, so you should monitor the amount of time your child plays it. Personally, I would let any child over the age of 11 play it. It might not make that much since to a 6 year old though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBonesAndBooth1424 July 28, 2012

Amazing game, completely appropriate

This game is the greatest, it's absolutely brilliant :) Players have so much freedom and can live a little life! There's no drugs or murder or anything bad either! Yes, there's sex, but it's absolutely clean. The bed covers move around...that's about it. And it's called woohoo, which cleans it up even more for younger players. They most likely wouldn't even know what's going on.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob F July 26, 2012

Fifteen? FIFTEEN?!

I think I'm beginning to notice that all of the primary reviews on here are way over-the-top. Let me pinpoint some of the "displeasing" references in this game. • Your sims can "WooHoo"- essentially, your sims can have sex. Which would be expected, considering it's a life simulation game. WooHoo consists of your sims going underneath the covers of the bed and making noise. The covers rustle, and little hearts fall from the sky, and your sims come out a few seconds later in their pajamas. Seriously, there is nothing terribly graphic about this AT ALL. Any child that is aware of what intercourse is, can handle this just fine. The only other sexual references found in the game are hugging, holding hands, flirting, kissing, making out, etc- ALL of which kids 10 and up should be able to handle. • Your sims CAN get into physical fights. However, there is nothing graphic about this either. There is no blood, and no evidence that a fight occurred after it happens. When sims get into physical fights, the one tackles the other, and they basically roll around in a little dust cloud for a few seconds. They both get up, lose points on their little "friendship meter", and go about their day. Keep in mind that the entire game is a life simulator- any content that you don't want your kids to experience, you can monitor yourself. If you're really set on not allowing your child to use the WooHoo feature, you can suggest alternatives (i.e your child can have their sims adopt a child, or they can make one using the Create-a-Sim feature). Remember that The Sims is all about life- chances are your child will want their sim to get a great job, live in a big house, have tons of friends, etc, and all of that is possible with The Sims 3! I've played it since I was 13 and it's one of my favorite games, the possibilities are practically endless, and it's a great opportunity for your child to experience their own creativity and ingenuity within the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytherightinfo July 25, 2012

LEARNING

#1 PC game-great for consoles.

The Sims 3 is a very popular PC stimulation game where you can create your character(a sim),and play with life and choose to fufill your sims destinies and dreams.It is very addicting and attracts young players. However, the Sims 3 does have content.The main content is the Sexual content: You can either choose to WooHoo or try for a baby. When you click either of those events, your sims go under the bed covers and jump about.You then hear brief moaning and giggling.