All member reviews for The Sims 3

Mature life sim with more personality than ever.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byglennmaster September 30, 2009

love it
Teen, 15 years old Written bymuzikfreak147 July 31, 2009

Great game, sexuality is overrated, and teaches real-life consequences

Ok, first off, the sexual content of the Sims is far beyond overrated. It is so far from explicit. Unless they know what sex is, they are not going to know what's going on, and even then, the only parallel it has with sex is that children can result from it. On the moral side of things, Sims CAN cheat on each other, and "WooHoo" with Sims they are not married to, but if you have raised your child to know that these things are wrong, they probably won't do it. And if they do, it honestly isn't going to cause them to do the same thing. It would actually discourage it, because Sims have the same consequences that real-life would for doing such a thing. Anyway, this is possibly the most fun game I've ever played and is fine for anyone 12+ (possibly even 10+)
Teen, 15 years old Written byjazzybee45 June 18, 2009

I liked it!!!!

I think this game is the greatest of all Sims history. I love it. I was amazed by it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeowmix9 June 3, 2009

sex

how they have sex
Adult Written byjhconlon1236 February 18, 2015

This game is great

This game is very over rated there is nothing bad about it i recommend you buy this for your child
Teen, 13 years old Written byGriffin3150 December 29, 2014

Best game I have ever played!

The Sims 3 (and the entire Sims series, in general) is an amazing game, with so much to offer. The violence? Pfft! There is none! They can die, but dying is not gruesome in any way. Sims allows you to play the way you want, how you want. However, you can make choices, and some of them may not be good, depending on the type of character you want your Sim to be. They can be an aspiring artist, or, if you want to lean more to the dark side, you can be a crime lord. The choice is yours. Sex is bare, and the most you will ever see is two people, under the blankets. The blankets are shaked a bit, indicating that they are having sex, but apart from that, there is nothing. Any nudity is blurred out. However, there are mods you can download that can make the blur disappear, and you can see the entire body. But mods are not part of the game, they are user-created. As for swearing, all the characters in the game talk in a gibberish language, called Simlish. You can, however, hear their tones change. So, if they are flirting, you know they are flirting because you can hear it in their voice. Even the music is in Simlish. This game teaches children how to buy and invest and manage their funds so that they won't go bankrupt. It also has a Sims store, if your child has internet. You can talk over the forums, and download content from the store (but they screen all of the content submitted, so it's perfectly safe). But the things you download might bug up your computer, depending on what model it is. Apart from all of that, I would encourage you to get it right now if your kid wants it because it really is an amazing game.
Adult Written byhujjy4 December 25, 2014

Listen Up AMAZING

There are more sexual and violence references in Disney and Nick shows. It's definitely not a thing you have to worry about, even if they have no idea. My child is 13 years old and loves this game. She creates characters based off people she knows in real life.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypopsfootloose949 December 22, 2014

I would not recommend this to a young audience.

The Sims 3, in all its critical praise, has suggestive themes in it that need to be addressed: - Censored nudity can be seen when in the shower or on the toilet; not too extreme, but may be seen as sexual. - Options to WooHoo (a.k.a. have sex) with a Sim that you are in a romantic relationship with either in a double bed or in the shower. - Some of the clothing options can be seen as sexual; dress your character responsibly. - Same sex couples can be seen. While not anything that is uncommon, it may bring up some questions. - The Grim Reaper comes for a Sim at time of death. Death comes from electrocution, drowning, burning, old age, etc. - Bars are featured in-game. Sims can purchase alcoholic drinks. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else. Another thing to note about The Sims 3 is that it shows middle schoolers (and possibly younger) great ways to advance in the business world and is, at times, educational. Hope this helps any parents looking to buy this game for their child!
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2014

Nothing Wrong, Just Mature

in the sims 3, there is a option to try for baby and woohoo (sex) but it is all under the bed covers so they will never see and when they goto the toilet, shower, etc it is all pixelated so you cant see the rude bits. all violence is in a puff of grey smoke so you will only see a sim fall over in the end and there is no blood, cuts or bruises. They just need to be a bit mature when the DO choose to have sex. dont buy any expansion backs apart from Pets and Seasons otherwise it will make the game rated T (us) or M (australia). it is only alredy reated that because of the expansion packs you can buy. doesnt matter about the stuff packs.
Adult Written bythegirlwithauni... December 4, 2014

ITS FINE

They mention *baby making* a lot but thats really it. Take it from a long time player of the game. Once they've had the talk, its FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2014

Mature kids would like.

For mature kids, this is a good game for them! Please, don't get this for your 10- kids unless they are real mature. There is some inapproprite stuff in the romantic interactions, making it closer to the T rating. The fighting appears as a puff of smoke around your sims, and there is no blood in the mean interactions.
Written byAnonymous November 5, 2014

Ok Game

I think that you should allow a teenager to play this game not a kid
Teen, 13 years old Written byGarret October 25, 2014

A fun game, that can be addictive.

This game is a fun, realistic life simulator that can be iffy at some parts. The parts that might alert a parent is the option to have sex with or "WhooHoo" another sim. While this may be iffy for some kids, it doesn't show anything graphic or realistic, unlike for example Grand Theft Auto and such. It is not much to worry about, if the option is selected by the player a short sequence is shown where the sims dress in bed apparel and go under the covers as the covers move and hearts float above. One problem is that this option can be selected repeatedly, but the other things in this magnificent game will probably come to the players attention such as jobs, houses, skills and other things. If the player chooses to get aggressive with other sims through chosen dialogue a fight option will sometimes occur, but the fight sequence is slapstick and humorous and dust blocks what they are doing (no different than watching the three stooges). Sims will expose themselves nude in spots when they take a shower, bath, or go to the bathroom but it is all blurred out with pixels so nothing is exposed. A fun game, but kids may need guidance every now and then.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupergojira2001 October 22, 2014

Good for kids!

The people in this game (sims) are very cartoon like. They speak a made up language so there's no swearing. There are bars, but they only serve juice. There are sex related things and nudity but all of that is either never shown or pixelated. However it might be a bit too complex for kids under 8 or 9. Good game for kids.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2014

The Sims 3

I am only 10, but I'm a lot more MATURE than the average 10-year old. For the average kid they should be at least 13, as the game includes making out and "WooHoo". You also fight and be mean to other sims, as well as be a criminal. Really fun game.
Kid, 11 years old October 10, 2014

Kids can show their creative side and actually choose what they want to do.

Kids probably will try to avoid or not understand doing sexual interactions. Most girls 10-13 are sexist and won't even think about boys. Kids are most likely (if they're mature) going to express their creative side. I'm 11 and the only reason I wanted it is because you can actually DO things. In most games when you buy an item its just there for decoration, but in the sims you can use it. Violence? The Violence isn't bad. Its all Cartoon-y and covers it up with clouds. Kids can create their own story by getting like their dream job and house. Everything is normally alright for ages 10 and up, 6-9 are iffy, and 5 and under are aloud but wouldn't be the best mix. This game shouldn't be rated Teen, it should be rated 10+. Parents should know what their kids are doing are alright. (Besides most sexual interactions are censored+ Its not like we haven't seen a kiss before.) This game is definitely not 15+. This game is really addicting. 10+ should be it's real rating.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2014

Great for kids 10+ and maybe 9 if they are mature

Sims can 'WooHoo', try for a baby, streak, and skinny dip, but it's all censored. When Sims take a shower, bathe, use the bathroom, or anything that includes being nude, they're areas will be pixelated. If Nudity Censor is turned off, they're areas won't be in detail. Breasts won't have nipples, and the other area is just a bump. If sims do a shower WooHoo with Censor off, the sims will just stand there in the shower. Sims can go to a bar and have made-up drinks, but that's it. They can have juice and nectar, but they'll just be a little wild and frisky. As for role models, sims can have bad traits like snob, meanspirited, hates children, etc. No foul language will be used in the dialouge because sims do not speak a real language. Actually, they do. Gibberish. Parents, your children may want to spend a lot of money on any games in The Sims series, but just be careful and you won't end up spending too much money. Parents with kids under 13, you should play or watch videos of The Sims before letting your kid play. This game is not for kids 5 or younger. Kids 6-8 should be watched when playing. Some sexual parts may be confusing for kids under 10, like when sims WooHoo/try for baby (the games term for it) and the bed/haystack/shower/wherever moving with sounds or all of it being censored in a shower. Anyways, parents, just be careful for any kids under 13.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2014

❤ Luv It ❤

❤ The Sims 3 is such a beautiful and fun game! I play on it about 1-2 hours a day, depending on what i have to do. Its super fun! And it has cheap expansions, add ons and free CC! (Custom Content!) Positive Messages = 7 - There are many positive aspects of the game. The game has 'Memories' where all great (and the not so great) memories are stored. Mostly good though! Even if its just swimming, the game collects memories and allows players to capture the memories! Also, the sims that are good get rewarded during their lives! Sex = 4 - Not much. Romance is not forced upon and not genrally the core of the game. Its a option you can go for. Woohoo is just covers and love hearts! Woohoo is not big, and requiers the players consent. Violence = 2 - Fights covered up with clouds. Many sims wont harm the players sims, and they are pretty peaceful. Unless chosen, violence wont happen. Consumerism - 1 = Sims like rich houses and nice things, but that's part of the game! They earn cash unless cheats are used. Drinking - 1 = No drinking. It is replaced by ''Juice'' that makes a sim have suger rush. Its not influenced and is a option. Safety = Older players can sign up to Origin and assess a online world where they can socialize, send gifts, receive gifts, share memories and make friends. They can also upload sims and houses and furniture as well as use the free simpoints they get with the game. ❤ I loooove it! 10+ c;
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2014

LOVE!

Look at my username. I am a Simmer forever. Don't be so worried, it's NOT inappropriate. It's the best game ever I LOVE IT. I know how to use it and I LOVEEEEEEEE it! My favorite expansion pack is Generations and my favorite stuff pack is Town Life Stuff. I really love the Sims 3 and it's amazing to me because I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs and store worlds. My favorite world in Sims 3 is Riverview then Aurora Skies then Sunset Valley then Twinbrook and more. I have Sims 1 and Sims 2 and love them too but Sims 3 is my favorite.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2014

Great Game! But does get a little addicting after a while.

I love this game! It has many real life situations that teens and tweens will most likely go through as they get older. Sure there is some romantic and violent scenes that can happen but other than that kids 11 and up should be able to handle it. I was on Youtube and I stumbled around a channel that does "Lets Play's" for the Sims 3 and a few other games. I started watching some of her videos and I started to really like it so I asked my parents to buy the Sims 3 starter pack for me. I have started to really like it and I hope you do too. P.S: If you did not already know...If you like the Sims 3, then the Sims 4 is coming out in less than a month!