All member reviews for The Walking Dead: Season Two

Teen, 13 years old Written bytexasbbqisgreat February 21, 2014

Great

I am writing this review on what season 1 was like seeing as i've only played the first part of season 2. First of all i'd like to say this is a really good game. Most people would think its all about killing zombies, but it's really not. Its how people deal with each other, how they survive, how they cope with loss, how it has turned people crazy- although obviously you do kill zombies. However, it has some swearing in. The zombies can be considered scary and it's gory. I can't remember too much on drinking or smoking but it's only minor. Some people could get upset over some characters dying, depends on the person. There are a few jump scares in this game. To me, Lee from season 1 was a great role model , and Clementine could turn out to be a good role model. **If you look at it the right way** **The zombies on the show might give you the wrong impression, the ones in the game are along the same lines but not as real. Im not sure on how to rate age but i'd say 12/13/14 years old. (Mature for age and not scared easily) I would say if you've seen the tv series you will be fine with the game. Note: At the start I said I was rating this on season one, but it is for season two as well. I would be hard to do a full review on season two because theres isnt as many episodes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrRaz0r21 August 5, 2014

Amazing Game!!!

This game is amazing awesome story line so far, it's very violent, not just violence but also blood and gore, in one particular scene you witness a guy smashing someone face with a crowbar 17 times, an arm being chopped off and a person's face cut off. Swearing is frequent, drug use is hardly any. Positive messages are that people need to work in groups and trust each other in times of need. Only a few role models, some that sacrifice themselves and Clem the main character who is strong as keeps persisting.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2014

ddddd

this game may be violent but its the same as season 1.Dont know why its R? why was season 1 MA and this R? if you played season 1 you'd be allowed to play this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander March 8, 2014

Much Tamer than the Previous Season

Chances are, you have probably played the first season of the Walking Dead before picking up this installment. This is a continuation of the previous story line, and due to the game's focus on plot and characterization, you will need to have played the first game. That being said, those who have already played the first season will find that the content is no more disturbing than it was before. It is still a bleak world, but the environment for a large portion of the campaign feels secure. You are originally on the run but are able to find a cabin with survivors and food. Eventually in the second episode, you find an area with electricity and an abundance of supplies. In addition, you now play the role of Clementine, which is much less stressful than playing as Lee. He always needed to protect Clementine above all costs for redemption of past sins, but now the situation feels less dire in her control because she currently doesn't have anything to live for, or at least doesn't know yet. The violence is just about the same level as the last game. Most of it revolves around the killing of zombies with guns, knives, and plant objects. The scenes seem very fast paced this time around, making the action scenes more intense, but less noticeably gory. On occasion you may dismember a limb of a zombie, but these scenes flash quickly making it hard notice the gore. In a painful scene, you must stitch a gaping dog bite on your arm without anesthesia. This lasts for about a minute and you must control the needle. Other notable acts of violence include a dog attacking Clementine (and later being put down), an innocent man being shot accidentally, a hostage situation with a few hostages shot, a man breaking another mans fingers, and multiple scenes of zombie dismemberment (although this happens very fast during scenes of action). The language is the amounted found in most R-Rated movies (f word, sh-t, and others) although it never is overused. Amidst the violent scenes, a majority of the time is spent developing the characters through dialogue in secure areas. If you were ok with the first season of the Walking Dead, the second season is no different in mature content (if not less). On for teens in high school. Iffy for those in late middle school.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShaymin Squirrel August 19, 2014

Brilliant Game

One of the best games I've played, if you liked the first season then you'll love the second season just as much, but you may be heartbroken if your favourite character dies, if you're not sure if this is for you then you can always watch a lets play on youtube to see if you'd like it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bywillman72 March 3, 2014

more intense

cause this season of the game is based around clem after season 1 it a little more grusome as clem can still die and has to go through some horrible scenes. its learning is about narration and choices as all the choices you made in this game and the previous will impact your gameplay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGame_squire June 23, 2015

LEARNING

Another one of telltales master pieces

a great game that is a sequel to the original but a little less gore and a bit more inappropriate references
Kid, 12 years old May 27, 2015

It's Bloody, But Teaches Moral Lessons

I'm Going To Tell You This Right Now; I'm Not Going To Make A Review Lacking Information Parents Need, Nor Will I Be Silly, Like Lots Of "Reviewers" My Age. Telltale Games Continues To Impress Us, Weather It's With Their Unique And Quirky Art Style, Or With Their Impressive Story Telling. Both Come To Play In "The Walking Dead: Season 2". You Play As Clementine, 16 Months After Where We Left Off In The Season 1 Finale. This Time, However, You're By Yourself. No Lee. No Kenny. No Omid Or Christa. However, Clementine Does Manage To Find A New Group, With Characters That Stick With Her Till The End Of The Season. Here Is What Parents Need To Know About "The Walking Dead: Season 2" VIOLENCE: Violence In This Game Is Often Very Bloody. Most Of It Is Against Walkers/Zombies, But Some Is Against Humans. On One Occasion, You Are Forced To Cut A Woman's Arm Off, And The Dig Your Beautiful Axe Straight Into Her Not-So-Beautiful Face. In Another Scene, One Character Is Seen Bashing Another Character's Face With A Crowbar Until It Is Nearly Unrecognizable. However, As Gory As They Game May Seem, The Graphics Are Far From Realistic, As They Look Like Something Straight From A Comic Book. LANGUAGE: Characters Often Use Dialog Such As "F--k" "S--t" "B--ch" And "A--Hole" Bu t My Mother Said To Me One Fine Evening "As Long As It's Properly Justified, Cursing Is Ok." In The Situation These Characters Are In, I'd Say It's Nothing But Justified. After All, You Can Always Just Turn Down The Volume. There's Captions, So You Wont Miss Any Imortant Dialog. SEX: There Is Very Little Sexual Content, All I Can Think Of Is A Character Saying "Ten Minutes? Ten Minutes 'Aint Enough At This Point." As Well As Mention Of Rape, ONCE. LEARNING: Hard Decisions Are What This Game's All About. Save Him, Or Save Her? Eat This? Or Eat That? The Decisions You Make At The Start Of The Game Greatly Change What Happens At The End. You Can At Least Hope Your Child Makes The Right Decisions, However. But, As An Adult, Play Through The Game Yourself, To See What Kind Of Decisions Your Child Has To Make In This Game. I Think That If Your Child Is Mature Enough To Know It's Not Real, And To Not Repeat The Profanity Inside The Game, A 13 Year Old Would Be Ok Playing. Well, As Long As They Can Stomach The Gore. ~Thank You For Reading My Review! I Hope You Found It Useful.~
Teen, 13 years old Written bydjnathan7 May 9, 2015

LEARNING

good but more tense than original

I think it is a good game it is very violent though and not for kids. i think teens should play this if they can HANDLE IT. be prepared to cry when people suddenly die
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoctorwhoiscool October 14, 2014

Awesome :)

I'm still heartbroken from the first one! this is an amazing game, not as good as the first but then again you cant get any better than the walking dead season 1, I played this last year and I was 12 and i played the first one when i was 11 so I think its fine! swearing is just words and the violence is animated so its good as well, I don't get nightmares so I dont know about that one. Warning: do not go into this game thinking everyones safe! if you cant deal with deaths of charaters that you feel realy conected to then do not play this game! I am still crying from those games :'( overall its a really good story, abit short but a very good game!
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy September 7, 2014

Not as good as the first, but still very entertaining

The walking dead is not meant for any kids. It contains very strong violence, tons of blood and gore and tons of profanity. it has also very mature themes, tough decisions and death. Could potentially be very upsetting for any kid. Its a lot like the first, so if you have seen or played the first you know what to expect. Adults only
Teen, 17 years old Written byuplift panic August 28, 2014

LEARNING

This game is for 17+ no more !!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byYoYo Bhowseman May 15, 2014

LEARNING

Why let my kid play this

I have been playing tall tales the walking dead since season 1 and love the show. Season 2 you play as clemintime a kid you meet in season 1 is now on her own and needs to survive and finds a group your with for the game. If you kids cant handle blood and some gore not the best game but if they can i think its very fun. There is alot of swearing but when your kids are on there own in the wrold there here worse. WARNING THE GAME IS VERY EXCITING AND SAD
Teen, 15 years old Written bykewlbeans May 9, 2014

LEARNING

Approach Tthe Walking Dead Season 2 with high hopes, and a box of tissues.

Telltale Studios left critics and gamers alike astounded with their amazing narrative-based game, The Walking Dead Season 1. Season 2 is no different. Telltale creates a superb story, and tightens the gameplay of their previous games. While gameplay is certainly second, it is not disappointing. Emotional, rough, and violent, TWD Season 2 is not an easy journey, but it is a worthwhile one. There is strong language, ranging from s*** to f***, and zombies are slain in a myriad of bloody ways (bludgeoning, shooting, stabbing, etc.) Be aware that you are the master of your fate: You can choose whether someone lives or dies, whether to lie or tell the painful truth, or whether to steal or not. Just like in a real world situation, the ethics are gray, and left up to you. A few instances of drinking. To conclude, TWD Season 2 is an awesome game, but not for the faint of heart. Prepare to feel the emotions of characters as they lose their loved ones, and make poor decisions.