All member reviews for Thrillville: Off the Rails

Play, build, and flirt inside an amusement park.

Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2009

the perfect game for tweens
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2010

This game is on the roof! By that I mean GOOD and AWESOME! I made my own person and she is so cute! My roller coasters are so scary and fun that the people get dizzy and........ you know what it is. Back to the game it's AWESOME!
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2009

i LOVVVVVVVVVE

this is the best game eva!!

I love this game! It is a lot of fun, addictive, and there is absolutly nothing wrong with it! I recomend it for all ages!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySmileNerd December 21, 2014

Fun Game - But Just Get RCT3

Thrillville: Off The Rails is a fine theme-park-management simulator but it doesn't really focus on managing the park. It's more about actually building roller-coasters, talking to guests, and playing mini-games. The most fun part of this game is the mini-games. There are some really good ones that are practically worth just buying the game for them. There is a pretty average roller-coaster creator, but Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 has a better one. You can adjust prices for rides and shops and other things, but you can only put the prices up to $15, and in RCT3 you can set them as high as you want. This game is essentially the dumbed-down console version of RCT3. This game has some very mild violence in some of the mini-games (including an FPS) but there is no blood. You can flirt with other teens, but that's about as far as the sexual content goes. Get this game if you don't own a PC, otherwise get RCT3.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014

Game Lover on Thrillville: OTR

Good game. There is no violence apart from in games you build in your amuesment park. Based in an amusemnet park, you are the manager, and have to build stuff to keep guests happy. If your ride/coaster has a high nausea rating, your guests may vomit over the floor and when playing as a groundskeeper, you'll have to vacuum it up! (Ugggh!) And some games are hard, including ENTERTAINER, they could frustrate little ones. There is no really bad language, but guests do drop in the occasional "crap" word. Also, you and your guests can flirt and matchmake, and if you're lucky you can fall in love with a guest. Look at the Thrillville: OTF website for more and see if anything is on YouTube before getting the game. I have it on my Xbox 360 and it is quite good! Well done Lucasarts, another great game! Rating (not by PEGI): Parental Guidance {PG}
Teen, 14 years old Written byConor Coyle October 5, 2012

LEARNING

Another Great Thrillville

I think I loved this more than the first! The quality is much better, the rides are bigger and better, the worlds are much more fun and the fun never ends. New fun mini games to enjoy, and now they have robot guests. New features to add to your rides, e.g. tunnels, flips, ramps, twirls etc. This is something that you have to play, you can create adults so they can play too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 March 24, 2012

Really good game!

I got this game for the Wii at Gamestop and it's really good. It's a really good carnival simulation game and has lots of fun things to do, like riding rollercoasters, playing minigames, and chatting with guests. Speaking of the guests, they're all mostly nice people (although they sometimes can be a bit mean) Plus, the background songs are catchy. OK for kids 10+. Educational: The game gives kids a simplified view of how to run a carnival, and you can tell guests facts about a variety of categories. Violence: Some mild cartoon violence in some minigames, but nobody gets hurt. Sex: You get the option to flirt with guests,a and some quotes you can say are a bit suggestive. Consumerism: Part of Thrillville series.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

its pretty good!

(Beside roller coaster tycoon 3) It is really good! Its one of those games that you can play really anytime. In some parts there is some flirting and the creator guy that gives you instructions is pretty crazy at times. And there is some violence in some of the mini-games like a tank one. Some of the music that they play during the game has bad words in it. Aside from that, its great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 January 14, 2012

Love it!

This is an awesome game! I love to build roller coasters. It's a good game if you want to run a theme park some day because you have to manage your park, talk with the guests, research and loan, etc. The only thing parents would find questionable is that the teens can flirt with their opposite gender, and kiss. Nothing too sexual.
Written byAnonymous July 7, 2011

Did they play the whole game?

Well, I thought it was ok, but after a while, it get's boring. On the downside, the songs on it are out-dated, and after a long time playing it, you run out of things to do. Parental wise, this is a role playing game, and you should make sure that you are watching your child playing it. It's a few steps below The Sims. In this game you can have relationships with people and eventually kiss them. After the kiss, they respond as to how it felt by saying something like "Let's get together!" or, "I'm not sure how I felt about that." Also, in the game there are cheerleaders, whose outfits are a bit skimpy. Then, also, there is one game in particular where you have to clean up vomit and trash as a sanitary worker. Make sure you check up on your child while they are playing this game, and make sure that when they are selecting their avatar that they know which age group they are in. I think that all kids 11 and under should be the "kids" of the theme park, then all tweens 12 through 19 should be the "teens" of the park, and that everyone older than 20 should be an adult. The reason I say this is because, in the game, teens and up can kiss, and that's why they need to stick to their age group. Overall, the game is a fun educational way to teach kids about how to track finances and how to manage things. P.S. The reason I say it's violent is because it's gross sometimes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

Girls at Thrillville?

The only reason that this game could be inappropriate is that you can make out, hug, or kiss a girl and the music playing in the background could be maybe a tad inappropriate. It can range to being a T-rated game, so it might be a bad E10+ game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

"Safe, Appropriate, and a Great Time!"

This game is incredible fun and addicting, easy to beat, and all-age material. I disagree with "10 and up", I think it's OK for all ages. You can flirt, but it is mild and simple. You can kiss, but the graphics are so unrealistic that it doesn't even look like they really kiss. Some games involve punching, but none of them are at all violent. The coaster can crash, but that's just a silly fun-fiction part of the game. Very easy to beat and solve! Mild insults, but they aren't from real people, so they aren't considered "negative". It is one of the most fun games I've ever played on my Wii, if you like this; I recommend Spore Hero as well. Nothing sexual, no cussing, no drinking or smoking. The characters are false avatars that all have the same programmed responses to your choice in conversation; and have no personality, so they cannot be counted as "role models". The lyrics to the music I agree are more for tweens and teens, but no cussing or anything violent. Anyone can play!
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

Not the best game :P.
Teen, 13 years old Written byerik carlson December 21, 2009

average game

I say average game, fun to play, but really hard to build coasters my bigest concern: mild flirting
Parent of a 9 year old Written byShellB September 30, 2009

Thills

I git this game for my son as soon as it came out. We already enjoyed the first Thrillville. This one was more of the same, but over all not a dissapointment.
Adult Written bykyleb May 30, 2009

I want to play it

I Really want to play it and build my own rollar costers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDerrek February 1, 2009

how does everyone play it

i need to play.let me play thrilville off the rails!

Adult Written byPetegertoil April 9, 2008

Best video game ever!

This is an awesome game!