Manic, violent multiplayer combat game lives up to hype.

Adult Written byguitarmaster13 March 15, 2014

Don't Know What's Stopping You Getting This Game!!!

Amazing game! Better than Cod or Halo. In all the time I have played this game I have not heard any swearing used whatsoever. Minimal blood if you've played Skyrim then the blood is nothing to worry about. Amazing multiplayer content, if you have your privacy setting set up well, so you can't hear all the people swearing online. Amazing game a must buy for any FPS fan.
Parent Written byBest reviews around April 13, 2014

Do not belive what other people are saying

I have never allowed my kids to have a game that involves violence. I talked to some of my friends and they said that there kids loved the game. I took a chance by letting my 13 year old son buy this game. I told them that they could try it out. I was very pleased to see that this game is more about destroying robots than killing people. There is also the point in knowing your child my child is very mature and was able to think things through. I would not recommend this game for kids under the age of 12. If you are one of thoughts conservative moms like me this is the perfect game to ease your kid into games that are a little more mature.
Parent Written byTheRealReviewNow March 26, 2014

The Real Review: Titanfall

this game should not be rated M the "Blood and Gore" is only the smallest little squirt and the game is so fast paced that that you probably cant see any blood and the "Strong Language" is only a few bad words in the campaign mode this game should be fine for your 10 year old child.
Parent Written byDebbiePoil April 17, 2014

This review is HIGHLY exaggerated!

I have a 12 year old son. We are Christians, and I do not let him play pretty much any games over E10+. We let him play SOME T rated games. He has been begging us forever to let him play M rated games but we always said NO. Then Titanfall came out, and he tried to get us to buy it for him. We said no. He then showed us some gameplay and we rented it from Gamefly and my husband tried it out. There is almost NO blood in this game, there is a little if you are close up. It is not NEARLY as violent as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The only cursing is in the campaign, and you can turn it off! Now, many parents say no because of violence. Actually, the only "violence" in this game is the shooting of robots. The other players aren't "humans" they are robots. I say, if your kid is mature, let them give it a shot.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bySLC727 March 22, 2014

Titanfall

I do not allow my 14 and 15 year olds to have any mature rated games, but we made an compromise, to test this game out and I would watch them play. After watching several times, I realized the distinction between this and Call of Duty. In Titanfall, the main character is fighting off robots, not humans. Another thing that I liked was how the weapons are not all assault rifles and such, but a wider, less lethal variety. I will be letting my children keep this game. The only reason I feel this game is rated M is for the occasional swear in campaign mode, which can be censored.
Parent Written byenourmas elephant March 25, 2014
Parent Written byJules Swerny April 22, 2014

Your Titan is ready. (but maybe not everyone's)

Let me begin by saying this game is a blast. Extremely well developed, crisp, action-packed, and just plain fun. I picked the game up, and after playing a week or so went out and got a copy for my 16-year old son to play with me. However, after putting in some hours with my son, I have to say that the ratings stating that this game is appropriate for children under the age of 12 are ill advised. Titanfall features realistic blood sprays and bone matter that splatters onto the environment when players are shot; explosions reduce players to meaty chunks, and players who are crushed under the titular Titans explode in a red mist. One 'Titan execution' style kill involves ripping a pilot from their Titan, observing them for moment, then watching as they burst in your Titan's clenched fist. There is no filter for voice chat beyond the reactionary "mute" option that can only be used in the lobby between matches; and your fellow players will make little to no effort to censor their unending slew of profanities. What little language is used in-game pales in comparison to the slew of f- s- and even c- words that have come through voice chat in the last month or so. In short, Titanfall brings a lot to the table. Its seamlessly integrated Titan warfare is an awesome addition to an already impressive parkour first person shooter. However, for all the incredible aspects it brings to the table, it carries all the usual pitfalls of the genre. The violence is intense, though not gratuitous, a few profanities pop up on the campaign mode, but are easily missed if you aren't listening for them. All in all, nothing I would let a 15 or 16 year old delve into, given proper discernment. However, due to the inability to turn off, monitor, or censor voice chat, I cannot recommend it to younger audiences; innocent ears will not remain so for very long in any online game, and Titanfall is no exception.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoopMagee April 19, 2014

Shouldn't be rated M.

Titanfall is an Online Only multiplayer First-Person shooter in which players take role as a Titan Pilot flying across "The Frontier". Pilots use weapons such as Assault Rifles, Submachine Guns, pistols, and rocket launchers to kill mostly human enemies and Titans (24 foot robots.) Pilots (Players) can also execute enemies by snapping their necks. While piloting Titans players can punch enemies, step on them, throw them out of other Titans, Squeeze them to death, and use weapons such as Plasma Rifles and rocket launchers. All of the above can blow up enemies, turning them into pieces of flesh. The words "damn" "bastard" "bitch" and sometimes "sh*t" can be heard in dialogue. There are supposed to be some F-Bombs, but out of my 60 hours playtime, I have not heard any F-Bombs. One brief moment, an ally Pilot is shown helping an obviously drunken character. This character also refers to going to a bar, and tells the players he has a hangover.
Parent of a 14 and 17 year old Written byMartha Jenkens March 15, 2014

Titanfall review

I was hesitant to purchase this game for my 14 year old son and 16 year old son being that it was rated M .So i decided to take a chance and buy it for them, but then I watched for a while as they played it and it was violent but it was mostly robots fighting it was not what i was expecting, it turned out to be appropriate for both my sons, although it did have some language but was easily ignored over all of the action.
Parent Written byParentstaySafe May 10, 2014

Its rated M for Mature

titanfall is rated M which means that content is inappropriate for children 16 and younger it has some adult content but not too intense like the AO (Adults Only) Rating.
Parent Written byIhave3kidsand2dogs May 7, 2014

Titanfall

This is a really good game. It has very little blood and gore. Some language(can be censored). Over all this game is very appropriate for my kids.
Parent Written byRobbyboy37 March 21, 2014

We mess up! Nobody is perfect!

I am a parent of 2 Children. A 15 year old and a 13 year old. Both boys. I homeschool both of my children so I am one of those Christian parents who generally always say no to M rated games. My kids asked me for this game and I wanted to say no right away but they begged me to get it so I did. I told them if it was to intense then I would simply take it back. When I watched the game and actually played it myself almost done with the game by the way. There is no sex in the game at all. There is some violence but really no gore at all. Some language ( 1 use of F**k 3 uses of a*s 10 uses of Da*n and H*ll combined and 1 use of sh*t ) Most of the violence is between Robots. If you let your kids play Brink, or any of the batman games then this game is not as bad as any of those. I believe the main reason the game is rated M is because of the 1 explicit word. To be honest I would have rated this game PG-13 for some sci fi violence and some language. Overall I believe this game is suitble for ages 11 and up but I say 13 just because of the one explicit word. Look I try to be a good father on protecting my kids from violence and all innapropiate things but this is one game I have to say was misrated. It should fo T for Teen for some vioelnce and language. MPAA allows 1 f word in PG-13 ESRB allows no explicit language in T for Teen 1 f word will automatically make the game rated M for Mature. May the Lord be with you John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Kid, 9 years old June 22, 2014

Good for 9 year olds and up

I think Titanfall is a good game with some violence but I think its probley fine for a mature 9 year old like me there are few M games i can play but then Titanfall came out and I really wanted it I told my mom about it and she said ok then we got it!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydontjudge2334 May 14, 2014

Very fun multiplayer game, but violent with strong profanity

It's good but really violent where you could snap there necks and has blood, and the language is strong using f***, and s***. no sex and no alcohol, and drugs
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2014

Perfectly made game and isn't that violent

This game isn't bad for kids. It's a great experience to play. My dad was reluctant to preorder it for me because he doesn't like games where you are shooting other people. My dad has seen me play it and he hasn't had any problem. I always mute people so you never will hear f-bombs. There are a couple foul words but it isn't a big problem. Hope my review helped! (I have lots of experience with this game. I'm level 43/50)
Teen, 14 years old Written by0mgitzsniperbunny April 13, 2014

Easy and appropriate

Very easy to master and good for a kid. No blood and the Titan isn't earned it's given every 3 minutes I believe. Parkour and double jumping and huge titans running around shooting each other. U might want to watch my YouTube video once I get my game capture :)
Parent Written byMeta-Critic July 28, 2014

Every body who rated this is very bad at rating

Teen, 14 years old Written byWill12Bell May 30, 2014

It is fine

sure there is killing guns and giant robots but I think it is fine for a 10 year old
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2014

Great game, and its appropriate for mature kids

This game is awesome! Very good visuals and gameplay. Now some of the ratings on the box are only because the game is online: a person with microphone is bound to curse, and the blood is honestly very minimal. Over all this game is good for mature kids. THIS REVIEW IS FROM A REAL USER!!
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2014

Incredible game with incredible graphics

I think it's a great game! The only thing is when you do a melee move you snap the players neck. In campaign there's some bad words but not too bad.