All parent member reviews for Titanfall

Adult Written byguitarmaster13 March 15, 2014

Don't Know What's Stopping You Getting This Game!!!

Amazing game! Better than Cod or Halo. In all the time I have played this game I have not heard any swearing used whatsoever. Minimal blood if you've played Skyrim then the blood is nothing to worry about. Amazing multiplayer content, if you have your privacy setting set up well, so you can't hear all the people swearing online. Amazing game a must buy for any FPS fan.
Parent Written byBest reviews around April 13, 2014

Do not belive what other people are saying

I have never allowed my kids to have a game that involves violence. I talked to some of my friends and they said that there kids loved the game. I took a chance by letting my 13 year old son buy this game. I told them that they could try it out. I was very pleased to see that this game is more about destroying robots than killing people. There is also the point in knowing your child my child is very mature and was able to think things through. I would not recommend this game for kids under the age of 12. If you are one of thoughts conservative moms like me this is the perfect game to ease your kid into games that are a little more mature.
Parent Written byTheRealReviewNow March 26, 2014

The Real Review: Titanfall

this game should not be rated M the "Blood and Gore" is only the smallest little squirt and the game is so fast paced that that you probably cant see any blood and the "Strong Language" is only a few bad words in the campaign mode this game should be fine for your 10 year old child.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bySLC727 March 22, 2014

Titanfall

I do not allow my 14 and 15 year olds to have any mature rated games, but we made an compromise, to test this game out and I would watch them play. After watching several times, I realized the distinction between this and Call of Duty. In Titanfall, the main character is fighting off robots, not humans. Another thing that I liked was how the weapons are not all assault rifles and such, but a wider, less lethal variety. I will be letting my children keep this game. The only reason I feel this game is rated M is for the occasional swear in campaign mode, which can be censored.
Parent Written byDebbiePoil April 17, 2014

This review is HIGHLY exaggerated!

I have a 12 year old son. We are Christians, and I do not let him play pretty much any games over E10+. We let him play SOME T rated games. He has been begging us forever to let him play M rated games but we always said NO. Then Titanfall came out, and he tried to get us to buy it for him. We said no. He then showed us some gameplay and we rented it from Gamefly and my husband tried it out. There is almost NO blood in this game, there is a little if you are close up. It is not NEARLY as violent as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The only cursing is in the campaign, and you can turn it off! Now, many parents say no because of violence. Actually, the only "violence" in this game is the shooting of robots. The other players aren't "humans" they are robots. I say, if your kid is mature, let them give it a shot.
Parent of a 14 and 17 year old Written byMartha Jenkens March 15, 2014

Titanfall review

I was hesitant to purchase this game for my 14 year old son and 16 year old son being that it was rated M .So i decided to take a chance and buy it for them, but then I watched for a while as they played it and it was violent but it was mostly robots fighting it was not what i was expecting, it turned out to be appropriate for both my sons, although it did have some language but was easily ignored over all of the action.
Parent Written byenourmas elephant March 25, 2014
Parent Written byJules Swerny April 22, 2014

Your Titan is ready. (but maybe not everyone's)

Let me begin by saying this game is a blast. Extremely well developed, crisp, action-packed, and just plain fun. I picked the game up, and after playing a week or so went out and got a copy for my 16-year old son to play with me. However, after putting in some hours with my son, I have to say that the ratings stating that this game is appropriate for children under the age of 12 are ill advised. Titanfall features realistic blood sprays and bone matter that splatters onto the environment when players are shot; explosions reduce players to meaty chunks, and players who are crushed under the titular Titans explode in a red mist. One 'Titan execution' style kill involves ripping a pilot from their Titan, observing them for moment, then watching as they burst in your Titan's clenched fist. There is no filter for voice chat beyond the reactionary "mute" option that can only be used in the lobby between matches; and your fellow players will make little to no effort to censor their unending slew of profanities. What little language is used in-game pales in comparison to the slew of f- s- and even c- words that have come through voice chat in the last month or so. In short, Titanfall brings a lot to the table. Its seamlessly integrated Titan warfare is an awesome addition to an already impressive parkour first person shooter. However, for all the incredible aspects it brings to the table, it carries all the usual pitfalls of the genre. The violence is intense, though not gratuitous, a few profanities pop up on the campaign mode, but are easily missed if you aren't listening for them. All in all, nothing I would let a 15 or 16 year old delve into, given proper discernment. However, due to the inability to turn off, monitor, or censor voice chat, I cannot recommend it to younger audiences; innocent ears will not remain so for very long in any online game, and Titanfall is no exception.
Parent Written byParentstaySafe May 10, 2014

Its rated M for Mature

titanfall is rated M which means that content is inappropriate for children 16 and younger it has some adult content but not too intense like the AO (Adults Only) Rating.
Parent Written byRobbyboy37 March 21, 2014

We mess up! Nobody is perfect!

I am a parent of 2 Children. A 15 year old and a 13 year old. Both boys. I homeschool both of my children so I am one of those Christian parents who generally always say no to M rated games. My kids asked me for this game and I wanted to say no right away but they begged me to get it so I did. I told them if it was to intense then I would simply take it back. When I watched the game and actually played it myself almost done with the game by the way. There is no sex in the game at all. There is some violence but really no gore at all. Some language ( 1 use of F**k 3 uses of a*s 10 uses of Da*n and H*ll combined and 1 use of sh*t ) Most of the violence is between Robots. If you let your kids play Brink, or any of the batman games then this game is not as bad as any of those. I believe the main reason the game is rated M is because of the 1 explicit word. To be honest I would have rated this game PG-13 for some sci fi violence and some language. Overall I believe this game is suitble for ages 11 and up but I say 13 just because of the one explicit word. Look I try to be a good father on protecting my kids from violence and all innapropiate things but this is one game I have to say was misrated. It should fo T for Teen for some vioelnce and language. MPAA allows 1 f word in PG-13 ESRB allows no explicit language in T for Teen 1 f word will automatically make the game rated M for Mature. May the Lord be with you John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Parent Written byIhave3kidsand2dogs May 7, 2014

Titanfall

This is a really good game. It has very little blood and gore. Some language(can be censored). Over all this game is very appropriate for my kids.
Parent Written byMeta-Critic July 28, 2014

Every body who rated this is very bad at rating

Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 17, 2014

13 and up

This video game should be rated T. Violence Bad language(sh-t)
Parent of a 6 and 12 year old Written byjdavis1138 June 8, 2015

Good starting intro to First person Shooter (FPS) games

My wife and I are fairly conservative parents and will usually follow Common sense media age suggestions for the majority of movies. If your child is around 12 and has good common sense, I would suggest this game if they are interested. The only tricky variable is that Titanfall is an online Multi-player game. This means you will want to supervise and decide if your child should wear headphones. You might want to listen in so you can hear what the other people are saying, or you will have to trust your child to ignore or mute any inappropriate language or topics being discussed over the team chat. Remember that there are ALL AGES playing this and the teams are chosen at random unless you have a preformed party. There is very little blood and gore. Your character can assassinate other players by getting close and twisting their necks, but it doesn't really show blood or facial expressions. Like I said in the title, this is a good intro for first time FPS'rs but if you watch it and feel it's too violent then maybe have your child wait another year or 2.
Parent Written byPraisetheLord777 March 23, 2014

Should be Teen for Violence and some language

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violence and brief strong language Suggested ESRB Rating: Teen for Violence and language Violence and language are the only issues to mention in this game. 1 use of F**K 1 use of Sh*t 3 uses of As* and 10 uses of Da*n and H*ll combine. As for the violence. All of it is between robots! ESRB should have rated this game T for Teen. This game is very similar to metroid. In a way atleast. Parents this game should have been rated T for Teen. I honesly believe the only reason this game was rated M for Mature was because of the 1 use of F**k. ESRB doesn't allow this word in T for Teen. MPAA allows it 1 time. If you allow your kids to play batman, Brink, Metroid, or Call of duty this game is fine. This game is not even close to as bad as MW3! Okay for ages 13 and up.
Parent Written by1uke March 29, 2015

No gore just lots of guns,

Great game and fun.
Adult Written byMark Flaurie July 12, 2014

A very good title!

Parent of a 13 year old Written byCave Johnson March 22, 2014

Amazing game

NO swears worse than kids hear at middle school and the violence isn't too bad. I say let 13 year old have it at least it will occupy them.
Adult Written bysimod January 22, 2015

Titanfall Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 Part 2

Adult Written byGeekboy321 August 18, 2014

Not to bad

Not to bad just some blood and violence and guns