All member reviews for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Third entry in series demands strategy and force.

Teen, 13 years old Written byath4997 June 19, 2010

It really depends...

Ok now this game is hard to rate but personally I LOVE IT!!! The reason being is because not everyone is going to kill everything they see, some kids will use stealth (it's easier) I'm not saying that no one is going to kill everything that's alive but most kids don't and if you are mindlessly killing ou're not stimulating the brain as you could be while sneaking around and finding hidden passages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCalculatrice April 19, 2010
I've recently downloaded Tom Clancey's Spilnter cell: Conviction from Steam, and have been playing and loving it for a while now. The game plays out similar to a Tom Clancey novel; Korea starts showing aggression to Japan, and you, special agent Sam Fisher, are sent in to fix things before things get hostile. This is the first Splinter cell game to be rated M for Mature, most likely because you are given a knife, which gives you the option to execute enemies using it. No blood is shown during these scenes, though small amounts can be seen when shooting an enemy. There is minimal swearing, the worst I've heard being "sh-t", but nothing stronger. The game rewards you for being stealthy and not killing people, executions leading to a lower score at the end of the mission. The game has an average difficulty, sometimes involving trial and error, but generaly stays challenging but not frustrating. I would rate it +13 years and older, though more Mature 11-12 year olds could easily handle the content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVirus224 December 31, 2009

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

I love this game. My Dad has let me play it since I was twelve. He has now let my ten year old brother play. In the game you get to sneak up behind unsuspecting enemies and grab them. You will get the choice to Interrogate sometimes. When you are done with the interrogation you will get the choice to knock the man out or hit him in the back with your knee in result killing him. Although the objective of the game is to get the highest score you can through stealth and limited killing. Every time you kill someone your score is dropped. The downside is that the very first level of the game is a vivid torture. In the interrogation you will hear the man screaming as they shock the poor man. Also in the last level if you do not execute everything right you will be captured and interrogated. Over all the game is not the worst ever.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjackthekat9 June 29, 2009

csm what a joke

this reveiw that csm did had to been a joke Ive finished the game without even killing 15 people. I sick and tired of seeing good games that arent that ban with no kids sticker slapped on them.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

honestly, do you think 13 year-olds are going to run off and star killing people just because of what they see in this game? you know what you need CS? a little bit of COMMON SENSE!

I LOOOOOVE to watch my brother play it!

Adult Written bygangbanga911 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Twinkster April 9, 2008
This game was fun to play. Your person is equipped with many cool gadgets to help you complete your missions. This game is very violent because its all about killing. They also swear a lot while doing it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byblab April 9, 2008

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory may be rated M, but that is to high of a rating. Thought Sam Fisher uses violence to get to his goals, it is never very graphic, and is not very bad. Sam swears occalisonaly, but never uses them at people. This game should be rated T!
Teen, 16 years old Written bykman1092 April 9, 2008

It's your choice

I think this is one of the most fun games ever- for a certain age. there really is no big issue in any of it (violence, social behavior, etc.) it is mostly what you decide to do. You can eighther be good or be bad and the game rewards good behavior. I found the language to be kinda iffy (s-word here and there, "hell and damn" are used in the wrong way) and the violence never really got outta hand (knife cuts, gunshots, bone breakage). of course as i have mentioned, the violence is really whether you want to keep the person alive or kill them. And finally, younger kids may find this to be hard and unintersting. for teens and older.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i knew it all of my favorite games have the lowest rating splinter cell is gooooodd..and apropriat for certant ages it tought me how to sneak up on my brother and go boo!
Adult Written bydark-light_bryan April 9, 2008

its to dificult..

i love when you sneek to somebody and then you just choke him or cut his bad theres no blood witch makes it little dumb.its to hard man..sometimes booring..whack this guy,whack that guy,set off this explosive,set off that explosive,momorize this,memorize that..i just hate when new objectives allways pop out of thin air.
Teen, 14 years old Written byUTROX April 9, 2008

This is really fun. The violence really isn't graphic at all and u can choose 2 kill sum1 if u want 2 or not but younger kids may start thinking it's cool 2 throw people off an edge and knife people so if ur younger kids r mature enought let them play it. The language is medium like the 's' word every now and then but besides that that's all. Also if u have xbox live this game is awesome 4 it but there will be language. 'f' word will be said over and over again so be prepared.
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byalienman April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byjcdizz April 9, 2008

Very Good and Misunderstood

I can agree this game is rather questionable, but at times ESRB (TM) goes a little too far with their ratings. This game is not as bad as it is rated. No Sexual Referenes whatesoever Violence: yes, of course you can shoot and stab, but not the shooting and stabbing is not like that of say....GTA? Most are concerned about a new feature in the game, the knife. But the knife was not put there for pure killing, but it is used as an extra help for stealth, which is the opposite of non-violence. For example, instead of using the knife to stab the guard guarding the door, you can use it to open up a circuit box and bypass it so that the lights go off and you simply go around the guard. No bloodshed, not even the boring "elbow" from the first installment in the game. To make this point even more proven, the game penalizes you for killing soldiers or civilians. Also, the game has a pretty good education value to come with it. I was amazed when i recently played the game, and it was like watching the news. The game doesnt have the boring plot like: "gang tries to take over the world" or "nuclear bomb....stop it". The game backs up its plot with actual events happening today. All in all, this game is appropriate for those my age but are also critical thinkers. When I played the game, it got me interested in current events happening today. Not for those who are for pure blood.

not bad.. really

it is not that bad for kids because you can actually choose not to kill anyone.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXerxes935 April 9, 2008

this game is fun but is violent

i owned it

this game is great yes there is a torturing seen but it is not long at all there is screeming and who cares if you kill people for the government the military tells you to do something in real life you do it and if you don't they kill you or they through you in jail!!!

This game may have alot of shooting and throat cutting, but you can also use non-lethal attacks. There is alot of stategic thinking, so while your kid/s (if you have any) are doing alot of killing (or knocking people out) there are learnig to use there brain to get through the game.