All member reviews for Tomb Raider

Teen, 13 years old Written byCJ69 March 8, 2013

Sick

Great game. Croft is boss. Good for kids 12-13. Lara Croft is on a desert island full of evil dudes who are part of a cult and she needs to find her way back home. There is little violence and blood and language.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJester™ April 9, 2013

Excellent Reboot contains Graphic Violence and Strong Language

The 2013 reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise is an excellent story-driven game. The combat is intense, portraying gritty realism in a lot of kills, e.g. blasting an enemy with a shotgun causes an explosion of blood to blossom from the point of impact whereas a shot from a pistol or arrow draws less, although still significant, blood. Language isn't an issue in the early game, but becomes more frequent and foul later on. Any review which claims there is little blood/violence or language is clearly coming from someone desensitized to such things, for Tomb Raider is certainly full of bloody (never gory [there is gore in the game, but not in combat sequences]) combat and foul language. The story is outstanding and portrays Lara as a strong yet human protagonist . Unlike many games where the protagonist gets grievously wounded and just shrugs it off, Lara has to mend her wounds on multiple occasions and in some chapters gameplay is affected (not in a bad way) by her suffering such wounds are causing, limiting her ability to climb or dodge. Tomb Raider is a fantastic reboot for the series, but the bloody violence and language could definitely be toned down. A must play for Tomb Raider and Uncharted fans, as well as anyone who enjoys an outstanding adventure game. (*NOTE* the Australian (OFLC) classification for Tomb Raider is MA15+ for Strong Violence) Jester's Rating 9.5/10
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2013

good for 11 year olds

In this bloodier edition of "Tomb raider" Lora is trapped on a island and needs to find her friends. In just the first half-hour of gameplay you see.....A GUYS HEAD GET SMUSHED!!!! BY A ROCK!!! but that not it you see the game has terrible langue words like f*** and s*** are used often now lets focus on the good. Lora is a great roll model she fights the tuff times and gets off the island, her friends are to they work hard to find Lora and risk there lives for her.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2013

WOW TOMB RAIDER HAS ACTUALLY IMPRESSED!!!

TOMB RAIDER is better than earlier franchise, the reboot is way better than read dead redemption. EXCELLENT storyline, great action and very fun but easy puzzles. Although EXTREMELY VIOLENT and they mainly say S**t but good for mature kids
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2013

Violent but still Great!

Tomb Raider is great but it is brutally violent ( at times ), some swearing, and Lara's skimpy outfit. If you are 9-13, mute your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. You'll LOVE it!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySeusslol March 29, 2013

TR Reboot

Great game. Must get!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2015

Great Story lots of violence

The story is an epic long one but there are many cutscenes ( that you can skip). There is that f--k or s--t every once in a while but at least there isn't a c--t or n----r anywhere. Lara Croft is a wannabe adventurer, when adventure found her when her ship split in half she was wrecked on an island and forced to survive. She never wanted to kill anyone but she had to, to stay alive. You also help friends on your adventure. The multiplayer can put you in a match where people on the mic could swear but you can mute them. Great game a little too many cutscenes.
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2013

Really Amazing

Really amazing game, I recommend for mature tweens. I played this and I was fine with it. Some intense scenes though. Like one of the first things that happens is Lara falls and impales herself with a small spike. The slow motion of this is disturbing because you can tell whats going to happen. Also the death scenes are extremely gruesome. Not too much swearing but a fair bit. Lara is also a really good role model and has had a big effect on how I portray things. Like I don't worry about small cuts anymore, I just quickly get some antibacterial cream on it, then a bandaid. She also puts in a couple of good quotes here and there. Such as "A famous explorer once said: extrodinary is not in who we are, but what we do" Thanks!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJarHed June 2, 2013

Amazing

This game is one of my favourites ever. I strongly recommend getting this game!
Teen, 16 years old Written bycoolkid11s February 10, 2015

NOT FOR KIDs

Hi im 15 years old and im still not allowed to play this game, it has very strong language and it is a bad influence on teenagers, parents should think twice before buying this game for some 8 year old
Teen, 17 years old Written byanimeotaku7 August 1, 2014

amazing game

very violent and some strong language (not that often). There is no sexual content in this game and ot teaches you how to use your environment to your advantage. great game for mature 12 year olds and above
Teen, 14 years old Written byconnor mann March 24, 2014

The best game ever made

Tomb Raider has great graphics that will make you just look around in awe, great gameplay, puzzle solving, exploration, powerful and emotional storytelling. The game earns it's "M" rating, along with it's 44 E3 awards. (Like Oscars for video games) The violence, I think, increases the emotional impact of the game, but violence is violence. Know your kid, but I think most young teens should be able to handle it.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2013

Dantheman1

This game is not all about violence it is about strategy.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygigapins June 26, 2013

Great reboot for an ageing series

Tomb Raider gives Lara Croft a shiny new start after several bad games (and a couple of good ones) and sets her up as a current-gen hero. The gameplay is solid, the story a bit weird but has pretty cool supernatural elements. Character development not as good as it could have been considering people other than Lara get minimal screen time. The only problem I had with this is it's lack of puzzling sections. Tomb Raider was always about spending hours figuring out how to advance the game. There's very little actual tomb raiding in this game, and those are optional. Considering Lara is a fresh graduate and her main purpose is survival, but I hope that's something that returns in future instalments. There is some pretty graphic violence, and Lara dies in several (graphic) ways, getting crushed, impaled, choked shot by 10 arrows at once and a lot of others. There is also a bit of language, though not that much considering you spend a lot of time alone. Overall, this should be fine for more mature 12 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2013

LEARNING

Lara croft is a great role model but this game is bloody

A very excellent game but the best part is Lara wants adventure and she is like an adult and follows her dreams. But the game is very violent . And has lots of strong language
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 7, 2015

GREAT!!!!

M rated reboot of T rated series wot da f@@k.This game should be also rated T.It is ok for any one 12 or up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDJstark May 16, 2015

Tomb Raider; rebooted.

I had no idea that this was rated M until I came on here. My parents really don't let me play a lot of M rated games, excepting Demon's Souls. I'd put this in the "survival mildly horror" category, since it can really get you on the edge of your seat and pull you in. It is violent, but it's being realistic, and showing a young woman fishing for her survival. There is some swearing, I can acknowledge that, but it's out of her pure terror about what she has to do. She even apologizes after you must kill a deer in order to eat. She really is a victim, and it makes you feel bad for her. Going all the way through this, it can get very violent and spooky, but I think the description on the page overhypes the true nature of this game. I never really saw the sexual content that it said was on here, so I'm not…yeah, I don't know. Rate the game T, that's what it is, letter the teens play it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYourManJazzie April 21, 2015

Masterpiece

I played tomb raider growing up and i went into this one to discover is was something different, yet fantastic. First off, this game is extremely violent. You shoot guys through the head at close range, both an entry and exit wound are shown, you get impaled, seal wounds with burning arrows, stab ice picks into eyeballs, blow people up, set them on fire and skin plenty of animals. Lara, her friends, and her enemies have quite a foul mouth, with the f-word being spouted out consistently in battle. There is also what seems like an attempted rape scene. There is a QTE where you knee the guy in the balls and kill him. If you fail the QTE you get strangled. So this can be dismissed entirely. The story and the journey of Lara are the main focuses of this game, but the gameplay is great by itself. My game of 2013.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamer October 23, 2014

OK for kids

Hey, this is OK for kids. The worst thing about it is the blood. But I'm pretty sure you're kid won't go crazy cause he/she see's a piece of blood on her shirt. If your kid is trying to convince you for this game, I say GO FOR IT. Watch out for the F*** or Sht words.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBaggieGamer2002 June 28, 2014

Not as bad as it seems

I'm only 13 and I've played this and may I say that this is a really good action game. True it may have blood and gore and has bad language but it's a good game that also teaches kids about friendship and surviving.