All member reviews for Tony Hawk's Project 8

Possibly the best Tony Hawk game yet.

Teen, 15 years old Written byev63 March 28, 2015
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2011

wow

so d**n fun love how many tricks you can do i like that my character is a kid and i can do cool tricks
Adult Written byHagPuppy 89 April 9, 2008

Some Points good/others bad

Common sense is a great website and their review of THP8 is mostly on, but i disagree with a few points. First is the BAM Margera-jackass part. Yes BAM is on the cast of Jackass but he is also a pro skatboarder so being featured on the game shouldn't be an issue. as ell as Jackass has nothing to do with the game or sport. Also the commercialism- kids who play this game know all about the commercial items already and consider it fine as well as they want it. the kids want their skater to wear their shoes or shoes that would be cool to have. No big.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytimmy1 March 6, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bydionnermullen April 9, 2008

Best Game Yet Until Proving Ground

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2013

not worth much money

Good skating game i say dont pay mor than 20 dollars has blood and gore
Teen, 15 years old Written bysnomtn January 29, 2012

not bad

one of the best tony hawk games, but i prefer skate.
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2011

tony hawk needs to redo his project 8

One of my most hated PS2 games. When I loaded up this game for the first time, I got the pull of addiction. It was my regular PS2 sporting game. But then about 2 years later, I came back and loaded it up again, and believe me, the addiction was GONE. And so was the entertainment, the pull, even the visuals were as half-baked as cookies prepared with the cheapest Sim oven. Although like 3 or so songs still stayed with me throughout my experiences, this game could compare to getting a stomach flu. And since it's the 8th project, I'll give you the top 8 reasons it's terrible. 8. Even customizing your skater felt half-finished. The terrible sound effects that cut into blatantly-felt surroundings...I wish you could just get a randomized look thrown at you and go. 7. Total fracture of the law of physical movement. You would ollie inhumanly high compared to real life, it felt as if they were performing your own darn tricks for you, and there is no proper animation of bail recovery; just another cut fading in from the cut of bailing. 6. Challenges. Challenges can be exciting, but these challenges, after already breaking the laws of physics, feel like they're impossible to do after a while. 5. Unexpected guest star appearances. Let a Jackass be a Jackass, and let an Earl be an Earl, but when are these two not...well, these two? When they score spots on the THP8 skater roster. This aspect literally makes this game the Tekken of skateboarding games. 4. Lack of thorough animation. #6 enforced this rule a little bit, but THP8 just didn't cut it in good animation. As I said, they felt like cheap-Sim-oven-baked cookies. And you can especially see this during bail animations...if you could call them so. 3. Nail the Trick, BY FREAKING FAR. Sure slow-mo stuff looks cool, but not this kind of slow-mo stuff. It always helps you, such as flashing the rim of the board green to signal you whether you can flip, and I like more freely-made performances. Too bad this got taken a little too far in Proving Ground, where Nail the Grab and Manual were introduced. 2. Loading takes forever. I could make a Team Fortress 2 sandvich, while BLINDFOLDED, in the time this game takes to load. It's annoying, it's pestering, and it rips some of the element right out of the game. These guys better fast-forward next time. 1. IMPRECISE CONTROLS. In a world where the freedom of movement is broken, a company that provided an intro of chopping a fish into pieces still can't properly make a good animated trick, all of this hosted by Mayor Let-Down, Activision, there are terrible controls. They're always super easy and don't come out in great movement freedom. Some moves are impressive and old-schooled, while others (following a dumb tradition) are just stupid, such as the "Ooohhh yeeahhh!" manual trick. The only thing I could possibly praise this game for...is that it has decent voice acting. D:<
Kid, 9 years old March 26, 2011

my character is a kid with a pro.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhunnybunny13 March 18, 2011
love it its like so awesome lolz i cant believe it its actually a awesome game lolz i love it you should play it haha take my advice
Kid, 9 years old December 12, 2010

On for 9+

I haven't played this game in a while but there is some bad language and blood. And there is mildly crude humor but you can barely hear it. It's a good game!
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2010
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2010
game sucks on skate and skate 2 is the best skateing game but on all ton hawk games the game has poor grahpics its like ur playing mario
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoshandy September 5, 2009

another fun tony hawk game

Blood shows on the ground and on the walls after a bail. A bail game allows you to break bone and build up on a hospital bill. Also shows tons of blood during the bail game, usually fades after a while. Other than that, OK.
Teen, 14 years old Written byILUVMEAT April 9, 2008

This game sucks

The controlls are different in ways and its soo boring. Its hard in a way and it does not have a create-a-park mode. I rented it for a 5 day rental and I returnedit today on the 2nd day. I was so bored, was about to freak out like the skaters after they wreck. I recommend tony hawks underground and its sequal THUG 2. BOOOOOOOOOOO to Project 8
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

This is cool for Tony hawk fans.

It is cool,And it even has a car factory which you can skate in! If you like tony hawk,Buy this game.
Adult Written byGTAplaya April 9, 2008

um

u can spray paint stuff

Best Tony Hawk!

It's the best Tony Hawk game! The only thing that I'm really iffy about is when they say "Oh s--t!" when they wipe out.
Teen, 15 years old Written byidkatall April 9, 2008

Great game

This game is a realistic feeling skateboard game. The kickflip and heelfips feel real. I especially enjoy the "Nail the Trick" mode of the game. If you hav played other Tony Hawk games then i highly reccomend buying this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeedeedee April 9, 2008

this its an ok game

yay lets play a nothe nonstop skatebording game.if u like skatebording that this is one of thoes games for u. i cant say to much about this game sorry but i will tell u that the story is like the reast of the games all u want to do is be the best skater that all you want to do in that game but i'm not saying its easy.