All member reviews for Toontown Online

The first MMORG for kids, and it's a blast.

Adult Written byglue1 January 31, 2015

Very Good Game

Very good game when you are really young and personally, I think this is the first MMORPG kids should play. Also, there is a remake of this game.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2015

One of the best

One of the best games I ever played in my entire life! I love how you can make yourself a animal! Its a fun cutesy game that promotes teamwork and is one of the best things ever!
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2015

Ok, but Secondhand Lands is better.

This is pretty good, but there isn't much to do. Secondhand Lands is better. You can do more things and it has more realistic graphics. This game is still quite fun. I reccomend it to younger people who are not ready for Secondhand Lands. Although, it has safety concerns. People ask others their name and age. Other then that, it's fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCNP October 14, 2014

One of the best games almost anyone can play.

I've played toontown since I was 5 until it closed and I'm telling you, this game will make your kid very happy.
Adult Written byEpiccccc October 7, 2014

This game is disgusting.

All about sex, so much violence.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2014

This game is Fun

This game is WAY better than Club Penguin, until Club Penguin caused the shutdown of this game, luckly, there are two revivements to this game: https://www.toontownrewritten.com/ https://toontowninfinite.com/ I think they use Private servers
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

Oh, Disney... why did you have to close this AWESOME game?

I played this since I was 7 years old. You got to battle cogs, hang out with friends... it was the bestest game ever! But then, last year... it closed. Disney said it closed to shift towards development of stinkin' mobile apps and stinkin' Club Penguin! SERIOUSLY? I gotta admit I DID play Club Penguin when I was 5... but I am 12 now and I have tried it out again and it STINKS! Disney changed it so much! The maps have changed, they have added new chat filters... oh, and if you say something that gets blocked... it shows to you, but it does not show to anybody else. HOW ANNOYING IS THAT? I mean... it does not even say "Oops! You can't say that here... blah blah blah..."
Teen, 14 years old Written byJs7th January 9, 2014

Best MMORPG Game of All Time

I've played this game for nearly 5 years and I never got tired of it. I'd say only get speedchat plus if you're child is at least 10 because there could be so mean players.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 December 8, 2013

Game is closed.

I've been playing since 2003.
Teen, 13 years old Written by150quail November 23, 2013

Toontown, a kids game masterpiece! So sad that it is canceled now.

Toontown online. One of the best kids games you could ever play online. It is defienwtely a lot of fun to play with your friends for you to chat, and learn, and defeat an evil presence. It's very addicting and allows you to do tasks which allows you to be more responsible for your actions. Great game!
Parent Written byScammy15 November 14, 2013

-=CLOSED=-

Toontown closed on September 19, 2013. Played for 5 years :)
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

Ripped!

I used to play this game a long time ago, and it was fun. But unfortunately, the servers unexpectedly broke down for a lack of a single reason. This was a waste of money. I did a bug report, and there was no response. However, it finally closed on September 19th of this year. Now, this made me both depressed and confident. I rate it 1 star due to the breaking of servers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byliqu1d October 30, 2013

The best MMO for kids and teens alike, but now its gone :(

Toontown Online closed this september of 2013 but while it was around it was easily one of the best games I have ever played, its tons of fun and was a huge part of my childhood and introduction to video games. Sadly, the game closed because Disney is moving its focus to mobile game experiences. Their is a project to re-create the game called Toontown Rewritten, but it is in early development and may not offer the same protection for your kids as it is backed by the community and not a company, on the upside it is going to be free! If it is ever released I would recommend it for tweens and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog October 30, 2013

One of the Best MMORPGs of all time.

It was a great game, but i wish i didn't close on September 19th 2013.. I hope it reopens!
Teen, 13 years old Written byluckyleafs October 9, 2013

So Sad It Closed...

I have been playing this game for around 5 years, and it is honestly the best I've played; forever it will be my favorite. Unfortunately it closed recently, but the good thing is a group of non-related developers are remaking the game. Disney's Toontown was built on an old engine, Panda3D, so it is quite vulnerable to hackers... one of the reasons it closed, hopefully won't happen in the remake... The game features a fun task line (albeit a bit repetitive). I would have chosen ages 3+, but I don't think most 3-year-olds will understand the game; strategy and communication is one of the most important parts of this game as you have to fight evil business robots. Toons of the World, Unite!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPantherwolf September 23, 2013

Game Closed

Extremely slight violence, was good for small children, yet sadly, it has closed. :'(
Adult Written byKingBoo September 12, 2013

Addictive in a bad way, can't play for short intervals - forget about it

My son became way too entranced with this game and became way too involved with his "friends" (unknown players). It was addictive and impossible to play at short intervals. It caused major behavioral issues in an otherwise amiable and cooperative little boy. We tried this game at different intervals, and he had his membership revoked both times. There is no old enough to handle it, it definitely did sometthing to my son, he is not himself when allowed to play this game.
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2013

toontown true

Nothing wrong with this game
Teen, 14 years old Written byAimeex July 19, 2013

Addictive and hurtful.

I used to play Toontown Online all until recently when the hacker problem became a bit too much. They can track your IP, they can ban your account, they can reset servers (disconnecting you from an important task like defeating a Cog Building or even a Cog Boss) and they can spam. A LOT. They can give themselves obscene names and clone 2,000 toons of themselves and fill up servers so people cannot play. It is very heartbreaking and there is always fighting going on. I cried for months over a friendship I thought I had with a dog called Sheriff Max Meganerd. It was very fun and addictive (sometimes I would get in a brawl with my parents because I wouldn't get off to go and eat). When I say addictive, I mean VERY addictive. There's always something you can do (until you reach 110 Laff, then it starts to get boring). Be wary. Also, as a lot of teenagers and adults play the game children are harassed by not knowing what to do, not replying, not knowing how to play etc. my advice is to not let your child play if they cannot comprehend the game.
Educator and Parent Written byilovemybirds34 July 17, 2013

this game sucks

well me and my son use to play together alot until i had my toon high and i couldnt remember the email address so i cant play that toon anymore then he decided to play again his account has been hacked and they decided to terminated his account for things he didnt say theres way too much hacking in the game and toontown dont care they wont even do anything about it my account even got terminated one time for something my son did and i was half way maxed i wasnt able to get my account back at all there is also too much nasty sexual behavior on there too many bots being made all they care about is the money they dont even try to get hackers out of there so we can enjoy our playing it use to be good