All member reviews for Toontown Online

The first MMORG for kids, and it's a blast.

Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2013

Really fun game! :)

Toontown is a really fun game. I used to LOVE to play it, but now, it kinda got boring. Violence: Nothing to bad, just stuff like squirt guns, pie throwing, anvils, and other stuff you can drop and throw on cogs. Language: People might can make there toons say stuff like, "jerk" "idiot" "stupid" "shut up" but nothing like, "h***" "d***" f***."
Parent of an infant, 6, 11, and 19 year old Written byGoodRatings4Kids March 7, 2013

No no no no no

I don't like pie so it's bad.
Kid, 9 years old March 3, 2013

LEARNING

Why its a good game for kids

Good Game,The only thing that Families need to know is that it has a little bit of violence which is OKAY.It doesn't let you say a bad word for example B*tch They will ban/Suspend you from the game.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2013

This game is not addictive at all!

This game is pure boring. They will expand the fun for you only if you've got cash in your pocket and either gas in your car or a bus fare to go to your local Rite Aid. And by cash i mean $10 or $25. You can now create one toon (used to be 2). No shopping for clothes, furniture, or acting lessons (banana peel, cry, shock, delighted, laugh, furious, think, bored, bow/curtsy, applause, fall, confused, shrug, bored, dance) will be allowed. You can only get up to lvl 4 throw, squirt, and lvl 1 toonup/sound. If you try to go further, the guest limit will block you. You only have access to TTC. Nothing other than that, including cog bldgs. No kart racing (except speedways), kart decorating, or minigolfing will be allowed. No boss battles or facilty tours will be allowed. If you expire, all gags (except the ones i listed) will not be buyable or be used in battle. Accessories will be taken off: hats, glasses, shoes, backpacks, etc. So unless you got cash in your pocket, Disney will make you suffer.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2013

LEARNING

Good for friendship and teamwork, but sprinkled with faults and a bad filtering system for advanced chat

This game is fantastic for small children- if you don't choose SpeedChat Plus. It can teach teamwork and create friendshps. I've been an avid player of this game for over 4 years, and I can say it's great for the young and old. However, the playing experience can be impacted by what kind of chat you use. SpeedChat is the drop-down menu that only contains safe phrases, but there are a couple that can be used to express a child's anger at another. Some are "You stink!" and "Please go away!". Some children will "spam," or constantly pester another person with, these kinds of messages. However, we have a handy "Ignore" button and a "Report" system. Now, SpeedChat Plus (or Speedchat+) has its ups and downs. It can help a Toon (player) with communications in cartoony battles, but it can also be used to throw horrible insults at other Toons. There's a set chat filter for SpeedChat+, but people can get away with rude remarks by carefully using caps. One example of this is "noobS." This insult is used quite often for lower Toons that don't completely understand how the game works. Toons can also curse using codes, saying things like "fo" (f__k) and flump/matata. (sexual organs) Another big problem in the game- there are three Districts, or servers, that should be avoided by children. These Districts are Toon Valley, Nutty Summit, and Nutty River. All three are very densely packed with hackers. These hackers *normally* cannot harm your computer or steal your account info, but hackers used to be widely feared for their ability to ban, or even TERMINATE accounts. Disney fixed this a long time ago, but hackers are still feared. Hackers can apparently access motion files in the game data and play them repetitively using bots. They will sometimes abuse this feature and make bots in inappropriate positions. Hackers are determined to stand out from the crowd, using colors that would be impossible for normal Toons, such as white (not cream). They will also used modified clothes and do things like expand the chat bubble size to create huge messages that are very annoying. The very worst aspect about hackers? They can evade bans using a hacking system called a "ban shield." Toon Valley is a district in which the playground (area safe from Cogs where Toons spawn if they "go sad," or die) in ToonTown Central is filled with a humongous crowd of 50+ Toons all advertising things like resorts, game shows, or DATING shows at their Estate. Hackers can easily be spotted here. There have even been wide-spread ARMIES of bots around here, barring off vital places! Nutty River is a server that is always, ALWAYS full of Toons (literally, it's impossible to get in unless you have a "taxi," or Toon that will use programs to keep from disconnecting and parks in a certain area to allow Toons in). It is constantly filled with Cog Invasions, a feature that many Toons enjoy due to the fact that you can get twice as many skill points and many Cogs for a certain ToonTask, or quest. As I mentioned before, Nutty River is filled with hackers, so I suggest that your child not come here unless they want to be inspired to tamper with a MMOG and scar many other children. Nutty Summit is a copy of Nutty River, but scaled down so that there are less people and therefore you can maybe get in 1-5 times per hour. One large annoyance for many players that play for the actual game and quests is that the game rarely is given large updates. Sure, there are routine yearly contests, but all you win are shirts that can be glitch-stolen. Also, hackers may often overrun these kinds of contests and keep the glory to themselves. (I, personally, have had to cope with one of these scenarios, and rather recently, too. I worked all night to earn a shirt for a New Year's Competition, and since there is one set of winners every hour, I tried to go for 5:00 AM EST. After a day and a whole night of work, I was beaten.. by, most likely, a hacker.) Updates are few and far between, and usually quite minor. There is a Test ToonTown feature, and it took 5+ months to fully test and implement a map feature in the online game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychancebest November 28, 2012

What I think

Toontown is a good interactive game for people 9 and up IMO. Anyone younger would be challenged with these tasks, which take dedication. This game hasn't made a major update since 2009 but, it doesn't mean this game isn't fun.
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2012

Toontown Online Review

This used to be the greatest game of all time. Now however, it has the worst online community i've ever been apart of. The gameplay in it is very fun. But just not as special as it used to be when you have to deal with stubborn brats and jerks who try to steal your account. It also gets neglected by it's company. There has not been a major update since early 2009, and I am currently making this November 2012. Also the reason I put ages 12 and up is because this game is very challenging for kids under that age. Even though it is silly graphics and theme, it might be a little too much for younger children to understand. It is true that it is highly based on teamwork. But some people on the game will purposely make you loose all your points or, "go sad."
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2012

Toontown is the Best

Toontown is a great game for both kids and adults.It encourages teamwork and optimism.Only drawback is consumerism.This game will stimulate younger kids in positive values
Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2012

TOONTOWN IS TOONS IN A TOWN LOL

Its fine because its cartoons plus I believe it is a fine game indeed
Kid, 10 years old October 26, 2012

TOONTOWN, THE SILLIEST TOWN EVER!

Well, i used to play this game until my computer crashed when I started Migo land, and my mom's real picky on file space, so anyway. This is an overall great game. All the people who say there's bad launguage there's not (at least thal i've ever seen). I'm a big fan. Waaaaah! Why'd i have to go?!
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2012

LEARNING

It's the TOON BEHAVIOR, not the cogs themselves.

The cogs may make you go sad, but that's no big deal. Disconnetions, greening, and swearing are the 3 main problems I've seen. In Toon Valley, TTC there are two white dogs: Elite Spike and Clyde. Watch out, they spam and make fun of you. Clyde called my toon a rat! In the SBHQ lobby toons 15 laff trap toons in the elevator. And if so, you might get dc'd and lose all you progress. :(
Parent Written byEden300 September 19, 2012

TOONTOWN STINKS

Toontown is fun at first. Ive been a member over 8 yrs but there are many problems. The main one is with hackers who steal accts, disconnect u, do all kinds of glitches & cheat. My toon still isn't maxed & I'm meeting toons daily now who cheated to max their toons and even tell me about it! 137 is max; my toon has been 134 for almost a yr. & I play all the time It's extremely difficult to max your toon, but the cheaters do it all the time - so unfair. 8 ys x $80= $640 spent!!! Look at racing for example. Look at the all time high scoreboards ALL ARE THE CHEATERS If you try and race (I did yesterday) a cheater came on and did a glitch on me so I lost. And I have to win 400 races to meet the racing requirement!!!! I have reported all this to tt more than once but they ignore you. TT has no ph number you can call btw - they dont care about u at all just ur $$$. It really stinks for a Disney company, no quality or attention that u would expect really says alot about Disney as a co.Oh & bad toons say FILTHY things on tt very very bad things using the "approved words" (like I wanna rake u)
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Expert on Good August 16, 2012

Great, innocent game

This game is a very fun game that is great for young children. Even I like to play this game as a teenager! The only thing you need to pay is 9.95$ a month for a subscription, but that's not that bad when your kid learns to cooperate and work with others!
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2012

Its Ok....

There is a lot of hackers and stuff its not really a safe website anymore make sure your kid can handle dirty things
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

LEARNING

awesome and kid friendly game!

well... this is a good game i am 11 and i play it... you might be thinking hes too old to play! well i love this game and i think it kinda helps learning so yea... but its a good game! and there is NOTHING bad about this
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2012

LEARNING

I can't stop playing (until you reach a certain point)

This game is fun! If there were no cogs, toontown wouldn't be fun. So, be careful of going into the Toon valley district, because two white dogs named Elite Spike and Clyde who roam there harassing toons and spamming screens. And some hackers (say "hawk ours") say, "WE ARE MODE CLAN! WE ARE MODE CLAN! WE ARE MODE CLAN!" and they repeatedly use emotes that most toons do not have. Another thing is if you have a member or non member buddy and you're the opposite, bad things happen. Toons of the world, unite!
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2012

Best game ever

this game rocks im 100 laff points and you can go around and get tasks and can give you a brighter future
Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2012

Nothing bad about this.

I played this game when I was younger, it was a blast. They always came up with new things! There are some bullies if you can talk, but I can deal with them. I make friends alot and not just by random friend requests but by socializing. Maybe it feels like love but you can't say anthing sexual on here because of a filter. After a while though it gets boring. I don;t know if it's because im too old for it or not. Overall, A BLAST!
Parent Written byTomBarrister May 11, 2012

The game has gone way downhill.

At one time (perhaps up to 2008), the game was reasonably good. I don't recommend the game anymore, and especially not for kids. Most of the subscribers are angry adults or rude teens. There are a lot of bullies, there is a lot of hacking, and there is a lot of elitism in the game. It's not a healthy environment for kids. On top of that, the game is full of "bugs"/"glitches" that hamper game play, lag is bad on busy servers (districts), and players get disconnected frequently, often in the middle of a long game or task. It's just not worth it anymore.
Parent Written byIamaMom April 16, 2012

adults play too - excellent game

Toontown can certainly be addictive. I should know, as an adult who plays way too much. I think it is important for parents to realize there are many adults who play. Most of the adult players I have met started playing with their children, and then discovered, as I did, that the game contains sufficient depth and strategy to be interesting for players of all ages. Fortunately, the adult players I have met appear to have the best interests of the children at heart, and work to keep this a child friendly game. With that said, there is always the potential for a child to be approached by an adult with criminal intent. For this reason, it might be a good idea to not permit your child to have open chat (they can be limited to the speed chat). However, open chat is almost necessary when/if they reach the higher levels of the game, as many players will not invite chatless toons into battle groups. I eventually "caved" and gave my daughter chat, with clear instructions (I hope) on safe chat vs. unsafe. Other comments -- she learned a lot of math early on (number of points to defeat a cog), and her typing skills improved once she got chat. I was initially taken aback by the cartoon violence, and somewhat concerned about its psychological effects. But ... the enemy is always a robot. Does it really harm a child to see a piano dropped on a robot? You have to decide that for yourself. I rated this for 7+ because of the violence and chat issues, but my daughter started much younger. I like the cooperative aspect of the game. Occasionally there are toons or groups (bored teens?) that will attempt to sabotage other players, but almost all toons, kids and adults, are in the game to have fun and work together. All in all, it's a fun game, but you may want to watch that it doesn't take over your child's (or your own, lol) life!