The first MMORG for kids, and it's a blast.

Teen, 14 years old Written byliqu1d October 30, 2013

The best MMO for kids and teens alike, but now its gone :(

Toontown Online closed this september of 2013 but while it was around it was easily one of the best games I have ever played, its tons of fun and was a huge part of my childhood and introduction to video games. Sadly, the game closed because Disney is moving its focus to mobile game experiences. Their is a project to re-create the game called Toontown Rewritten, but it is in early development and may not offer the same protection for your kids as it is backed by the community and not a company, on the upside it is going to be free! If it is ever released I would recommend it for tweens and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog October 30, 2013

One of the Best MMORPGs of all time.

It was a great game, but i wish i didn't close on September 19th 2013.. I hope it reopens!
Teen, 13 years old Written byluckyleafs October 9, 2013

So Sad It Closed...

I have been playing this game for around 5 years, and it is honestly the best I've played; forever it will be my favorite. Unfortunately it closed recently, but the good thing is a group of non-related developers are remaking the game. Disney's Toontown was built on an old engine, Panda3D, so it is quite vulnerable to hackers... one of the reasons it closed, hopefully won't happen in the remake... The game features a fun task line (albeit a bit repetitive). I would have chosen ages 3+, but I don't think most 3-year-olds will understand the game; strategy and communication is one of the most important parts of this game as you have to fight evil business robots. Toons of the World, Unite!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPantherwolf September 23, 2013

Game Closed

Extremely slight violence, was good for small children, yet sadly, it has closed. :'(
Adult Written byKingBoo September 12, 2013

Addictive in a bad way, can't play for short intervals - forget about it

My son became way too entranced with this game and became way too involved with his "friends" (unknown players). It was addictive and impossible to play at short intervals. It caused major behavioral issues in an otherwise amiable and cooperative little boy. We tried this game at different intervals, and he had his membership revoked both times. There is no old enough to handle it, it definitely did sometthing to my son, he is not himself when allowed to play this game.
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2013

toontown true

Nothing wrong with this game
Teen, 14 years old Written byAimeex July 19, 2013

Addictive and hurtful.

I used to play Toontown Online all until recently when the hacker problem became a bit too much. They can track your IP, they can ban your account, they can reset servers (disconnecting you from an important task like defeating a Cog Building or even a Cog Boss) and they can spam. A LOT. They can give themselves obscene names and clone 2,000 toons of themselves and fill up servers so people cannot play. It is very heartbreaking and there is always fighting going on. I cried for months over a friendship I thought I had with a dog called Sheriff Max Meganerd. It was very fun and addictive (sometimes I would get in a brawl with my parents because I wouldn't get off to go and eat). When I say addictive, I mean VERY addictive. There's always something you can do (until you reach 110 Laff, then it starts to get boring). Be wary. Also, as a lot of teenagers and adults play the game children are harassed by not knowing what to do, not replying, not knowing how to play etc. my advice is to not let your child play if they cannot comprehend the game.
Educator and Parent Written byilovemybirds34 July 17, 2013

this game sucks

well me and my son use to play together alot until i had my toon high and i couldnt remember the email address so i cant play that toon anymore then he decided to play again his account has been hacked and they decided to terminated his account for things he didnt say theres way too much hacking in the game and toontown dont care they wont even do anything about it my account even got terminated one time for something my son did and i was half way maxed i wasnt able to get my account back at all there is also too much nasty sexual behavior on there too many bots being made all they care about is the money they dont even try to get hackers out of there so we can enjoy our playing it use to be good
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2013

Great first Online Game for Kids!

There is no objectable content in this game. You run around as a colorful animal, guided by favorite Disney Characters, to defeat industrial robots by making them laugh. The game shows the importance of color, joy, and humor in our society. When you defeated in the game, you simply become sad, and are sent back to a peaceful area in which no antagonistic Cogs roam to eat virtual ice cream cones and become happy again. However, some areas are not accessable without purchasing a ten dollar membership. Howver, if you are really into the game, then it is well worth the money. (Parents, I've learned from experience that giving your kids a membership is a great excuse to make us kids do chores to earn it.) Kids under the age of ten should be restricted to Speedchat, because offensive messages can be snuck past the word filter used in chat.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 2, 2013

Prank fun with MICKEY MOUSE!!!!!! :)

It's really great I'd say it's or 4 year olds but you have ti be smart to understand it.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2013

Great Game!

ToonTown is a great game, one of the best ever. Yes, it can get addicting, but I've played ToonTown for seven years and I've learned that parents can set limits. If someone you're in charge of is playing too much, tell them to get off when they need to get off. Maybe introduce them to something just as fun. It always worked for me. I play pretty frequently, but I get off when I need to. This game is very fun, and I recommend it.
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2013

Toontown Would Be Better If It Didn't Cost Money

I like this game, but I didn't know I had to pay money. $9.95 a month!
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2013

Really fun game! :)

Toontown is a really fun game. I used to LOVE to play it, but now, it kinda got boring. Violence: Nothing to bad, just stuff like squirt guns, pie throwing, anvils, and other stuff you can drop and throw on cogs. Language: People might can make there toons say stuff like, "jerk" "idiot" "stupid" "shut up" but nothing like, "h***" "d***" f***."
Kid, 9 years old March 3, 2013

Why its a good game for kids

Good Game,The only thing that Families need to know is that it has a little bit of violence which is OKAY.It doesn't let you say a bad word for example B*tch They will ban/Suspend you from the game.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2013

This game is not addictive at all!

This game is pure boring. They will expand the fun for you only if you've got cash in your pocket and either gas in your car or a bus fare to go to your local Rite Aid. And by cash i mean $10 or $25. You can now create one toon (used to be 2). No shopping for clothes, furniture, or acting lessons (banana peel, cry, shock, delighted, laugh, furious, think, bored, bow/curtsy, applause, fall, confused, shrug, bored, dance) will be allowed. You can only get up to lvl 4 throw, squirt, and lvl 1 toonup/sound. If you try to go further, the guest limit will block you. You only have access to TTC. Nothing other than that, including cog bldgs. No kart racing (except speedways), kart decorating, or minigolfing will be allowed. No boss battles or facilty tours will be allowed. If you expire, all gags (except the ones i listed) will not be buyable or be used in battle. Accessories will be taken off: hats, glasses, shoes, backpacks, etc. So unless you got cash in your pocket, Disney will make you suffer.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2013

Good for friendship and teamwork, but sprinkled with faults and a bad filtering system for advanced chat

This game is fantastic for small children- if you don't choose SpeedChat Plus. It can teach teamwork and create friendshps. I've been an avid player of this game for over 4 years, and I can say it's great for the young and old. However, the playing experience can be impacted by what kind of chat you use. SpeedChat is the drop-down menu that only contains safe phrases, but there are a couple that can be used to express a child's anger at another. Some are "You stink!" and "Please go away!". Some children will "spam," or constantly pester another person with, these kinds of messages. However, we have a handy "Ignore" button and a "Report" system. Now, SpeedChat Plus (or Speedchat+) has its ups and downs. It can help a Toon (player) with communications in cartoony battles, but it can also be used to throw horrible insults at other Toons. There's a set chat filter for SpeedChat+, but people can get away with rude remarks by carefully using caps. One example of this is "noobS." This insult is used quite often for lower Toons that don't completely understand how the game works. Toons can also curse using codes, saying things like "fo" (f__k) and flump/matata. (sexual organs) Another big problem in the game- there are three Districts, or servers, that should be avoided by children. These Districts are Toon Valley, Nutty Summit, and Nutty River. All three are very densely packed with hackers. These hackers *normally* cannot harm your computer or steal your account info, but hackers used to be widely feared for their ability to ban, or even TERMINATE accounts. Disney fixed this a long time ago, but hackers are still feared. Hackers can apparently access motion files in the game data and play them repetitively using bots. They will sometimes abuse this feature and make bots in inappropriate positions. Hackers are determined to stand out from the crowd, using colors that would be impossible for normal Toons, such as white (not cream). They will also used modified clothes and do things like expand the chat bubble size to create huge messages that are very annoying. The very worst aspect about hackers? They can evade bans using a hacking system called a "ban shield." Toon Valley is a district in which the playground (area safe from Cogs where Toons spawn if they "go sad," or die) in ToonTown Central is filled with a humongous crowd of 50+ Toons all advertising things like resorts, game shows, or DATING shows at their Estate. Hackers can easily be spotted here. There have even been wide-spread ARMIES of bots around here, barring off vital places! Nutty River is a server that is always, ALWAYS full of Toons (literally, it's impossible to get in unless you have a "taxi," or Toon that will use programs to keep from disconnecting and parks in a certain area to allow Toons in). It is constantly filled with Cog Invasions, a feature that many Toons enjoy due to the fact that you can get twice as many skill points and many Cogs for a certain ToonTask, or quest. As I mentioned before, Nutty River is filled with hackers, so I suggest that your child not come here unless they want to be inspired to tamper with a MMOG and scar many other children. Nutty Summit is a copy of Nutty River, but scaled down so that there are less people and therefore you can maybe get in 1-5 times per hour. One large annoyance for many players that play for the actual game and quests is that the game rarely is given large updates. Sure, there are routine yearly contests, but all you win are shirts that can be glitch-stolen. Also, hackers may often overrun these kinds of contests and keep the glory to themselves. (I, personally, have had to cope with one of these scenarios, and rather recently, too. I worked all night to earn a shirt for a New Year's Competition, and since there is one set of winners every hour, I tried to go for 5:00 AM EST. After a day and a whole night of work, I was beaten.. by, most likely, a hacker.) Updates are few and far between, and usually quite minor. There is a Test ToonTown feature, and it took 5+ months to fully test and implement a map feature in the online game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychancebest November 28, 2012

What I think

Toontown is a good interactive game for people 9 and up IMO. Anyone younger would be challenged with these tasks, which take dedication. This game hasn't made a major update since 2009 but, it doesn't mean this game isn't fun.
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2012

Toontown Online Review

This used to be the greatest game of all time. Now however, it has the worst online community i've ever been apart of. The gameplay in it is very fun. But just not as special as it used to be when you have to deal with stubborn brats and jerks who try to steal your account. It also gets neglected by it's company. There has not been a major update since early 2009, and I am currently making this November 2012. Also the reason I put ages 12 and up is because this game is very challenging for kids under that age. Even though it is silly graphics and theme, it might be a little too much for younger children to understand. It is true that it is highly based on teamwork. But some people on the game will purposely make you loose all your points or, "go sad."
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2012

Toontown is the Best

Toontown is a great game for both kids and adults.It encourages teamwork and optimism.Only drawback is consumerism.This game will stimulate younger kids in positive values
Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2012

TOONTOWN IS TOONS IN A TOWN LOL

Its fine because its cartoons plus I believe it is a fine game indeed