All member reviews for Toontown Online

The first MMORG for kids, and it's a blast.

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2012

Toontown Online Review

This used to be the greatest game of all time. Now however, it has the worst online community i've ever been apart of. The gameplay in it is very fun. But just not as special as it used to be when you have to deal with stubborn brats and jerks who try to steal your account. It also gets neglected by it's company. There has not been a major update since early 2009, and I am currently making this November 2012. Also the reason I put ages 12 and up is because this game is very challenging for kids under that age. Even though it is silly graphics and theme, it might be a little too much for younger children to understand. It is true that it is highly based on teamwork. But some people on the game will purposely make you loose all your points or, "go sad."
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2012

Toontown is the Best

Toontown is a great game for both kids and adults.It encourages teamwork and optimism.Only drawback is consumerism.This game will stimulate younger kids in positive values
Parent Written byEden300 September 19, 2012

TOONTOWN STINKS

Toontown is fun at first. Ive been a member over 8 yrs but there are many problems. The main one is with hackers who steal accts, disconnect u, do all kinds of glitches & cheat. My toon still isn't maxed & I'm meeting toons daily now who cheated to max their toons and even tell me about it! 137 is max; my toon has been 134 for almost a yr. & I play all the time It's extremely difficult to max your toon, but the cheaters do it all the time - so unfair. 8 ys x $80= $640 spent!!! Look at racing for example. Look at the all time high scoreboards ALL ARE THE CHEATERS If you try and race (I did yesterday) a cheater came on and did a glitch on me so I lost. And I have to win 400 races to meet the racing requirement!!!! I have reported all this to tt more than once but they ignore you. TT has no ph number you can call btw - they dont care about u at all just ur $$$. It really stinks for a Disney company, no quality or attention that u would expect really says alot about Disney as a co.Oh & bad toons say FILTHY things on tt very very bad things using the "approved words" (like I wanna rake u)
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Expert on Good August 16, 2012

Great, innocent game

This game is a very fun game that is great for young children. Even I like to play this game as a teenager! The only thing you need to pay is 9.95$ a month for a subscription, but that's not that bad when your kid learns to cooperate and work with others!
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

LEARNING

awesome and kid friendly game!

well... this is a good game i am 11 and i play it... you might be thinking hes too old to play! well i love this game and i think it kinda helps learning so yea... but its a good game! and there is NOTHING bad about this
Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2012

Nothing bad about this.

I played this game when I was younger, it was a blast. They always came up with new things! There are some bullies if you can talk, but I can deal with them. I make friends alot and not just by random friend requests but by socializing. Maybe it feels like love but you can't say anthing sexual on here because of a filter. After a while though it gets boring. I don;t know if it's because im too old for it or not. Overall, A BLAST!
Parent Written byIamaMom April 16, 2012

adults play too - excellent game

Toontown can certainly be addictive. I should know, as an adult who plays way too much. I think it is important for parents to realize there are many adults who play. Most of the adult players I have met started playing with their children, and then discovered, as I did, that the game contains sufficient depth and strategy to be interesting for players of all ages. Fortunately, the adult players I have met appear to have the best interests of the children at heart, and work to keep this a child friendly game. With that said, there is always the potential for a child to be approached by an adult with criminal intent. For this reason, it might be a good idea to not permit your child to have open chat (they can be limited to the speed chat). However, open chat is almost necessary when/if they reach the higher levels of the game, as many players will not invite chatless toons into battle groups. I eventually "caved" and gave my daughter chat, with clear instructions (I hope) on safe chat vs. unsafe. Other comments -- she learned a lot of math early on (number of points to defeat a cog), and her typing skills improved once she got chat. I was initially taken aback by the cartoon violence, and somewhat concerned about its psychological effects. But ... the enemy is always a robot. Does it really harm a child to see a piano dropped on a robot? You have to decide that for yourself. I rated this for 7+ because of the violence and chat issues, but my daughter started much younger. I like the cooperative aspect of the game. Occasionally there are toons or groups (bored teens?) that will attempt to sabotage other players, but almost all toons, kids and adults, are in the game to have fun and work together. All in all, it's a fun game, but you may want to watch that it doesn't take over your child's (or your own, lol) life!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 March 11, 2012

Fun, fun, fun

I like this game.
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2012

Absolutely Fun! If you monitor...

@Miranda... and Other Families.. This game is AWESOME! There is soooo Much 2 do! The only, "Violence" is when you're fighting COGS.(What's violent about that?) What are kids going 2 do? Go out and throw a Cream Pie at someone and say, "Toons of the World Unite?!" NO. Let your kids play there is NOTHING wrong with this game. The only problem I have is membership. I don't have it.. So. You are only really active in one "Neighborhood" (Areas where popular Disney Characters live and different Cogs Reside) Basics: You have a toon who is your Avatar. (You can make up to 6 with memberships, and you have more animals to choose from). You have a Laff Meter (Determines your "Level"). Your mission is to keep the Cogs (SellBots,Cashbots,BossBots,LawBots) They are so fun to beat with friends. You use gags you buy with Jelly Beans (Site Currency) that can be earned by fishing and turning in the fish, playing ToonTasks, Saving in your bank, and playing Trolley Games. Different Types of Gags: Sound, Squirt, Throw, Toonup , Lure , Drop. You have different leveled Cogs to beat. The higher levels are fun 2 beat with friends! There are Cog Bosses (Order of Importance) : C.E.O. , Chief Justice , C.F.O. , V.P. ToonTasks: ToonTasks are the "Missions" of ToonTown. You complete them and go to the Toon HQ Nearest to you. Once again, if you are NOT a member, the only Toon HQ you can access is the one in ToonTown Central. You can find ToonTasks just about... ANYWHERE! Cog Buildings: Most cog Buildings are in different "Member Only" NeighboorHoods. (Non Members are still allowed in these Neighboorhoods, but cannot do much). They are Gray and depressing. You can access the building with other toons, Defeat the cogs, and when the building transforms back into a colorful, toon building, you walk inside. There is an imprint in the wall of the building. your picture will go in there along with your toon name showing you have saved that toon building until it is possessed again. Clothing: Non-Member Toons can still purchase clothing with "Clothing Tickets". These can only be earned by completing ToonTasks with the Reward "Clothing ticket". Encrypted Code Toons Words: DS= Dating Show Do!Me= we all know what this is.... Noob= A low level non player, person who does not know how to play toon town or is annoying on= #1 too=#2 tree=#3 for=#4 hive=#5 fix, or ix=#6 P.S.- Toontown can become very addictive... XD Overall Point- Toontown is a good game, just watch what your children do please!?
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2011

Three words :BEST GAME EVER!!!

Honestly i've been playing since it opened when I was like 3 or 4, but it is THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this game so much.Not really much of a review, it is awsome!!!!
Kid, 9 years old October 30, 2011

Good but the citizens

toontown is a really fun site but its not always for kids. well its not what toontown does its the people some of them hack other people's accounts. other people do things like dating shows toontown never made up things like DATING i mean toons do this all the time but if you like toontown alot for your kids it is fun but keep them out of the district ToonValley. its were the hackers live and the dating shows are held. and i will tell you how i found out about this district. one day i was just on toontown doing what i like to do. then this monkey toon said ive been hacked. and i had no idea about this thing.well i was scared to go to toonvalley at first but my sister made me. there was ALOT of toons there. sometimes they give out jellybeans there but STILL. i dont think Toonvalley is a safe place for your children. one time a hacker hacked into my toon's house! and did you know that hackers can ban your childrens accounts! i looove toontown i admit it is VERY FUN. but these toontown citizens. are NOT that nice. and besides hacking these toons have powerful gags and they make fun of you if you dont have that much. so i think that you should keep your kid on toontown but NOT in the district ToonValley if you never heard about this then you should NOT let them know about it.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

perfect for anybody

i love it it is fun! my name is fancy sparkletoon and she is a 64 laff i love busting cogs and doing the vp! you should play too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 1, 2011

yet another pay-to-play from disney!

Fun, but you can't do much without paying to play.
Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2010

Kid, 7 years old July 17, 2010

love it
Kid, 7 years old June 24, 2010

Kid, 9 years old April 4, 2010

notcool

i hate how it is so slow
Teen, 13 years old Written byjace price January 28, 2010

very very very very very very good

love it
Teen, 14 years old Written bygolder October 29, 2009

gugagugagugagugagugagugagugagugagugagugaguga

awsome
Adult Written byCSM Screen name... October 4, 2009

tool town fun

I Love this games is because this helps me to no more and i seen it on t.v so i want to play with you