All member reviews for Total War: Rome II

Compelling war strategy game combines brains with brawn.

Parent Written byMaaah November 1, 2013

It IS the BEST;)

This is THE BEST historical strategy game. If it wasn't for the difficulty of playing the game, it would have been fine for anyone who loves there RPG/Strategy/RTS games ;)
Parent Written byJerry Rosh September 12, 2013

Great game for 13 and up

This game is a very good game, my son plays it and I even play it sometimes. I think common sense media exaggerated a bit with their review and I give this game 13 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd September 30, 2013

WoW!!

The only game which i played longer than Age of Empires 3. Helps me to use my brain a lot in each and every step/decision I make.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 24, 2014

Good in itself, but compared with the original?

I bought the original Rome Total War in 2010 on amazon, including its expansion packs, for £9.00. Amazing deal. A great central game, along with a challenging semi-sequel and an interesting and clever side game. Total War Rome 2 though? Not worth the £30.00 it costs on steam. It has blasting away graphics, and includes naval battles, but other than that Rome Total War 1 is the superior game. I'm not a bad general on Rome 1, but even on easy mode I can't win any battles unless I have a massive advantage on Rome 2. Its a good battle simulator, and slightly educational, but if you've played any Total War games other than Medieval 1 and Shogun 1 you're bound to be disappointed. Only for die hard Total War fans in my opinion. Get the original, its better and more fun :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamer31 November 16, 2013

Buy this now

This title really depends on what your kid is like. 1. Being the fact that it has massive amounts of deaths and few brutal kill animations during the fighting, and after the battle, bodies will litter the battlefield. 2. This game also does have some alcohol and drug references at times. 3. But this game does teach European geography, makes you think with the battles, and gives you a basic idea of how countries were back then. BUY IT NOW!!!
Parent Written byDave556733 October 12, 2015

Great for classical world introduction.

If your kids are old enough to watch Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, then this should be acceptable. I've played it for a while and I don't think 3 is a good representation of 'sex' in the game. As far as I've seen it should be 0.
Parent Written bykirka October 28, 2014

Super game.

I'm not an RTS kinda guy, but the sheer scale and epic battles seems like they'll be enough for me to learn it. Plus, I wanna see how my rig will handle all of those characters on screen at once. Gratis Games
Teen, 15 years old Written byAugusto22 March 8, 2014

The "best strategy game"

This game does not really deserve the good reviews it receives. It is poorly optimized(even with a good computer you can get a FPS of 15) It was an epic fail on the launch date, crashing repeatedly, and is still being patched to this day. Finally it is way too easy. I suggest getting Shogun Total War 2.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAgentGuru18 November 25, 2013

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

This is worse than a plane on fire flying into a tornado. Don't bother buying this train wreck of a game. Do yourself a favour and buy Red Dead Redemption, a real game.
Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2013

not bad at all

pretty cool and ive only watched it! no swears no drugs just a cool game.
Adult Written byDebi S. August 17, 2016

Very good game

First off this game is really fun but hard. You can learn alot from roman and Greek times. Even In the loading screen it's teaching good morals. Violence isn't that big of a deal unless you buy the blood pack. But that doesn't even matter unless you have a really good PC. The most sexual the game can get is a picture of Caesar hugging Cleopatra. There's a little of swearing. That's it buy the game
Parent Written bysimon.u October 25, 2015

Huge strategy game teaches military tactics, Roman history and geography

I'm a big fan of Total War series, I've played most titles since Shogun came out in 2000. I've shared my enthusiasm for this game with my eldest son who recently turned 12. Last year he used to play custom battles only, but recently he's started playing the campaigns. We play Rome 2 together when we can, so we can discuss and share what's happening in the strategy and battlefield tactics. The game has helped build an interest in Roman history, cultural and military, and we also talk about the geography of Europe and the Roman Empire. My son finds the campaigns quite challenging... there's lots of decision making to be done and you have to adapt your plans as events unfold. There are a few 'adult' themes in some of the character details but these are not a main part of the game. The main game is about conquering the world! Its an epic game of soldiers... you make your own mind whether that's entertainment or not. Last point... its demanding on computer power. To play smoothly and to see the glorious graphics needs a decent core i5 and GPU