All member reviews for Transformers: War for Cybertron

Toy-based sci-fi robotic brawler gets repetitive.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymaster_nacho June 30, 2010
I bought this game right when it came out. Ya, there is violence like shooting. Role models that are good are the Autobots for protecting cybertron and bad role models are the Decepticons for trying to take over cybertron and killing anything in site. So, its on for 11+
Kid, 9 years old July 16, 2011

AGAIN GET COMMON SENSE

Look the only thing bad about this is violence. I mean it should be rated E 10+ but a great all-around game
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2015

One of the best games out there, must-play for Transformers fans

The game is simply one of the best games out there, while it is slightly old and outdated, the online multiplayer (which you need to pay for on Xbox 360) adds loads of replay value The game has some pretty good role models too, Optimus Prime would sacrifice himself for the survival of Cybertron, Bumblebee is... well, reckless, but otherwise will do anything to save Cybertron The only bad models are the Decepticons Your child may be unsafe online due to voicechat, but voicechat requires a headset, so as long as your child isn't wearing a headset while playing online, they are fine Overall: Violence: 5/10: Undetailed violence between robots, contains some blue liquid called Energon Language: 1/10: Scrap is used Sex: 0/10: None, except (SPOILER!) Arcee's appearance Drugs: 0/10 None
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy June 1, 2013

This is an awesome game.

This is perfect. Nice graphics, easy to play, really fun, super action packed, and everything. This is a treat for any Transformers fan.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 19, 2013

Cybertron, a global warzone!

In this game, you play as both the Autobots and Decepticons to battle each other for the sake of their home planet, Cybertron. It's a really fun game! Tons of playable characters, different weapons, impressive graphics and sounds, and compelling stories make this game a blast, literally! Although sometimes it may feel repetitive as Common Sense says, but I think that is what this game is basically about: shooting the enemy robots.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

Roll out!

The definitive Transformers game, period.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byChris01 January 6, 2012

Not a good review. Not because i dont agree, but because the reviewer hardly even tries to sustain why this game should be for 13 and older.

Its a shame this is not for 10 year olds. I got this to play with my ten year old kid, and it's a bit of a bummer to see this rating. It would be great if this website did something about all the nonsense ratings. For example, in the area where it says: "see what other parents and educators have to say, there are only a bunch of teens giving their own silly opinions. There is one problem. On one side, we always want to think we know better. On the other is that the review for this game was not good. If I wanted an in-depth review, I'd watch something on Gamespot or IGN, or Gametrailers etc, etc... The review just goes on talking about the game. What ever happened to reviewing a game to sustain why the reviewer should be only for that age. It felt very incomplete really. Nevertheless, it IS an awesome game. I am in love with it. -actually, im on my way to getting a platinum for this game :)
Parent Written byBob xanoliavich September 23, 2011

On the fence first

If your child is really wanting to get this game let him/her cause i let my 10 year old play this and watched him play it because there's nothing good these days and a little violent but not really and more story and it turned out that i bought it for him and i play it with him good role models especially Optimus prime he was very heroic and always looking out for his teammates. Over all really good for kids 8 and up. And i even called common sense media headquarters to see if the 13 and up was true and it was a mistake and they said they were going to fix that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRodimus September 22, 2011

Great for kids 9 and under

Great!! my two kids played it at age 7 and 10 and they loved it i sat there and watched them and watched them play and it is definitely age appropriate in the review it says lots of guns and all that jazz but really there is not allot of violence more story how the auto bots began and how megatron wanted power really good for kids 9 and under and over only under till 6 though. Overall really good
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2011

great game with the only issue being violence

This is a great game! You shouldn't judge it by it's teen rating because the only issue this game has is that it has moderate violence but your kids have seen more than that in racing games.You should definatly let your 9 and up year old kid play it.
Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written bysidice24 February 3, 2011

Best Online

This game is best played online so you'll really like it
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

Game transformers deserves.

Im glad this stuck to the transformers show instead of the micheal bay movies. It has good gameplay and an entertaining with plenty of modes to keep you busy.
Adult Written byWarri August 7, 2010

Good game for 9+

The violence in the game is not strong and doesn,t have any blood or gore but the guns sound very real
Adult Written byHi im bob July 11, 2010

Good 4 twenners

Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2010

It's ok

This game has nothing wrong with it. I don't have much to say. It's a prequel to the movies... fine game but nothing amazing